Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Corbeau CR-1 (Carrera) seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 03:57 PM

Question Corbeau CR-1 (Carrera) seats

Does anyone have these in their f-body? Any install problems w/ power seat (driver's side)? Which harness set-up do you recommend? Thanks for any input!!
Old 09-24-2002, 04:38 PM

I have the Carrera seats, they fit fine, and the brackets work just fine, all the motor stuff comes out with the stock seat. I use a 5-point harness, and got the cutout for the sub belt installed in the seat when I ordered it. The stock seatbelts are still in, and work fine for the street.

Dave
Old 09-25-2002, 12:10 AM

Question

When you say the motor for the power seat came out w/ it, did you reinstall the motor w/ the new seat or does it mean the driver's seat isn't power adjusted any more? I plan to go w/ the 4 point harness. Thanks!
Old 09-25-2002, 12:17 AM

That's correct. The motor is built in to the stock seat. You'll end up with a manual slider instead.

Dave
Old 04-18-2003, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by LPEdave
I have the Carrera seats, they fit fine, and the brackets work just fine, all the motor stuff comes out with the stock seat. I use a 5-point harness, and got the cutout for the sub belt installed in the seat when I ordered it. The stock seatbelts are still in, and work fine for the street.
Dave, it's me....Keegan with the Firehawk (was also at Brian's wedding)

Anyway, I'm looking into getting the CR1 (Carrera) seats but was concerned about the sub belt. You mentioned you had them install an actual 'cutout' for the sub belt? How did it come out? Is it very professional? How about additional cost for that? And where did you order yours from, Corbeau directly?

Sorry for all the questions but I gotsta know. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-19-2003, 12:17 PM

LPEDAVE do you have any pictures of the seats installed? I want to see what they look like in our cars
Old 04-19-2003, 12:28 PM

Keegan, I ordered the seats thru Frey Racing in the bay area. When you order them you have to ask for the cutout for the sub belt, and it was an extra $25 or so. It's done the same way as the holes for the harneses, in that the hole has a plastic piece around it so the belt doesn't wear on the fabric. So they certainly match the rest of the seat, and don't at all look like an add-on. I have a pic at http://www.go-fast.org/z28/MyParts/roll1.jpg - you can see the general area, but if you want a close-up I'd have to run out and snap a pic.

SMOQ - they look nice, I think. But Corbeau is probably "middle of the line" in terms of quality. I've seen much worse, and I've seen better too.

Dave
Old 04-19-2003, 10:16 PM

rthf

I have a black set in my IROC with the lumbar options which are easily worth their $40? pricetag. The brackets included fit 98% good. One bolt hole required me to get out a drill motor and slightly "open and oval" the hole for a little less than 1/8" clearance. The sliders work good but don't overtighten the seats to the brackets or else the sliders won't engage 100% and you'll be sliding back and forth..haha

I bought a seat heating kit from Fast Toys like 2 years ago which I plan to have installed soon. That should make them better on cold top down nights

Like Dave said...They're "in the middle" as far as quality goes. They're MUCH better than most of the companies out there but for a little more money you could get some nicer Sparcos or Recaros. Sparco makes a nearly identical seat to the Carrera/RC-1 and suposedly it's more driver friendly. It still reclines but everyone says they are a little "not so tight"...hehe Goodluck!