Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Anyone upgraded 93-97 Camaro to 98-02 nose?

Old 03-28-2003, 03:16 PM

Anyone upgraded 93-97 Camaro to 98-02 nose?

If so, what parts were involved? I know fenders, hood, nose, headlights, but what "hidden" parts or brackets were involved. Any part numbers would help. Also, any links or writeups would be appreciated. Thanks, Shawn
Old 03-28-2003, 09:56 PM

I did mine recently. It's really easy. Everything basically just bolts up. Yes, there are lots of little brackets you'll need. But they are not expensive at all new at your local dealer. I think it was around 100-150 worth of brackets. There are 3 brackets behind each headlight, 1 fiberglass part between the bumper cover and the hood latch support, 2 from the core support to the tops of the fenders and 2 or 3 where the bumper cover meets fender on each side. The easiest way to get all the brackets is to go to your dealer and have them pull up an exploded view of the front end, then point out what you need. Try to find used GM parts if you can. The cheap aftermarket parts don't fit right. I have used GM fenders and hood that fit perfectly and an aftermarket bumper cover that I'm not happy with how it fits.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:56 PM

http://store.yahoo.com/speedautomoti...o20cafren.html
Old 03-29-2003, 07:24 AM

Everything DOES bolt right up, but it's also a matter of what parts you get too...aftermarket...OEM...new...used. There's a lot to be said for lining everything up too. making sure the hood fits right...fenders fit right...lining everything up...making the gaps all the same...gaps where it meets the nose...the fenders...The angle of the hood. I could go on...Basically...if you've NEVER done any type of body work EVER...it's going to be a challenge, but definitely do-able. Not all the hard at all. It's just not as simple as bolting everything up though if you are any type of perfectionist. I wanted mine to look like it just came from the factory. I didn't have any previous experience with body work though...so I may have taken longer than most people. Definitely give it a shot though! I'm planning on putting up a conversion website up in a few weeks with all the part numbers for the brackets and such if you wanna check back.

-Mike
Old 04-02-2003, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by iamsparc
Everything DOES bolt right up, but it's also a matter of what parts you get too...aftermarket...OEM...new...used. There's a lot to be said for lining everything up too. making sure the hood fits right...fenders fit right...lining everything up...making the gaps all the same...gaps where it meets the nose...the fenders...The angle of the hood. I could go on...Basically...if you've NEVER done any type of body work EVER...it's going to be a challenge, but definitely do-able. Not all the hard at all. It's just not as simple as bolting everything up though if you are any type of perfectionist. I wanted mine to look like it just came from the factory. I didn't have any previous experience with body work though...so I may have taken longer than most people. Definitely give it a shot though! I'm planning on putting up a conversion website up in a few weeks with all the part numbers for the brackets and such if you wanna check back.

-Mike
yes mike that would be a great help could you post it sooner because im ready now to do the coversion on my 96 z28 and i have a gm dealer in nj thats has the parts but i want to know what i need just in case i miss something and 1 other ? do you need a core support or can i use the stock support thanks chas p.s if you dont want to post the parts you needed can you email me personaly as to the parts so i can for sure tell the gm guy what i need thanks again for your help my email is chasmanz28@comcast.net

Last edited by chasmanz28; 04-02-2003 at 07:07 PM.