Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

93-97 M6 Shift Console repair

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 09:28 PM

93-97 M6 Shift Console repair

Ok, like many, I assume, the plastic frame holding my shift boot in place was broken. Attempts to glue it weren't successful. Growing tired of the boot not being held in place, I searched for a solution. I found the following frame offered on eBay. Link to the part is found at the end of this post.

The seller shipped the part immediately via USPS.

Here are pictures of my shift console and shift boot.

As you can see both are in decent shape, except for the plastic frame that goes inside the console. I had already removed it before the picture was taken.

The following picture is a test fit of the new frame inside the console.

The shift boot is then put on the frame and the frame is installed into the shift console from the top. Be sure to pull the ends of the boot over the frame, meaning, wrap the ends of the boot around the frame.

The frame is made of good, strong steel and fits very nicely. I thought the tabs on the frame would bend over the opening of the console but this isn't necessary and would actually be kind of hard as it is difficult to bend.

Following are two pictures of my completed installation.

All that was left was to install the repaired console into the car. It looks much better.

Here is the link to the eBay page with the frame.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320756080546?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Disclaimer: I do not make or sell the product mentioned above. I have not received any compensation for this article. This is not an advertisement.

Last edited by KYWes; 11-28-2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: deleted unnecessary sentence
Old 11-21-2016, 05:55 AM

Re: 93-97 M6 Shift Console repair

Recently I learned that Hawks Third Gen has the OE reproduction plastic ring available. Check out their web site for more information.
93-96 Camaro 6 Speed Shifter Shift Boot Ring, New Reproduction - Hawks Third Generation