2010 - 2015 Camaro Technical Discussion All 5th Generation Camaro technical discussion that doesn't fit in other forums

My Tranny shifts like a girl

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:52 AM

Thats pretty impressive if your getting that type of mileage. The sticker on an auto only shows 24 and thats about what I am getting around 70. Are you going downhill or did you have a huge tailwind? Also what are your RPM's at 70?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:06 PM

A6 Tune

I have not seen any updates on guys with the auto so I'll give feedback on mine. As of now the tranny is really close to scratching 2nd and 3rd. It breaks totally free anytime it downshifts to 1st and comes close going down to 2nd
Of course anytime being at WOT. We are still working on getting a few more MPH before the up shifts. I'm sure that will come as we get all the up shifts to hit hard. Anyone know at what RPM we should be shifting this motor to maximize acceleration, other than just prior to the rev limiter?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

Nice info. I may be getting mine tuned on Wednesday.

Whose tune do you have and how many miles on your odo?
Old 08-11-2009, 05:40 PM

I'm using trifecta performance up in Washington. This is the "Beta" tune for his company so he cut me a huge break. It is all done via email and data logs so it is taking a little longer than normal. The engine tune is already done, overall nice and noticeable improvement. Hopefully we get the tranny done this week, although he said it is a little more tricky than the vet.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

Yep, they do decent work for sure. Keep us posted!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:24 PM

Descent as in you would not use them?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by wacker
Descent as in you would not use them?
I definitely would if I didn't have a guy local to me that I have tun all my vehicles. The guys are Trifecta should treat you right.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Nice info. I may be getting mind tuned on Wednesday.

Whose tune do you have and how many miles on your odo?
How do I tune my mind? My wife's dying to know
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by mudbone
How do I tune my mind? My wife's dying to know
Start with putting on the vinyl version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and firing up a banana peel.

Wiseass.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by ImportedRoomate
Yes its an auto. He'd be calling himself a girl if it was a manual.

Yes these cars do come with a traction control switch.
My thoughts exactly
Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM

Start with putting on the vinyl version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and firing up a banana peel.
That'll work ;}-"

LOL
Old 08-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Admin Emeritus

Okay, guys. I am working with Vector Motorsports who is local to me on a tune for the L99 cars. We are not done developing the tune yet, but what I can tell you is that there is a LOT of room for improvement with the 6L80E.

I just drove around after having the trans cal done and there is a noticeable difference. It gets out of the hole much faster...almost feels like we did a rear gear swap. The shifts are much more solid both in auto and manual mode and it tachs up more before the upshift. Overall, there is some decent performance increase and much more fun.

We are not done with that or the performance tune. I will be bringing the car back next week for them to work with it a bit more. I'll post more on it as it develops.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:32 PM

I'm telling you, this auto setup is going to be hard to beat
Old 08-18-2009, 09:52 PM

We are still working on my tranny tune. We are going to try and add some more line pressure in hopes of throwing back in some torque management. I know I said add some torque management As of now the car barks the first two shifts with no TM. I'm hoping to accomplish this with more pressure and a little TM for longevity purposes. Just remember on the L99 the first to second shift happens early at around 5700-5800. To fix this you have to set the up shift MPH to 30 or 31. Changing the RPM alone will not do it. The car is making crazy power right now and I'm at 4100ft. Can't wait to try it at a lower elevation.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:46 PM

Okay, guys. I am working with Vector Motorsports who is local to me on a tune for the L99 cars. We are not done developing the tune yet, but what I can tell you is that there is a LOT of room for improvement with the 6L80E.

I just drove around after having the trans cal done and there is a noticeable difference. It gets out of the hole much faster...almost feels like we did a rear gear swap. The shifts are much more solid both in auto and manual mode and it tachs up more before the up shift. Overall, there is some decent performance increase and much more fun.

We are not done with that or the performance tune. I will be bringing the car back next week for them to work with it a bit more. I'll post more on it as it develops.
Are you able to scratch the tires yet during shifts?

Quick Reply: My Tranny shifts like a girl