Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Another exhaust tip thread (Trans Am guys inside)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 06:56 PM

Talking Another exhaust tip thread (Trans Am guys inside)

I'm looking for some tips for the T/A and I want some that look good, so show me what you got please.

I'm leaning towards the Corsa tips right now, but I wanna see what else is out there.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by SVT03
I had "Bullet" tips on my 95 TA. They were 3.5" diameter single wall stainless steel straight cut tips. Local exhaust shop ordered them for me. Sorry, no pics. They said Bullet on them, that is why I called them that, not Bullet from a Mustang or anything.
I don't think I've ever heard of them I've heard of bullet mufflers, but not the tips. I wish I had a visual though, lol.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:02 PM

are you looking for a dual tip or single outlet tip? i personally like duals better. most of the best catbacks come w/ duals like borla, corsa, and b&b. i have b&b tips on my firebird and i'm in love w/ them. http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...63_83_full.jpg i've heard mixed things about them fitting the trans am bumper, but even if they do, good luck finding a set. i got lucky and got mine off ebay. if you have the money for corsa i'd get those. if i never got mine i was going to get the corsa's for a future car. now since i have mine i'm keeping them if i get a new catback or a new car.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:39 AM

I have the same dilemma. I would love to have the Corsa tips or in fact, the whole exhaust b/c I like the dual look better. But, I just got a hell of a deal on a Magnaflow catback, which comes with single tips. It should arrive today or Monday and I will get some pics if interested. I will probably switch over to dual/dual's but we'll see.........
Old 04-30-2004, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by CscottsSS
I have the same dilemma. I would love to have the Corsa tips or in fact, the whole exhaust b/c I like the dual look better. But, I just got a hell of a deal on a Magnaflow catback, which comes with single tips. It should arrive today or Monday and I will get some pics if interested. I will probably switch over to dual/dual's but we'll see.........
Yeah man post up pics if you don't mind!

Predatorbird Hey man I do like the dual tip look alot better and those look sweeeeeeeeet on your car. Do they come in just the tips or is it the whole catback because I already have the perfect exhaust picked out for my car the only thing I lack like a say is the tips lol. Now I am leaning more towards the b&b tips

Now does anyone know if they'll fit in a Trans Am bumper lol
Old 04-30-2004, 08:14 PM

Here are my Lawson Inc. Tips.. I love them, and they are resonated.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:28 PM

What the heck is an "intercooled" tip like borla claims?

Also, what's a resonated tip? Sounds like Honda stuff. :lmao:
Old 04-30-2004, 08:31 PM

A resonated tip is designed to reduce rasp. You claim it sounds like Honda crap however EVERY bullet muffler that is on any American sports car is "resonated" to reduce the rasp of the exhaust.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:28 PM

Originally posted by WS6Extreme
A resonated tip is designed to reduce rasp. You claim it sounds like Honda crap however EVERY bullet muffler that is on any American sports car is "resonated" to reduce the rasp of the exhaust.
Is resonated the same as intercooled? When I said "sounds", I meant the word itself and not the actual exhaust note BTW.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:50 PM

Sorry I think I might have miss interpreted that...

I believe that the "intercooler" tips also change the tone of the exhaust to reduce rasp as well.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:34 AM

i have b&b aswell, but i thought the impala ones looked alot better, check em out: http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...4_111_full.jpg
Old 05-01-2004, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by gunter96ws6
i have b&b aswell, but i thought the impala ones looked alot better, check em out: http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...4_111_full.jpg
So the b&b fit in the Trans Am bumper? Do you have any pics of it man? I think I seen a T/A just like mine with the impala tips and it does look badass, but I'm wanting the dual tip look more. I have some single tip ones on mine right now from an LS1. They're just getting old and I want something different.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:26 PM

i posted a pic in my last post thats the only one i have, i got them put on yesterday~gunter,
Old 05-01-2004, 01:54 PM

those are the single outlet tips right gunter96ws6? have you thought aboutthe mecham tips suncoast? thy're not a dual/dual but they fill out the bumper real nice. http://www.mechamperformance.com/d_images/rtarear2L.jpg
Old 05-01-2004, 03:07 PM

yeah i have the single outlet, i narrowed it donw between the ones i have and the mecham, and i got these cheaper so i got htese, i am very happy withj my decission~gunter

Quick Reply: Another exhaust tip thread (Trans Am guys inside)