Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Camaro Bra question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 07:53 AM

Camaro Bra question

I was curious as to if anyone has put a bra on their 4th gen camaro. If so has there been any damage caused to the paint, or any other damage due to the bra? I have heard mixed reviews regarding whether to put a bra on or not and am curious as to what you guys have to say. Any help here would be great. Thanks!!
Old 05-30-2003, 04:59 PM

I've never seen any damage caused by one, the people who say they did leave the thing on and only take it off to clean it every 3 years and they're paint is protected so well it mismatches the rest of they're faded paint. I keeps dirt out really well, I think it looks pretty good on the car too, and it saves you from having to pick the bug guts off your bumper because you can wipe on some armor all onto the bra and the bugs literally brush off.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

I have used both a LeBra brand and Wolfe brand bra on a 4th gen. First off let me get this out of the way... LeBra sucks and don't waste your time/money with it. The Wolfe I have is much better and doesn't look "cheap" like the LeBra. No damage was ever done to my car because of the bra. I just took it off every few weeks or so and washed under there... no problems.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:42 PM

I used to have one (not on my Camaro) and I did not like it at all. Dirt always managed to find it's way between the bra and the car--which would have eventually caused tiny scratches. Maybe it was a cheap one, or maybe I didn't take it off and clean it enough.

I think if you go with the more expensive one like Brent was referring to and cleaned it often, you'd be okay. I do like the looks though and the protection they offer from chips and bug splats is always a plus.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:03 PM

IMO, I would not use it. Too many horror stories of paint being scratched and mismatch paint color. I say just salp on like 5 coats of was on the front and get it over with
Old 05-30-2003, 09:03 PM

As far as brands go i would have to reccomend Lebra, I don'y like the wolf because it's got that fabric trim all around, nylon straps and it sags and i think that looks like crap. I have the lebra which fits very well and looks very smooth because it has hidden seams and it clips on really nice.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:11 PM

I don't worry about the paint because i just use it ocassionally when bugs get really bad, or if I want a different look for the car, or if there's like a lot of road work going on and tar and rocks are being thrown all over. I was fortunate toget my lebr on this board for $35 I think it was, at one time I was going to sell it for $35 and this clown said he wanted it and then offered me $27 or something rediculous and I told him to get lost and now i'm glad i did. since it is nice to have
Old 05-31-2003, 01:34 AM

I have a Covercraft Bra on my 4th gen camaro. There hasn't been any damage to my paint. Just take the bra off when you wash the car, and make sure you wash the bra off with water too to get rid of the dirt on it. Covercraft front end covers look pretty nice. I like how they have a mesh net over the fog lights so rocks and stuff can't get in there, but light can still come out. Ive seen some brands that just have a hole there where dirt and stuff can still get in.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:37 AM

Oh yeah, from my experience, most people who put the car bras on their cars do so because the front end is messed up somewhat. Like on my car, i have at least 100 or so small chips in the paint from the previous owner. He must have lived on a gravel road or something, i have no idea, but i just decided to put the bra on to give the car a different look instead of paying alot to get it repainted.