3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

figuring out future plans.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 02:32 PM

figuring out future plans.

okay im trying to figure out what i can do to make me faster without breaking everything
Heres what i have
1990 350 iroc-z
shift kit
headers
3.73 gears
hyperjunk chip
aluminum drive shaft
modified stock exhaust so it is running true duals

Okay heres what i want:
engine-383 stroker motor
internals as strong as i need them to be but not too much stronger because this is a budget minded project
afr 195 heads
cam to match my power band possibly a custom grind
intake im not sure about id like to stay efi but im trying to figure out how much money id save by swapping to a carb. If i stayed efi id probably want a mini-ram as to carbed im not sure what id do.

500+ hp at the crank

tranny: t-56

rear end: moser 12 bolt

I think the next order of business (when i save up some money this winter) is to put a t-56 in because i really want a manual tranny. I know the gears got upgraded in the rear but i have no idea what brands they used for anything all of the mods were done before i got my car.

I would like to do the tranny and then do some speed stuff but my biggest concern is ill make her too strong and then blow out my rear without sufficent funds to be able to replace it. This being said in a perfect world i would be sane and do the rear end first and then the engine stuff but as it sits im a little bored with the amount of power i have in my car.

What would be the best speed mods to do to my engine as to give me more power and keep me on my goal to what i eventually want to have which is a 500+ hp monster. I am looking for the best bang for my buck and its very important that i dont make it too powerful yet because i cant afford a new rear end. What engine mods do you guys think i should do first?