CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/3rd-gen-l98-engine-tech-20/)
-   -   Hotchkis SFCs (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/3rd-gen-l98-engine-tech-20/hotchkis-sfcs-281242/)

V8Rumble 07-12-2004 03:26 PM

Hotchkis SFCs

Hey guys, just wanted to find out if anyone had any experience w/ Hotchkis SFCs or not. Are they better, worse, or about the same as most of the others? :confused:

Thanks!:thumb:

87DJP2001 07-12-2004 04:01 PM

Just my opinion I went Spohn Performance for SFC's, Rear LCA's and Panhard Bar just so I would know everything would fit. Very good Quality on all the tube type pars. For your info I do have a Hotchkis STB, which I also like.:D

Zepher 07-12-2004 05:31 PM

I'll let you know in a couple of months how the Hotchkis ones are. I've got a set ready to put on, but I need to finish the car first.

V8Rumble 07-12-2004 07:02 PM

Originally posted by 87DJP2001
Just my opinion I went Spohn Performance for SFC's, Rear LCA's and Panhard Bar just so I would know everything would fit. Very good Quality on all the tube type pars. For your info I do have a Hotchkis STB, which I also like.:D
Thanks for the responses guys. I'd love to go w/ the Spohn parts (have heard good things about them), but I don't think that Summit carries that brand, & I've got $100 in Summit gift certificates that I need to use... ;)

Zepher - have you crawled under your car & "test fitted" them? If so, did you notice anything good/bad??

Anyone else have any actual experience with them?? :)

Thanks!

Wishmaster 07-12-2004 09:37 PM

I used to have a set but I had to sell them cause they would not fit with on the passenger side because of my header Y-pipe. so I just went with a set of MAC's....in due time I'll also get a set of Spohn's..

V8Rumble 07-13-2004 09:58 PM

Originally posted by Wishmaster
I used to have a set but I had to sell them cause they would not fit with on the passenger side because of my header Y-pipe. so I just went with a set of MAC's....in due time I'll also get a set of Spohn's..
:mad: :mad: :mad:

CRAP. That means that they probably won't work for me either, since I have SLP 1-3/4" headers on my car... :irk:

Zepher 07-14-2004 01:13 AM

I am running long tubes with a dual exuast setup. Dual exhaust isn't built yet.
I haven't test fitted them, basically took them out of the box and put them on a shelf.

87DJP2001 07-14-2004 07:00 AM

Originally posted by V8Rumble
:mad: :mad: :mad:

CRAP. That means that they probably won't work for me either, since I have SLP 1-3/4" headers on my car... :irk:

Thats why I said Spohn SFC's worked for Me. I have SLP 1 3/4" Headers and SLP 3" Catback Exhaust. Forget the other brand and use your Sumitt cash on Hotchkis STB there. Just my opinion.

V8Rumble 07-14-2004 08:49 AM

Originally posted by 87DJP2001
Thats why I said Spohn SFC's worked for Me. I have SLP 1 3/4" Headers and SLP 3" Catback Exhaust. Forget the other brand and use your Sumitt cash on Hotchkis STB there. Just my opinion.
Yep, I agree, it is a good idea - except that I can't use an STB with my StealthRam intake... :mad: :irk:

Thanks though... :)

91RSLT1 07-14-2004 08:53 AM

Mine fit just fine. I am about to put on a set of coated hooker 2055, so I hope I don't have any clearance issues. I like them but it is the only brand that I have had experience with, so who knows.

V8Rumble 07-14-2004 07:12 PM

Originally posted by 91RSLT1
Mine fit just fine. I am about to put on a set of coated hooker 2055, so I hope I don't have any clearance issues. I like them but it is the only brand that I have had experience with, so who knows.
Let me make sure I'm hearing you correctly - you've used Hotchkis SFCs with SLP headers?? :shock: (EDIT: Whoops, never mind. Just saw in your sig that you've got Edelbrock headers...) :rolleyes:

Might eventually do like some others I've heard about, & have two sets - one "inside" (closer to the driveshaft tunnel) & one "outside" (closer to the outside of the car)...

Heck, come to think of it, I've just bought a MIG welder, that might be a good project... ;) :D

Wishmaster 07-16-2004 07:36 AM

When I said mine wouldnt fit because of my Y-Pipe.....I think it may be due to having Tri-Y headers. The Y-pipe is so much diffferent than a regular pipe.....do I search for Tri-Y's at thirdgen.org and you can see a pictures of the funky ass pipe.....

THe Hots may fit with regular pipes.......

Ucantcme57 07-16-2004 03:29 PM

I went to spohn for my subframe connectors.. I got the torque arms and the sperical lca's.. Spohn has good quality parts.. I went through S&W for the the roll cage however because the spohn one goes in front of the dash, where I wanted the cage to be in the dash, close to the a pillar out of sight kinda and not in my way as much as it could be