Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Alright! Wife got me an SLP Grille for V-Day! Now how do I get the other one off?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 07:01 PM

Alright! Wife got me an SLP Grille for V-Day! Now how do I get the other one off?

Any suggestions?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:32 PM

Re: Alright! Wife got me an SLP Grille for V-Day! Now how do I get the other one of

pull hard
Old 02-14-2005, 09:08 PM

Re: Alright! Wife got me an SLP Grille for V-Day! Now how do I get the other one of

Originally Posted by SSactionLs1
pull hard
That always works!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:26 AM

Re: Alright! Wife got me an SLP Grille for V-Day! Now how do I get the other one off?

u pretty much just need to rip the old grille off. take a deep breath and pull.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:15 AM

Re: Alright! Wife got me an SLP Grille for V-Day! Now how do I get the other one off?

I hear all these peopel talk of yanking their grills off and breaking them and such...

I pulled the right side then the left, then the bottom pieces they jsut come out...

now the other ones are a little harder, I just reached unser and with 2 fingers pulled on it hard till each little snapp came out.

I am pretty confident my old grill can still be slapped on and didn't break anything(well some fo the parts that hold the grill in place. but not too bad.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:24 AM

here is a vid on a way to do it and likely mess up your stock grill...

http://redlinevsix.dan-mcw.com/Meeti...-%20Cassie.wmv

P.S. its worth watching
Old 02-15-2005, 09:49 PM

Just be forewarned, if you have the license plate bracket riveted to the grill, it is also rivited THROUGH your bumber. I put in my SLP grill, and almost made the mistake of trying to rip out the old one. And I will tell you that if you do have the bracket on, then you also have to take the whole bumber off to remove the rivets.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:01 PM

I dont know why you would even care about breaking the old grille, it looks like total crap, I think it is by far the most hideous part on the car. I would rip it off as fast and hard as possible and place it gently in the trash can.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Schmidt519
I dont know why you would even care about breaking the old grille, it looks like total crap, I think it is by far the most hideous part on the car. I would rip it off as fast and hard as possible and place it gently in the trash can.

resale... put it back to stock... something... Its not like it I still got mine off in one piece in less then 5 min with no tools.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by MustangEater82
resale... put it back to stock... something... Its not like it I still got mine off in one piece in less then 5 min with no tools.
No one would ever buy a used stock grille from someone, I don't think someone would even take it for free. And again why would you ever put it back on your car. Put it where it belongs, in the trash.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Schmidt519
No one would ever buy a used stock grille from someone, I don't think someone would even take it for free. And again why would you ever put it back on your car. Put it where it belongs, in the trash.
I dont think he meant the grill itself, he meant the entire cars resale value. Unaltered cars are more appealing to most buyers which in turn equals a higher resale value. Chances are if even if a buyer thinks that grill is ugly, theyd rather have the liberty of being able to decide for themselves whether or not it remains on the car.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:49 AM

Good point Joelius. Maybe it's just my age, but if I'm looking at a used sports car like a Camaro, and it's got a lot of aftermarket stuff on it, I hesitate to even look further because there's a good possibility that it was driven hard. I keep all my stock pieces to go back into the car for re-sale simply for that reason; so I too would avoid just ripping it off and throwing it away. But that's just my opinion.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:06 AM

LOL that video reminds me of "detail day" at my house. When all the regulars show up there's 8-10 cars in my driveway and up to 4 in my garage. I have a central vac on each side of the garage (it's too big for just 1, the hose doesn't reach to the opposite side of my cars), a variety of soaps & waxes, all the tools you could ever want, TV, dvd, vcr & surround sound, and a fridge. Saturdays are always a blast at my house when everyone starts comin by when the weather is nice.