2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which "formula" best fits your idea of a 5th gen Z/28?
GT500. All motor, damn everything else.
4.31%
Corvette Z51. Good power, good balance.
28.45%
Mustang GT. Affordable, entry level V8.
7.76%
Corvette Z06. Very focused, top notch performer.
59.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Z/28. Which formula best applies?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 PM

With the Corvette ZR-1, expected to hit close to $100k mark..GM need not worry about the Camaro overstepping the Base Corvette, or matching the Z06 for that matter. At least, thats how I feel.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:34 PM

I'd love to see a series of Chevy commericals based from the old Camaro and Vette adds but have a twist to them how the Cobalt and Corvette commericals were when the Cobalt first came out. Have the Cobalt SS, Camaro SS, and Corvette all in the commerical showing off trying to outdo each other.

Also if we wanted to get into the Z designation you could take the Z28, Z06 and a 350hp turbo AWD Cobalt Z24 and put them in a commercial bragging about the Z cars saying they are inspired by the track but made to tame the streets The ultimate in Chevy Preformance just look for a Z car.

But in my opinion the Z28 should be in line with the Z06, just anything less wouldn't make as much sense since there is no SS corvette......and SS is mainstream preformance whereas a Z06 is extreme preformance.

If the RS designation was to come back I'd be willing to bet it would most likley involve a hi-po V6 with over 300hp to offer a V6 with an V8 attitude.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by IntimidatorSS
I'd love to see a series of Chevy commericals based from the old Camaro and Vette adds but have a twist to them how the Cobalt and Corvette commericals were when the Cobalt first came out. Have the Cobalt SS, Camaro SS, and Corvette all in the commerical showing off trying to outdo each other.

Also if we wanted to get into the Z designation you could take the Z28, Z06 and a 350hp turbo AWD Cobalt Z24 and put them in a commercial bragging about the Z cars saying they are inspired by the track but made to tame the streets The ultimate in Chevy Preformance just look for a Z car.

But in my opinion the Z28 should be in line with the Z06, just anything less wouldn't make as much sense since there is no SS corvette......and SS is mainstream preformance whereas a Z06 is extreme preformance.

If the RS designation was to come back I'd be willing to bet it would most likley involve a hi-po V6 with over 300hp to offer a V6 with an V8 attitude.
I'm not sure about the other gens., but in the first gen. RS was simply a trim level and had absolutely nothing to do with which engine was in the car, you could get a Camaro with 6cyl. RS, Camaro with base V-8 RS, SS/RS, Z/28 RS, the choice was up to you.
Clyde
Old 11-13-2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by wildpaws
I'm not sure about the other gens., but in the first gen. RS was simply a trim level and had absolutely nothing to do with which engine was in the car, you could get a Camaro with 6cyl. RS, Camaro with base V-8 RS, SS/RS, Z/28 RS, the choice was up to you.
Clyde
RS has always been "just a trim level."
Old 11-13-2007, 10:51 AM

RS can now be more. RS can give the V6 car different style AND performance over regular V6's. I would bet that just having that option, that the majority of V6 Camaro's will opt for the RS package.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
RS can now be more. RS can give the V6 car different style AND performance over regular V6's. I would bet that just having that option, that the majority of V6 Camaro's will opt for the RS package.
Wouldn't you think that a 'LTZ' designation for such a Camaro would be more inline with the rest of Chevrolet's product, without adding more confusion to what Rally Sport is, was, and could be?

Base (LS) - V6
LT - Deluxe interior options, wheels and trim
LTZ - Performance V6 w/ Deluxe interior options, wheels and trim
SS - Perfomance V8 w/ additional trim levels
Z28 - Ultra Z06-like performance w/ additional trim levels
Old 11-13-2007, 03:27 PM

There isn't much confusion. Probably most people associate RS with the option package on the 3rd gen than some random trim you could get on any 1st gen. RS as a performance package for the V6 is probably the best bet anyway. Also there is no reason to make a Camaro LTZ, or an LT. The Camaro shouldn't have the same generic trim levels as an Aveo, Malibu, or Impala.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
Also there is no reason to make a Camaro LTZ, or an LT. The Camaro shouldn't have the same generic trim levels as an Aveo, Malibu, or Impala.
You do realise that Corvette comes in four "LT" trim levels for 2008, no?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
There isn't much confusion. Probably most people associate RS with the option package on the 3rd gen than some random trim you could get on any 1st gen. RS as a performance package for the V6 is probably the best bet anyway. Also there is no reason to make a Camaro LTZ, or an LT. The Camaro shouldn't have the same generic trim levels as an Aveo, Malibu, or Impala.
I don't know about that, I think many people associate RS with the foldaway headlights that were part of that trim package on the first gens. Ask most people what RS was on '67-'69 and usually the first words out of their mouth is "foldaway headlights". Now I realize that we are not likely to get foldaways from Chevy on the 5th gen., but I think the image stays in people's mind.
Clyde
Old 11-13-2007, 06:18 PM

Don't forget the split-bumper 2nd gens., that defined RS for those cars.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by CaminoLS6
Don't forget the split-bumper 2nd gens., that defined RS for those cars.
Or spoilers and ground effects on some 3rd and 4th gens.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 AM

Or spoilers and ground effects on some 3rd and 4th gens.
Yeah, I thought the 4th gen ground effects should've came on Z28's as well, many people bought ground effects off of a junked RS, or ordered replacement parts and put them on their Z's. That and ZR1 wheels...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by 90rocz
Yeah, I thought the 4th gen ground effects should've came on Z28's as well
Yuk.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:21 AM

Yeah, I thought the 4th gen ground effects should've came on Z28's as well, many people bought ground effects off of a junked RS, or ordered replacement parts and put them on their Z's. That and ZR1 wheels...
Originally Posted by Z284ever
Yuk.
Yep. They kind of went out of style in the 1980's... along with mullet hair and t-tops.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:03 AM

Ground effects WERE available on 4th-gen Z28's ... my car got the "Sports Appearance Package", that is the same body kit as the RS. Maybe it's not for everybody, but I like it . Since no Chevy dealer ever kept much of a stock of Camaros sitting on their lots, it was hard enough to find one around. When I stumbled across my car at the dealership, and it was sitting there, in nice shiny black, fully loaded with the leather, T-tops, and the ground effects ..... my jaw pretty much hit the floor, and I had to have it! (automatic tranny and all!!! ..... though I've "fixed" that since)

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Yuk.
Originally Posted by jg95z28
Yep. They kind of went out of style in the 1980's... along with mullet hair and t-tops.
Screw you guys! What do you know anyway?!?!?!?!?

Just to spite you, I can't wait 'til GM slaps some GFX onto the 5th-gen!!!!

Quick Reply: Z/28. Which formula best applies?