Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Aftermarket taillights

Old 11-24-2002, 04:32 PM

Aftermarket taillights

OK, I know I am inviting some folks who haven't had their medication with this thread. Try and be constructive, please...
I bought these lights and put them on a month ago. At first I didnt like them at all. Now I have grown accustomed to them, and get lots of compliments and comments (not only from Ricers).

They are starting to grow on me. Take a look and tell me, constructively, what you think...

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=253698&page=2

Old 11-24-2002, 05:34 PM

I think your car is awesome . Personally I feel the tail lights are almost 'too much'. I kept focusing on your tail lights. If you wanted tail lights like those, I personally would go with these (the bottom right ones-crystal carbon fiber)
http://www.customautotrim.com/tail-l...ghts-93-96.htm

But, your car still looks great, that's just my personal opinion.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the advice. I DO like the ones you linked me to. They are darker CF, looked like they would blend real well with black.

Appreciate your opinion...

D
Old 11-24-2002, 06:09 PM

I personally like the lights. At first I HATED the clear tail lights but they have slowly grown on me. I think I'll be picking up a pair for my Z too. I like both of the models posted here so far. I also need clear corners and side markers if I'm gonna do the tails....

Mike
Old 11-24-2002, 06:34 PM

Even when I was REALLY iffy about them in the beginning, I still LOVED them @ night! The round lights really make a Z look fresh from behind... I need clear sides and corners. Anyone know a good place with fair deals. I ordered some corners from ebay and they sent me the wrong year
Old 11-24-2002, 06:35 PM

Ahh, they're alright. Not something I personaly would do - The carbon fiber ones I think would look a lot better.

EDIT: Get some blackouts and they will still be round w/o the hideous look in the day time
Old 11-24-2002, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by ibanez6rg
Ahh, they're alright. Not something I personaly would do - The carbon fiber ones I think would look a lot better.

EDIT: Get some blackouts and they will still be round w/o the hideous look in the day time
vve12d
Old 11-24-2002, 06:49 PM

Actually they are Carbon Fiber, just look more grey than black. And thats EXACTLY what I have been thinking of doing...throwing some blackouts on to keep the shapes, but dump the clear plastic look. All I wanted wasa more stealth look on a black car. Can ya blame me?! Too many episodes of Night Rider I guess
Old 11-24-2002, 06:52 PM

White 30...Your Camaro looks fresh. Crazy hood! Where did you get your blackouts?
Old 11-24-2002, 07:05 PM

Here's a couple places where you can get clear corners and sides:
-cheapest for front clears I found:
http://www.procarparts.com/store/dis...id=93CAMRO-CBL
-cheapest for side/rear clears:
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/clearrearsid.html

**The only thing is the rear's were diamond clears, and the fronts were not. Might want to buy front and rear from www.afterthoughtsauto.com so they all match.

--I also found these altezza lights ( these would look nice on your car)
http://www.procarparts.com/store/dis...RO-9302-ALZ-CF
Old 11-24-2002, 07:50 PM

Pro Car Parts is where I bought the wrong ones! THey took them back and said they dont have them for a 2002! The 93-02 CHEVY CAMARO CLEAR FRONT SIGNAL LIGHTS are really like 93-98's
Old 11-24-2002, 08:12 PM

Thumbs up

I honestly like the way they look, im not a real fan of the chromed or really clear ones, but i do like the smoked and carbon fiber ones, i plan on adding a set of the carbon fiber altezza lights to my black camaro, i think it will look good but i know there are alot of people out there that think they are ricey, but like i said, i like the smoked and carbon ones..
Old 11-24-2002, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by Black@sNight
White 30...Your Camaro looks fresh. Crazy hood! Where did you get your blackouts?
Thanx for the props. The hood isnt painted yet, so thats why its black in case you are wondering. Those aren't blackouts, I acually painted all of my rear lights with black spraypaint. It took a little bit of sanding and respraying to get it right, but now they look perfect and shine way better than normal blackout lenses.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:45 AM

Well, I have the Gen I Carbon-fiber taillights on my Camaro (the ones that were posted above by Erik 94TransAm). I have pics of them in my sig...they look a little lighter/gray because the sun was shining directly on them when I took the pictures.

While I like these lights a whole lot better than my stock taillights, I do get a lot of flack from having them. But, oh well. I really would like to get the Gen III ones, http://www.procarparts.com/store/dis...RO-9302-ALZ-CF , but I just don't know if I want to spend MORE money on taillights, heh.

Last edited by Mandrake; 11-25-2002 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:48 AM

Well....I did it. I just bought a pair of the lights from Pro Car Parts. This is what happens when I don't work until later. I go on the computer and buy stuff for the Z. I think I need a 12 step program...and a way to get RID of this credit card. Oh well, the lights are nice, no regrets (until the bill gets here....).

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket taillights