Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Aftermarket Replacement for Factory Driving Lights???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 07:24 PM
Banned

Exclamation Aftermarket Replacement for Factory Driving Lights???

Like every other Camaro owner out there, I'm sick of replacing Driving Light bulbs every other Tuesday!!!

I figure certainly someone out there must have already solved this problem by offering a direct bolt-on replacement for the factory lights???

Anyone??? Even home-grown fixes would help!

Cheers,
Scott
Old 10-03-2002, 08:03 PM

My Driving Light Bulbs went out and I never replaced it.
Its not like its illegal to keep it like that.
But if there is a good way to make it last, I want to try it.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:25 PM

Question ????

OK are you talking about the corner lights or fog lights i'm
Old 10-04-2002, 10:09 AM
Banned

Re: ????

Originally posted by AW/whiteZ-28
OK are you talking about the corner lights or fog lights i'm
I guess it depends on what part of the country you're in or from as to what the lights are called!!!

I'm talking Fog Lights here... I call them driving lights because I mainly use them during the day, for visibility for other drivers, not for lighting. I don't know if you've ever tried to drive at night on only the 'Fog' lights, but they just don't make much light!!!

But the car looks nice with only the marker lights (corner lights, yellow lights, pick your name!) and the Driving/Fog lights on, so I would really like to find a more permanent solution.
Old 10-04-2002, 10:50 AM

Red face

ok just go to your local auto parts store and buy some h4 fog light housing's and mount those i'll post a link of what they should look like when i find some
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jht...179828&BQ=jcw2

look on the bottom of the picture on the left those 2 should fit ok
but check a auto zone or biglots or pep boys first they might be cheaper and you wont have to pay shipping

Last edited by AW/whiteZ-28; 10-04-2002 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:29 AM

Hey Scott,
I used these pilot lights. I bought them at Advance for like $35 and I LOVE them. They are super super bright, they are actaully a driving light, not a fog light (that Pilot site has a comparison somewhere)...they run H3 Xenon White bulbs, and they are very bright white. If you are interested, let me know (e-mail me or IM me) and I will give you some instructions, pics, etc. Very easy install (once you know what to do)
Let me know if interested though...later.

Edit: These actually "look" brighter than my h/l's when you just look at them (I am running Xenon White h/l's too), but because the h/l pattern is different of course they light up the road more, so that should let you know how bright these babies are...you can actually drive with them though.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
Hey Scott,
I used these pilot lights. I bought them at Advance for like $35 and I LOVE them. They are super super bright, they are actaully a driving light, not a fog light (that Pilot site has a comparison somewhere)...they run H3 Xenon White bulbs, and they are very bright white. If you are interested, let me know (e-mail me or IM me) and I will give you some instructions, pics, etc. Very easy install (once you know what to do)
Let me know if interested though...later.

Edit: These actually "look" brighter than my h/l's when you just look at them (I am running Xenon White h/l's too), but because the h/l pattern is different of course they light up the road more, so that should let you know how bright these babies are...you can actually drive with them though.
The picture shows a remote witht them??? Ssswwweeeeet! I'll check out Pep Boys this afternoon!
Old 10-05-2002, 02:01 AM

I had the piaa platinum 1700x, very, very, very, nice light, $200 though. White with a slight bluish tint. They looked really good untill some punk stole them.
Old 10-05-2002, 04:26 PM
Banned

I found a set of Pilot lights at Autozone today that are very very close to the same size as the stock lights... I bought the hyperwhite bulbs for them, they are 55watts each... It looks like I should be able to use the stock light mounts with some minor 'fabrication'...

I'll post how it goes as well as a picture or two.

The whole ball of wax was less than $30.