Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Because all my friends are in the appearance section... I bring you... my new car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:41 PM

Because all my friends are in the appearance section... I bring you... my new car!

Whether you missed me or not, I'm back. Hi guys!

I've been really busy the past few months with personal issues, so I haven't had the time or interest to read or post here for quite some time. During that time, I lost a lot of Camaro enthusiasm that still isn't back, but I felt I needed to come back ASAP and let you all know I'm not dead, and show you all my new car!

I finally got rid of my Corolla, and actually got my #4 obtainable dream car: a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP! Technically, I was wanting a GTP (Supercharged V6) according to my affordability in my mind, but this GXP (LS4 V8) found me, and I fell in love!

It's loaded with so many options that I couldn't believe it. I saw it in person (exterior) about a week before buying it, and didn't really think about it. Heck, I didn't even look at it, I looked at a yellow 2002 Commemorate Edition Trans Am in the parking lot, which was the entire reason I stopped at the dealership--to gawk.

As my trip out of town approached, and my mom started mentioning having to rent yet another car to make the family trip North, she urged me to just go online and see how much that Grand Prix was at the dealership a mile or two from where I live. I did this at 3:00 a.m. on January 5th, I freaked out when I saw the price O_O, and I believe I had my savings cashed in and the keys in my hand by about 3 p.m. It was that good of a deal.

Some of the notable features, specs, and options are:
-LS4 5.3L V8, rated at, I believe 303 hp. (forgot to take a pic)
-Head-Up Display (I don't know how a person could live without one of these now that I have one!)

-All leather with suede inserts.

-Tap-shifters, an insanely cool computer system that includes instant fuel economy, g-force measurement, a lap timer (stopwatch), trans fluid temperature, etc., a 6-disc CD changer in-dash, and dual climate controls!

-true dual exhaust (none of that single muffler, dual-outlet stuff GM pulled on Camaros!)

-cross drilled brake rotors on all four wheels with red calipers

-sun and sound package, which includes sun roof and 9-speaker Monsoon sound system

and more! I still haven't learned everything, and my car didn't come with the original invoice paper stating the options, so I will have to look them up. From what I do know, the car is one of only 5,586 made this year, which represents one of 14,889 made during the entire product cycle. Not the rarest, but not too common!

I can't believe how beautiful the car is, or how much I enjoy it. Our Camaros may sound better than this car, but for usability and pure enjoyment, this car beats them for sure!

I really needed something I could drive anywhere and everywhere, and my old Corolla was causing me nothing but poor self esteem. The new car is on warranty, and that's going to protect me down the road for a few years while I am hopefully able to regain my savings.

And will I miss my old Corolla? You be the judge!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:54 PM

Those wheels could use an upgrade, but the car and the color are all good!

nice catch
Old 01-19-2009, 10:56 PM

nice car, I had no idea those GXPs are as nice as they are
Old 01-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Banned

Great looking car, man.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:35 AM

cool, i just got on 06 monte ss with the ls4 awhile back. they are suprisingly peppy. i'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by custom95
cool, i just got on 06 monte ss with the ls4 awhile back. they are suprisingly peppy. i'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Cool dude! I agree, I finally put the pedal to the metal yesterday and it felt ALMOST as good as our stock Z28. It's hard to beat the feeling and sound of a Camaro accelerating from 0 to 45.

I'm glad you still post here. I don't recognize many names here other than you and shock6906, so I'm glad I still have some friends around here.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:17 PM

i bought a grand prix last year, i like it, good on gas, roomy, nice ride. so far so good. mine is just the standard v6 though. nothing fancy.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:39 PM

The GXP is a little worse on gas sometimes I think than the Camaros. I'll know in a few months!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:20 PM

I like the wheels. All it needs is to be lowered about 1.5" and driven!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 PM

Congrats bro. nice upgrade for sure.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by 6Speed
I like the wheels. All it needs is to be lowered about 1.5" and driven!
I've been having to load it with a lot of luggage lately to make trips, so lowering it is no problem, in fact, it's free!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:31 AM

Is this the new Camaro they're talking about?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:49 PM

This would be a Grand Prix GXP
Old 01-25-2009, 09:01 PM

those are nice!
Old 01-27-2009, 12:42 AM

Very nice ride! The guys over at www.clubgp.com really know their stuff and it's a great group.

As for the wheels... I like them! Besides, they can be a huge pain to change. The fronts are wider than the rears to help eliminate torque steer (remember that when you rotate your tires).

Quick Reply: Because all my friends are in the appearance section... I bring you... my new car!