Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Daytime Car and engine bay pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by LTBlackBird
They are AR Rebels, 18x9's up front and 18x10's in the rear.

Yea, when i had the engine out we blocked off the hole for the fuel lines and cut a small one behind the old location and they go behind the brake booster.

Thanks for all the compliments guys
What do those rebels run you? Any idea how much each wheel weighs?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chevy16
thats my favorite Trans Am!!!

Fixed...and I think it's my favorite too.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:19 PM

Very nice
Old 01-17-2007, 07:19 PM

i like it but i would like to see honycomb taillights on it, maybe with some vht
Old 01-17-2007, 07:26 PM

are those the stock valve covers?
they look really good...

i also like the paint...
Old 01-17-2007, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kredz28
What do those rebels run you? Any idea how much each wheel weighs?
Well I got them used off of a guy on LS1tech, theyre in decent shape. I eventually plan to get them re-chromed down the road but that will be a while. But wheels and tires was $600 shipped so i got a pretty good deal.

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
i like it but i would like to see honycomb taillights on it, maybe with some vht
I actually had some honeycombs on them but sold them for $100 plus these LT1's, which are in really good shape. I love the gridded LT1 lights, especially at night. I also considered VHT but i want to see how they look after i get some filler letters in, im not going to paint over these anyways since its so hard to find good LT1 taillights now.

Originally Posted by ZL1modified
are those the stock valve covers?
they look really good...

i also like the paint...

Yes they are stock, they were powdercoated by a friend of mine. When the sun is out then they really sparkle. here is a close up on just them

Old 01-17-2007, 10:06 PM

WOW... THat engine bay is cle-e-e-ean! ....SWEETNESS! I gotta polish mine now...

Noice ride bro! How those Rebels workin out? I got a vibe problem w/ mine.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 PM

Truely a remarkable job you did there. I can't stop looking at it (and wishing my bay was that nice). Kudos bro!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:46 PM

not feeling the paint scheme, id prolly do it a little different but still looks good anyways, and there's nothing wrong with being a little different . that's got to be the cleanest engine bay ever, looks f***ing bad @ss. JOB WELL DONE SIR
Old 01-18-2007, 07:30 PM

Thanks again everyone, yea i figured many would either love the paint or it would be just kinda blah for them which is one of the things you have to expect when doing something different. I do appreciate all the comments, its been a long time in the making...mainly being due to funds, being in highschool and trying to work off my bill (I worked part time with F-Body Motorsports) really took longer then i thought. I had a good bit saved up to start it, sold a good bit of stuff off of the car stock to help me out but i eventually ran out of funds. Parents let me borrow some money and it slowly got done, then once all the money part was taken care of and she was all together she wanted to give me a fit and backfire all the time. Did this to me for well over 2 weeks and were pretty much just chasing gremlins, also had to wait for some parts to get back from the coaters which took over a month longer then they should have. It really meant a lot the first time i took it to school, which i now know i will not be doing so very many times. It was definitely an adventure and i learned a lot, couldnt have done it without the guys at the shop

As far as the wheels go, i am getting a bad vibration at about 80mph, im hoping some of the weights got lost during shipping or that they just weren't balanced very well but either way im going to take them to get rebalanced this weekend. Thanks guys
Old 01-18-2007, 08:14 PM

Realy like the car. I had the same idea for paint also just difrent colors.
Do you live in Charlotte?
You need to take it down to Atlanta for the Gathering in May.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by n2omike
Realy like the car. I had the same idea for paint also just difrent colors.
Do you live in Charlotte?
You need to take it down to Atlanta for the Gathering in May.
Yea, im in Charlotte and i look forward to the gathering, it was a lot of fun last year. We plan to have a small cruise in next weekend granted this ice stuff moves out, wish we did it last weekend when the weather was ridiculously nice.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by LTBlackBird
being in highschool ... It really meant a lot the first time i took it to school, which i now know i will not be doing so very many times.
Wow, you're in highschool? That's cool. Does your dad help you with your car mods or do you pay someone to do everything? Really cool either way; I wish my dad helped me do something haha
Old 01-18-2007, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Wow, you're in highschool? That's cool. Does your dad help you with your car mods or do you pay someone to do everything? Really cool either way; I wish my dad helped me do something haha
He hlps when he can but mostly it was done at the shop, the main benefit of working there was free lift time, cost on parts, and all the guuys (if they like you) there to help you. But 90% of the work was done by me, i have quite a few scars from just my rear end swap
Old 01-18-2007, 11:03 PM

simply a beautiful paint scheme. Car looks awesome and i know the amount of time it takes to do something like that (i used to work in a bodyshop). I couldnt' imagine pulling the engine out and all the wiring in order to paint it but definitly turned out great! Just curious (b/c i know you got a huge discount) how much would a paint job cost like that do you think?

Quick Reply: Daytime Car and engine bay pics!!!