CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   Why was the image removed from the front page of the site? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/why-image-removed-front-page-site-414699/)

93ZM6Tally 12-09-2005 01:32 PM

Re: Why was the image removed from the front page of the site?

JasonD I believe you. Bottom line I appreciated the advance looks at the car and can only hope that it actually gets built and looks similar to the concept that I've seen.

Long live the F Body! :)

Bob Cosby 12-09-2005 01:38 PM

LOL. Boy, there sure is some good stuff in this one. :D

Gotta feel for those that have to try and go out and clean these pics off their website forums, through no fault of their own. What a mess - and not a mess of their doing. Now, is there anybody out there that HASN'T seen the pics? And if you did see them, who didn't download them to their computer?

Gigs up, my friends - for better or for worse....I suggest GM try and make the best of it vice going on a witchhunt. I say that with one caveat....I'd go after whomever was the original source of the leak with guns a blazin.

ShadowLord69 12-09-2005 01:54 PM

um could someone email me a desrciption of this leaked image so i can compare. thanks

Shadow

p.s
LClingwall@gmail.com

Mark IXZD 150 12-09-2005 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by 93ZM6Tally
...Long live the F Body! :)

Well.. although we all agree with your sentiment, the F-body is dead forever. The new car will not be an "F-body". F-body = 1967-2002 only.

OutsiderIROC-Z 12-09-2005 01:58 PM

Long live the Gestapo.

Mark IXZD 150 12-09-2005 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by OutsiderIROC-Z
Long live the Gestapo.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. :rolleyes:

StealthZ28 12-09-2005 02:22 PM

I completely understand the position you are in Jason. Once again, you guys go out on a limb for us. :thumb:

badblackta 12-09-2005 02:55 PM

Obviously the photos are GM's property, I can understand that. My question is why is it such a big deal that they come out on a F-BODY enthusiast site? Those who would have been planning to go buy a Ford or Chrysler product may have just changed their minds because of the prospect of our beloved car coming back. What do we ,the die hard enthusiast have to profit? what do we have to gain? all of this mess, with over 1 month of time between the full scale introduction of the concept at the auto show.

bowtieforpower 12-09-2005 03:20 PM

[/QUOTE]
If you honestly feel that way, sell your GM cars and buy a Ford or Chrysler or whatever. [/QUOTE]

well im trying but the whole bankruptcy thing doesnt influence people to buy gm cars. its a shame gm is going down, but hey if its their time, its their time.

turbo_Z 12-09-2005 03:20 PM

Its too bad the photos were leaked a month before GM was going to show off the concept in Detroit. And I honestly do not believe this a publicity stunt. If they were trying to stir up controversy then we would have seen some spy photos last year when Ford released the new 05 Mustang.

GM screwed up when they stated the Fbody was dead and never coming back. Basically they were indirectly telling guys like us to go out and buy a new mustang... the most popular mustang to ever roll off Fords assembly line. I just hope the new Camaro looks a little more polished than what I saw in the pictures. Because the change is almost too dramatic from the 4th gen which may or may not be good. But one thing I do know is the new C6 is fairly close in design to the C5... just close enough you wouldnt have to think twice about what you were looking at. Unfortunately I cant say the same for the new Camaro based on the photos Ive seen. Nobody would question the 05 Mustang is a Mustang or the C6 is a Vette... GM needs to work a little harder on the Fbody image before that car screams CAMARO!

Greed4Speed 12-09-2005 03:35 PM

Was it me or was that picture a bad photoshop job? The front grill area, windshield and roof lines didn't match up like they were poorly spliced together.

JasonD 12-09-2005 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by badblackta
What do we ,the die hard enthusiast have to profit? what do we have to gain? all of this mess, with over 1 month of time between the full scale introduction of the concept at the auto show.

Youa re right...we have nothing to profit. So as stated above, what is the big deal about waiting a few more days to the real unveiling? It is not what WE have to profit, it is what GM and WE have to lose.

And also stated before, the comcept car was unfinished in the images. The first impression will not be as positive because people see the unfinished and very rough concept images, and immediately that first impression is blown. How many said "the nose is messed up"? (EDIT: See the post right above this one!!) Plenty, not knowing that is was a ROUGH version. Now they have less than a positive impression, and coupled with the "downloaded it, saw it already" attitude that people will get, initial offical public reaction will not be as good as it could have been. If it is not good, it has impact on the project, which alters that car what WE will hopefully be able to buy soon.

Not to mention auto show attendance, which is noted and paid close attention to. People come from all over the country to the Detoit Auto show. Surely, a percentage of people won't now. Again..."downloaded it, saw that already". If a Harry Potter movie came out in the theaters, but 20% of those who planned on going to the theater already had it on their hard drive a week before, they wouldn't have much of a reason to go see it in the theater. That, of course determines if they will make another.

See how this has an impact on things? It may not apply to you, but there are thousands more out there that it does apply to, and in the end, it determines the car that is offered to us in the future. To what degree, who knows? Could be a little, could be a lot. Of cours,e it might have helped but by comparison, it may not have helped neasr as much as it did damage. I wouldn't underestimate it, though.

Originally Posted by turbo_Z
GM screwed up when they stated the Fbody was dead and never coming back. Basically they were indirectly telling guys like us to go out and buy a new mustang.

GM NEVER said that. They were specific on using the word HIATUS.
https://www.camaroz28.com/articles/2002hiatus/ They never said it is "never" coming back. In fact, Settlemire often said "Forever is a long time, never say never.". Look up "haitus" if you don't know what it means.

corbraeater 12-09-2005 04:01 PM

Were Can I Find A Pic Of The Car My Dad Is Dying To See It

GN1270 12-09-2005 04:43 PM

OK, I'm confused. The pic IS there when I click on the home page.

JasonD 12-09-2005 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by GN1270
OK, I'm confused. The pic IS there when I click on the home page.

It is probably saved in your cache.

This is the file name...
https://www.camaroz28.com/2009.jpg
The name stayed the same, the image itself did not.