Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

anyone have any pics of...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:01 PM

anyone have any pics of...

a 4th gen camaro with the RKSport™ - 3-Piece Rear Spoiler on it? looks interesting from the photo the online store showed, but i just want to see what it looks like from different angles.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:44 PM

Here is ours

Name:  100_4371.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  106.5 KB

Name:  100_4380.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  122.3 KB
Old 04-09-2010, 05:44 PM

There's a couple similar ones to that one. I personally think that one's a bit large. I've never taken the time to figure out which one I like best...

Not sure which one this is, but I took this picture last weekend. This one was one piece instead of 3.
Name:  IMG_0666.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  215.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0703.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  150.7 KB
Old 04-10-2010, 01:21 AM

thanks for the pics, helps alot to see them from a different angle (especially from the rear). Dont think i want ones quite that big..looking more for a range of 2-3".. just something to modify the look a little more without making it stand out too much. Also, bowtie, nice looking camaro.. like the paint color.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:23 AM

here's the one pic of the one i was looking at..
http://www.lmperformance.com/1047/2.html
.. the only thing i'm wondering about it is how much it sticks out the rear.. on the 2nd picture brang posted i don't like how long it sticks out the rear.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:37 AM

That one is really similar to the RS spoiler. Maybe someone who owns an RS can post a similar pic at the same angle.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by summers_Z28
here's the one pic of the one i was looking at..
http://www.lmperformance.com/1047/2.html
.. the only thing i'm wondering about it is how much it sticks out the rear.. on the 2nd picture brang posted i don't like how long it sticks out the rear.
That is really similar to the RS lip spoiler, like Brangeta said. And damn, that's a lot of money for that little piece of urethane.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:30 PM

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...=606435&page=5
Check post #75 on this page. This is my car with the RK Sport "short" spoiler. I can get you some more pics if you need better looks at it.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:32 AM

Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 AM

That RK Sport one appears like it doesn't have as much flat area as the RS one. Also, it appears like it sticks out the proper amount from the back. I actually like that one a lot. It's a shame it costs two times more than I think it's probably worth!

Jasonface, I'd like to see more pics. Particularly one where you are standing directly behind the car. Preferably with the camera about 4 feet off the ground, so squat!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:48 PM

I think I would really love one of those three piece spoilers (RK, RS, or the Freedom) if someone would mold one into the car. The cars flow so well until you get to the spoiler. Looks way too much like an aftermarket add on IMO.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:05 PM

Jasonface, nice looking camaro. One of the best i've seen with that hood on it.. is it functional? Also, thanks for that pic, helps alot with my decision.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:11 PM

btw.. what headlights are those jason?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Jasonface, I'd like to see more pics. Particularly one where you are standing directly behind the car. Preferably with the camera about 4 feet off the ground, so squat!
I'll get some more pics, but it will be a week or so. I just ordered a new Opti, and the car is sitting on jackstands in my garage. Trying to diagnose a strange ignition miss, I think it's the Accel Opti

Jasonface, nice looking camaro. One of the best i've seen with that hood on it.. is it functional? Also, thanks for that pic, helps alot with my decision.
Nope, the hood is not functional YET, although the nostril openings are "open". I Installed the hood with the motor out of it, and I had a WS6 box to use with it. Unfortunately, the hood under-structure doesn't allow enough room to use that box, I would have to use a SS type box. I don't like the SS style box (besides, my N2O solenoids are mounted on top of the intake, and would hit the SS box, as would my shock tower brace), so I'm going to fabricate a box that will mount on top of the radiator and feed straight down and into the TB

btw.. what headlights are those jason?
The headlights and fogs are Piaa, don't recall the model # but they're pretty easy to find. They work much better than the stock headlights (what wouldn't?) but I think I may try to do a HID projector retrofit into it. It was a simple matter to mount those in there, I used the Piaa brackets supplied with the lights and mounted them using a single stainless bolt and nylock nut through the top of the support above each of the lights. L-R aiming is accomplished using that single bolt as a "pivot", and for up-down you just adjust the light brackets on the sides of the lamps. The fogs required a fabbed bracket, again it was pretty easy. Just had to bend a piece of 1"x1/8" bar stock and drill a couple of holes
Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
That RK Sport one appears like it doesn't have as much flat area as the RS one. Also, it appears like it sticks out the proper amount from the back. I actually like that one a lot. It's a shame it costs two times more than I think it's probably worth!

Well, it's still in the garage (where the hell is the opti I ordered?) but here's a pic anyways. Excuse the clutter, I have a 3-car garage, and about 5 cars worth of crap stuffing it

Name:  camspoiler.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  48.8 KB

Quick Reply: anyone have any pics of...