Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Again those vertical (lambo) doors (practical instructions needed, no flame please)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:22 AM

Location: cold nordic country where icebears are walking on the streets
Unhappy Again those vertical (lambo) doors (practical instructions needed, no flame please)

Yes, yes and yes - I know there have been a lot of topics about these doors before and always there is a lot of discussion about likes and dislikes.

This time, really please comment only if you have installed them yourself or been near to installation process. Your opinion if you like or hate this mod is not helping or interesting me at all. Thank you!

The deal is - I'm currently installing a set of hinges from Vertical Doors, Inc. The set costs around $1400-$2000 depending on retailer, so its not the cheapest and crappiest kit IMHO.

Right now I'm working on a driver side door, I have already installed one kit, but I'm not satisfied. The door feels loose and its pain to close it correctly. You see, I have installed it myself and even I have troubles to closing the door, I cant imagine how unaware passenger would be able to close the door smoothly. I heard before that those doors are more for showcars only but I was not aware they are SO complicated. The door is sometimes a little bit lower or a little bit higher than needed, but just before closing it needs to be in very exact and straight position, this is something most fine factory hinges are and mine are not

Please don't tell me to go for professional installer, I'm not a total novice and in my town - there are probably no one who has done it before.

My question is - is there anyone here who has (ever had) vertical doors and is actually satisfied with the way the doors close? Or do you know someone in person who is happy with his doors?

Thank you!
Rasmus
Old 05-13-2007, 11:09 AM

At the shop i worked for i did some on an 05 f150 and it waas horrible. I believe it was the same company and they claimed to be bolt on. we had to gut the fenders to the point of being like paper, the doors were so heavy they were hard as hell to close, the hinges never alligned 100 %, the gas strut went out within 2 months. For a show car or a car with light doors they are fine, but wiht a car with heavy doors like the f150 and fbodies, i refuse to ever do another set. Done them on scion tc's and 350 z with no problems
Old 05-18-2007, 10:28 AM

dang i have a lambo door kit under my bed collecting dust and i want to put them on so bad =0(
this is what i have

Last edited by SinisterSix; 05-18-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:25 AM

You might need stronger struts for the door. I know some people accidently get struts that aren't made for the weight of the door. Contact Verticle Doors and ask them about the struts.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:53 PM

do you have the kit like the one i posted?? a guy told me to use 3 shocks on each door
Old 06-06-2007, 05:26 PM

Location: cold nordic country where icebears are walking on the streets
No, my hinges are different, and they have 1 shock per hinge.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM

My friend has a WS6 with the lambo doors . He has a little trouble
with opening and closing them . But in general they are nice and different

Old 06-07-2007, 04:27 PM

i did my doors with a kit that didnt even bolt on at all. Mine are one stock per hinge. The also open up as far stock and you dont have to put them up. Its all in the adjustments. my doors are still sometimes hard to close and open. For the most part make sure the adjustment screw is set so the door doesnt hit the striker bar. I have done alot of Verdcal door inc kits. it take a little time to get them right but they work great. My doors still need alittle more. i also had to put a few washers in some places inbetween the car and the hinge to space it out. I have tons of pics and if you need any help feel free to hit me up.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by blackz151
i did my doors with a kit that didnt even bolt on at all. Mine are one stock per hinge. The also open up as far stock and you dont have to put them up. Its all in the adjustments. my doors are still sometimes hard to close and open. For the most part make sure the adjustment screw is set so the door doesnt hit the striker bar. I have done alot of Verdcal door inc kits. it take a little time to get them right but they work great. My doors still need alittle more. i also had to put a few washers in some places inbetween the car and the hinge to space it out. I have tons of pics and if you need any help feel free to hit me up.
hey post them!!!!!!!!!!!! PLZ!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:22 PM

i did a set on a new monte carlo. we gutted the fender trim so we had to cut out the center alignment spot so the fenders fit like hell. most the time when u tried to close the door it would hit the striker uneven. so the way we adjusted it was dropping it with no pressure just as easy as we could to the bottom then close the door with just enough pressure to make it latch smoothly. as long as you pull straight the door closes fine but if you put any downward or upward pressure while pulling it will just slam the striker. also while the doors were up they felt like a good wind could knock them off even though they were secured to the hinges. not sure if this would matter on a f-body or now but when the doors are all the way up if you try to pull them out it would nearly rip the fender off, you had to keep them semi-tucked in.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

There is only one question I have about these kits.

How do women react when they see that your doors swing up?
Old 06-20-2007, 07:31 AM

it goes a little somting like this
Old 06-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by blackz151
it goes a little somting like this
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:15 PM

they didnt have smilies for what happens next but they do the job lol