2010 - 2015 Camaro Technical Discussion All 5th Generation Camaro technical discussion that doesn't fit in other forums

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 PM

car wont start

Just got a 2011 SS, only 400 miles on it and it wont even crank over. Everything works in the car but it wont even attempt to turn over the engine when i turn the key. Any ideas?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:32 AM

Re: car wont start

Hey,

I have a 2011 Camaro SS as well. Sure enough, I had the same issue right in front of my house. Crazy right?

Well, I had it towed to the closest chevy dealer. Should be no charge for you if you use the On-star to call for a FLATBED TOW TRUCK. Don't let them drag your car!!! They might damage something.

The Computer Modules were not Syncing up. The camaro has several different computers running in the car at once. In order for the car to start, all the computers send information to one central destination. If one of the modules is out of whack or off, the car will not start. Everything in my car worked as well from the phone, alarm & radio ect... They will hookup a computer (laptop) to your car and download the car information all over again to re-program it. You might have experienced tire pressure issues as an example of the computer acting crazy.

Could be something else but I doubt it. Its a brand new car. There's no parts that need to be replaced or fixed. If this happens 3 times, they have to replace your car by LAW.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Admin Emeritus

Way to help out, nmyzone!

SmokedSS, this is good advice. Rather than pull your hair out and waste a bunch of time, get it to the dealership and let them diagnose it. You'll be back on the road sooner! You pay for a warranty, use it.

BTW...did you guys know that whenever there is a warranty issue, it doesn't stop at the dealership? Nope...it goes right up the chain to Al Oppenhieser himself.

For example...if a part breaks, it gets sent to his team and they analyze it and consider what they need to do to keep it from happening again and make production and design changes as necessary. It doesn't just get replaced and forgotten about. Cool stuff!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Had it sent to the dealership that night,hoping its an easy fix. Unfortunately I was out and not at my house. So the car sits at the dealer waiting to be looked at. Only had the Camaro for a few days before this happened. Still love the car though. Thanks for the input fellas
Old 04-04-2011, 01:11 PM

What was the outcome?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:08 PM

Jason, great info - very helpful! It's good to know GM takes these issues that seriously.

Thanks for all you have done and are doing here - great site!! Looking forward to learning more & contributing in return whenever possible, should have my car by next month.

Originally Posted by JasonD
Way to help out, nmyzone!

SmokedSS, this is good advice. Rather than pull your hair out and waste a bunch of time, get it to the dealership and let them diagnose it. You'll be back on the road sooner! You pay for a warranty, use it.

BTW...did you guys know that whenever there is a warranty issue, it doesn't stop at the dealership? Nope...it goes right up the chain to Al Oppenhieser himself.

For example...if a part breaks, it gets sent to his team and they analyze it and consider what they need to do to keep it from happening again and make production and design changes as necessary. It doesn't just get replaced and forgotten about. Cool stuff!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Thanks, glad to have you here!