3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Grill Replacement????

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 11:41 AM

Question Grill Replacement????

I have an 86 Iroc and I want to take out the black grill thing with the chevy symbol in the middle, that goes around the fog lights. I want to cut out the urethane behind it and make it so more air flow through that opening. Does any company make an aftermarket screen that will go into that place.. I will be putting a Intercooler there one day, But I want alot of air to flow through that opening, but notice I said air not rocks and debris. When I first bought the car last summer. She didn't like to run in the hot sun all day. I took out the fog lights and problem was fixed. I got a new air dam/valance. I even pulled my Radiator out and had it dipped and flushed and pressure cleaned. about 20 degrees cooler now. But I want to go one step further and remove that black thing and then trim out the urethane bumper so that it is just a slim support I will be adding a few extra support strips to aid with support but I want a screen. I have seen that many ram air hoods have screens and I was wondering if any aftermarket companies sell a screen made for our years.. let me know..

Thanks,
Kevin

------------------
86 Chevrolet Camaro Iroc Z-28 Fully Loaded With T-Tops
Mods;
Spohn SubFrame Connectors, S&W Race Car Chassis 8 point Roll Cage, 1997 SS Aniversary 3.42 POSI Rear End with 12" Rotors and 4 Piston PBR Calipers, Balanced Drive shaft... Others soon to come...

Best times before any mods done, Complety Stock;15.6 @ 87mph
Waiting for the tracks to open again to see what I got going on Now!

ntimad8.cz28.com
Old 06-11-2002, 12:29 PM

IIRC Ramchargers sells it. You just have to cut it to fit the shape of the opening and it attaches with screws or zip ties.

I was thinking of doing something along those lines but still am undecided.

Later,

------------------
Mike L.

1987 IROC Z 5.7 TPI A4 3.27 Borg-Warner four wheel disc
Mods:
2300-2500 Stall Converter, Shift Kit(GM parts), TPI Specialties Stage 3 PROM, Modified airbox w/ K&N's, Relocated MAT sensor, Gutted MAF, 160* thermostat, MSD 6A, Accel 8mm Wires, bypassed TB coolant, 3" Flowmaster 3 chamber single outlet, custom adjustable cutout, 3" MAC mandrel intermediate, airfoil, ported plenum. !smog, Crane AFPR, Accel rail mounted FP gauge, Harlan shiftlite, 24lb. injectors, Hedman headers, a few others I forgot...??? FINALLY GOT PAINT!!

Check out my IROC webpage!