3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Are there fuses for fuel injectors??

Old 08-05-2003, 09:37 PM

Are there fuses for fuel injectors??

I had my Camaro sitting for about five years, driving it about twice a year and putting Sta-bil fuel treatment in it when I did store it. Now I have more time for my Camaro and it really runs like crap. I checked the fuel injectors, and all four on the passenger side are clogged. I was talking to a friend of mine and he told me that there are right and left hand side fuses for the right and left hand injectors on the motor. I havent heard of this and dont know where the fuses would be. Has anyone out there heard or know where these fuses are?

Oh, I changed the fuel filter and checked my fuel pressure and it was a steady 47psi all the way through the power band. So I dont know whats up??

Any ideas??
Old 08-05-2003, 09:46 PM

There are 2 fuses in the fuse box under the dash labeled INJ-1 and INJ-2. One for each bank of injectors.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:51 PM

Originally posted by TheGreatJ
There are 2 fuses in the fuse box under the dash labeled INJ-1 and INJ-2. One for each bank of injectors.
Just went out and checked them and there both good...Damn! Would have been nice just to be a .50 fix. Are there any fuses for it under the hood or a relay that could have gone bad??

I also tried running some fuel injector cleaner through it with no luck. Think its just fluke thing that all of my pass injectors are shot or do you think its something else?

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:11 PM

You may have a broken wire somewhere or something. I'd say it's a little TOO convenient that it's all the pass. side and none of the drivers side.

AFAIK there are no other fuses or relays....the injectors get power through the fuses you checked and the computer sends them a ground pulse signal to open/close them.

Go to the parts store and get a set of 'noid lights. You may be able to borrow them, but if not they aren't too expensive. Plug one into an injector connector on the bad side and crank it up. If the light flashes, you're getting the injector pulse and your injectors are just plain clogged. If it doesn't flash, you probably have a wiring issue.