Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Anyone have this quad setup??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 03:23 PM

Anyone have this quad setup??

http://www.dgmotorsports.com/process...&ProcessType=1
Old 11-02-2004, 03:51 PM

Re: Anyone have this quad setup??

The best addition you can EVER buy. The fog lights are brighter than my brights. It's the best looking grill for the LT1 frontend.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation

The best addition you can EVER buy. The fog lights are brighter than my brights. It's the best looking grill for the LT1 frontend.
I have the fiberglass version, just need to paint it and install. The Catz brand lights used in the kit a great.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:00 PM

I have them and couldn't be without them. As stated above, they are brighter then high beams and fill the front end nicely.

J
Old 11-02-2004, 09:06 PM

That's great. Did you get the kit from DG? I think that they say that it is unique to them. How hard was the install?? I am leaning towards that setup right now,since all the others have to have some sort of fabrication.Let me know any info on the install.Anyone have any night pics???
Old 11-02-2004, 09:09 PM

meissenation,
is yours painted??? Or is that the way that it came. I see they also have a carbon fiber.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:05 PM

I guess my pictures don't show it clear enough -- mine is in carbon fiber. I actually got mine from a buddy in California, but he originally bought it from DG. All in all, installation should only take like 20 minutes, but I would recommend knowing how to solder. I originally had quick connect/disconnect plugs, but they got wet and hot and corroded and what not, so I cut the plugs off and soldered them together, haven't had a problem since. If you're in an area like me that gets all sorts of weather problems, rain salt snow, etc, I'd recommend really taping them up too... I went so far as to use automotive silicone sealant and coated the connections once they were secure because not only does it work as an insulator so they don't short, but it also glues/protects/etc. As for installing it to the car, you do unfortunately have to drill two holes.. one for each side, but that's it. If you like the looks of them, trust me you can't go wrong with these.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:08 PM

http://camaro.meissenation.com/5_04.html There's my page dedicated to pictures of the grill -- hope that shows and gives you a better idea of how well it looks. I also have some night time pictures there, you can see in some of those pics how freakin bright the fog lights are.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
http://camaro.meissenation.com/5_04.html There's my page dedicated to pictures of the grill -- hope that shows and gives you a better idea of how well it looks. I also have some night time pictures there, you can see in some of those pics how freakin bright the fog lights are.
I could reaaly tell that it was carbon fiber in those pics.Man,they are bright.Electrical work is one of my things,so soldering won't be a problem.Thanks,it's appreciated.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:34 PM

yeah, I mean http://camaro.meissenation.com/grill19.jpg is with the sun beating directly onto the grill, with the fog lights on and the fog lights STILL look bright in the sun.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:27 PM

How easy is this too hook up. I mean how do you hook this up?? Do you have to run wires or ???. Also is this paintable to match your cars color???
Old 11-06-2004, 09:31 PM

well to hook it up, this is what I did (the second time around.. lol)

First, you have to entirely remove the foglight bracket, which is just a matter of some screws and what not (if I remember correctly did this awhile ago..) and unplug the fog light housings. Take some wire cutters and snip the plug off, then you got two wires... strip a lil off each, tin them with the solder, and then take the connections from the grill, strip them, tin, and solder together. There's more to it than that, but not much, and I can't fully remember off the top of my head.

Painting over a carbon fiber grill? If you get the fiberglass one, sure, but don't paint over the carbon fiber.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:13 PM

I'm surprised I never saw your camaro around here. I live very close to you. I'm at 16 mile road and jefferson. Cruise Gratiot almost every weekend.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:09 AM

well originally I'm from 25 Mile and Shelby Rds, Shelby Township. I've cruised Gratiot once and haven't been able to make it back there since. Now I live at 18 and Ryan Rd, so a bit closer, but again not cruisin around much.

I was in the huge Camaro cruise down Woodward during the DreamCruise at 9am on Saturday morning though.