2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Where will be you first drive in you new Camaro?

Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 PM

Keys

I plan on driving a friend, a girl from Orlando, to the Florida Keys. Key Largo first. Maybe Key West, but it's crazy there, so I don't know if I want to risk it.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM

I am planning on picking up mine from the dealer, drive around a bit near my house, then come home and spend some quality time with it by cleaning it! If I can take delivery before the end of March, then I will be driving it up to Cherokee, NC, as me and the wife are planning on going there again for our anniversary for a few days. Then on the way home I will be taking the Blue Ridge Parkway home from Cherokee to Asheville (about 35 miles), provided that there is still not snow on the pkwy like last March when I tried to get on at 3 different entrances. As far as the music, probably a combination of engine/variety of CD's! Here's hoping that production starts on time and everything goes well with the car arriving shortly after it is built.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:10 PM

Probably just by myself for a little while, kind of a bonding thing, and then on to....everywhere...at least until I run through a tank or two of gas. Might even sleep in it the first night... Might throw in something loud, angry, and Camaro-ish after the windows down, to the floor stage is over.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
I am planning on picking up mine from the dealer, drive around a bit near my house, then come home and spend some quality time with it by cleaning it! If I can take delivery before the end of March, then I will be driving it up to Cherokee, NC, as me and the wife are planning on going there again for our anniversary for a few days. Then on the way home I will be taking the Blue Ridge Parkway home from Cherokee to Asheville (about 35 miles), provided that there is still not snow on the pkwy like last March when I tried to get on at 3 different entrances. As far as the music, probably a combination of engine/variety of CD's! Here's hoping that production starts on time and everything goes well with the car arriving shortly after it is built.
gotta love the blue ridge parkway I love cruising there
Old 12-31-2008, 08:35 AM

I wont be purchasing mine until probably 3rd calendar year quarter of 09 but once i get it it will be once around the 410 loop here in SA then later on in the year when i drive home to Illinois for the holidays next year i will make sure i drive as much of Route 66 as i can and take tons of pics.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM

no one knows what SA is.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:58 AM

Lucky you!

I highly suggest you make your way over to the "Dragon". It's one of the best drives in the US!! As long as you are in the area of Cherokee, give it a go!! I love it.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
no one knows what SA is.
San Antonio
Old 12-31-2008, 10:18 AM

If I take delivery near a weekend, I'll suddenly become "sick" and I'll have to make that call to work. Then I'll fill the tank and head South first. Maybe Florida, then over to Alabama, then Texas, then Kentucky, and then back to Virginia. All in 4 days or so.

I wasn't afraid to drive my Vette in rain, sleet or snow. This car will be no different.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 AM

I'll be picking my car up from a dealer in Tampa so my first drive will be across the state on SR-60 to the FL Turnpike or I-95 and then straight home to West Palm Beach. Hopefully there is slow traffic on the 2-lane parts of SR-60, I'll be more than happy to pass them all.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
gotta love the blue ridge parkway I love cruising there
It is awesome! Beautiful scenery, nice curves, just a great road to cruise.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
Lucky you!

I highly suggest you make your way over to the "Dragon". It's one of the best drives in the US!! As long as you are in the area of Cherokee, give it a go!! I love it.

I was thinking of taking the Dragon as well. I was over near there this summer, took the Cherahola Skyway home from Gatlinburg. Wasn't that impresses compared to the BRP.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Disciple

Since the dealership we ordered our car from is about 350 miles from where we live, I suspect we'll drive around the town a bit before loading it into the car trailer to haul it home. There's a couple of mountain passes to get through and there will probably still be rock on the road so it won't get driven any distance until the roads are clear.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:49 PM

Both Buffalo,NY Hooters closed a couple years ago so that's out...

Good question; good thing I have plenty of time to think about it. So far as the music goes, said in another thread, no doubt in my mind...

Thunderstruck the first time the car goes into gear...
Old 12-31-2008, 12:59 PM

I was thinking of taking the Dragon as well. I was over near there this summer, took the Cherahola Skyway home from Gatlinburg. Wasn't that impresses compared to the BRP.
I have driven the Cherohala and it's an OK drive, no comparison to the Dragon whatsoever.

The Dragon is worth a try. Trust me on this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where will be you first drive in you new Camaro?