Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Carbonfiber Hood Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:09 AM

Re: Carbonfiber Hood Pics

please post pics of the v6 you sold for 20 grand. then go slap the person who bought it.
I am sorry but that was funny..
Old 02-15-2006, 07:15 AM

just face it, you have an ugly piece of ****. and most of the people here (and elsewhere ) would probably love to see you run the thing into a pole so you and the car can burn to death.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:56 AM

whats the build number and can you please post a pic of the drivers side door jam and post a pic of the build plate please. becuse i dont believe this is a ss
Old 02-15-2006, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by WS6Extreme
I am sorry but that was funny..
lol any one who pays 28 grand for a v6 total is just plain stupid.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:42 PM

Aight guys, c'mon. Enough with the bashing. It's easy to do what everyone else does to a car and then circle jerk because your cars look the same. Obviously, oneslowz28 doesn't apply to this since he has a lot of stuff that people have never bought (sniper bodykit, black widow hood..). But, even speaking in terms of his car (do NOT take this offensively, as I'm one of the most open minded people to modding a car) the hood and bodykit would be bawked at on most websites, and he'd get flamed just as bad. It's just how it goes. People have a comfort level, some are more comfortable with things than others, and then there's some that are "purists" and can't stand any aftermarket mod on a car (IE: the thread in here asking if indiglo gauges are rice ) but flatout bashing this guy for doing what he wants to his car isn't cool. Constructive criticism is one thing, but being immature and making fun of his car or telling him to go drive into a pole... grow up and stay off the boards, that type of attitude doesn't belong on a community message board.

Personally, I'll admit, most of the stuff done to the car isn't even my style, and my car is 100% show and no go, but I still couldn't do spinners, celica headlights, supra taillights, etc. If it works for you, if you get awards or recognition and the quality of the work is good, amen to you buddy for having the ***** to do what YOU want to YOUR car. I get **** all the time on other sites because of how my car looks.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
Aight guys, c'mon. Enough with the bashing. It's easy to do what everyone else does to a car and then circle jerk because your cars look the same. Obviously, oneslowz28 doesn't apply to this since he has a lot of stuff that people have never bought (sniper bodykit, black widow hood..). But, even speaking in terms of his car (do NOT take this offensively, as I'm one of the most open minded people to modding a car) the hood and bodykit would be bawked at on most websites, and he'd get flamed just as bad. It's just how it goes. People have a comfort level, some are more comfortable with things than others, and then there's some that are "purists" and can't stand any aftermarket mod on a car (IE: the thread in here asking if indiglo gauges are rice ) but flatout bashing this guy for doing what he wants to his car isn't cool. Constructive criticism is one thing, but being immature and making fun of his car or telling him to go drive into a pole... grow up and stay off the boards, that type of attitude doesn't belong on a community message board.

Personally, I'll admit, most of the stuff done to the car isn't even my style, and my car is 100% show and no go, but I still couldn't do spinners, celica headlights, supra taillights, etc. If it works for you, if you get awards or recognition and the quality of the work is good, amen to you buddy for having the ***** to do what YOU want to YOUR car. I get **** all the time on other sites because of how my car looks.

I agree that there is no need to be mean about it, but your missing the point.
There are tasteful modifications and there are distasteful modifications.
There are also nice mods that work seperately, but not together.

A fourth gen camaro is a very difficult car to modify asthetically and what works on other cars (carbon hoods, ghetto bling 20" wheels, massive spoilers) definitally does not look good on them.

Kudos to anybody trying something new, but realize that once it's done, if it's ugly, people will call it ugly.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:22 PM

I just wanna see the link to the orange car...i promise i wont bash it...
Old 02-15-2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kredz28
I just wanna see the link to the orange car...i promise i wont bash it...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2258189
Old 02-15-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by PWRMAD95
I agree that there is no need to be mean about it, but your missing the point.
There are tasteful modifications and there are distasteful modifications.
There are also nice mods that work seperately, but not together.

A fourth gen camaro is a very difficult car to modify asthetically and what works on other cars (carbon hoods, ghetto bling 20" wheels, massive spoilers) definitally does not look good on them.

Kudos to anybody trying something new, but realize that once it's done, if it's ugly, people will call it ugly.
I'm not missing any point what so ever. Give your two cents in a constructive fashion, hell call it ugly. That's one thing. Telling him to go drive his car and himself off the edge of a cliff or into a pole, that's another and just plain immature. The fact that someone with a 9,000+ postcount is that immature, rude, and disrespectful to go tell someone to go burn himself just because that person doesn't agree with this guy's taste is insane, you'd think someone that has been on a message board long enough to get a 9000 postcount would act more mature. Apparently with the post count comes an elitist attitude.

Last edited by meissen; 02-15-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by RedHottG2
I was wanting a link to the orange camaro in the backround...the one with the spinners and lambo doors...
Old 02-15-2006, 07:11 PM

If you click his cardomain username it takes to his general profile, which then has a garage for the orange Camaro.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation

I gotta agree here fellas. It's his car and he's aparently proud of it. If you don't like it fine, to each his own but don't continualy put this guy down for his taste. Let's remember, Rice is how you act not what you drive.

TO THE THREAD STARTER: Do what you want. Some are going to like it and some are going to hate it. Bottom line is they don't drive/see/work on your car everyday. Ignore the personal attacks but kindly acknowledege the constructive critisim and leave it at that. Don't lose sleep or get worked up over others dislike of your style.

As a bodyman I would really like to see some pics of how you made celica lights work. I'm trying to picture it in my head and can't figure out how it would work. If you can do it as easy as you make it sound congrats and you've got a bright future. Good luck with the SS.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:13 PM

Remove the 20" emblems, and the 20's. 18 front 19 rear combo is about the most that can be pulled off on these cars and look decent. The hood is kind of iffy, i hope you'll paint it but then you might as well just left your SS hood on. It is your car and maybe i'm a little more conservative than some but get you some nice 18in wheels, paint the hood, lower it and you'll have a good looking SS again.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:16 PM

Oh please post up some pics of your headlight conversion. I'm sure i won't like the way it looks but i'm always amazed by what body men can do to a car.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:20 PM

sorry, too APC ricer for me.

Quick Reply: Carbonfiber Hood Pics