CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   What gen owners like wut???? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/what-gen-owners-like-wut-416028/)

User56898 12-15-2005 04:50 PM

What gen owners like wut????

so here is the deal. I have a 67 camaro that i started building when i was 14. I LOVE my car and love the style of my camaro. But i seem to notice that everyone with 3rd and 4th gen HATE the retro look while the people with teh 1st and 2nd gen love the new retro style. I just wanted to see if this is tru.

plz vote :D

Andrew R 12-15-2005 04:53 PM

Re: What gen owners like wut????

Damnit, I meant to vote that I like it...(94 Z28 owner)

User56898 12-15-2005 06:15 PM

i have been proven wrong so far. I really thoguht u guys did not like the new retro look

NewbieWar 12-15-2005 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by 67speeda
i have been proven wrong so far. I really thoguht u guys did not like the new retro look

well i would prefer it was a bit more modern/futuristic...

but i like its twist with retro/futuristic...

but like i said, less dependancy on retro... but wheel flares were the major thing back then and they really rock!

Ken S 12-15-2005 06:32 PM

am I the only that still hasn't see that leaked pic of the camaro? :(

MasterEvilAce 12-15-2005 07:23 PM

driven each generation, 67 RS, 70 SS, 87 IROC, 01 SS.. (and a friend's 91 firebird around parking lot) I have to say I don't like the retro look too much. Atleast, the concept picture is VERY bland. I'd like a new futuristic look, something sporty like the thirdgens. I like the thirdgens a lot. they feel like a real sports car all around. They're just dated a bit. I would rather have another "evolution", instead of going backwards.

guionM 12-15-2005 07:51 PM

3 time 4th gen owner here (and one time 1st).
Like the new one. :)

Originally Posted by Ken S
am I the only that still hasn't see that leaked pic of the camaro? :(

Probally.

If you want a mental picture, imaginea cross between the Chris Pauwels drawing without the Chevy fender "swishes" and Danno's photoshop of the "clinic car". A better looking version of the full width grille, a 1st gen Firebird-like rear fender inserts/fake scoop, & a thick C-pillar that resembles the Challenger concept.

Out back, think of 4 scrunched, angry looking Corvette-like tail lights, a blackout lower portion of the bumper, with a large styleized tailpipe bookmarking it on each side. Massive tires filling wheelwells framed much like the Mustang wheel arches frame that car.

It's low and wide, and doesn't look retro, though some people think so because of it's coupe greenhouse, and full width grille. Very little if anything else is.

I think that about describes it. :)

94Camaro_Z_28 12-15-2005 09:10 PM

I own a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th Gen....and I like the retro....

Also....I'm of the younger crowd @ only 21

Ray86IROC 12-15-2005 09:12 PM

Current 4thgen owner but more of a 3rdgen guy, love the new design.

Frankly I don't consider it particularly retro either. It looks like a modern Camaro, sure it has some design cues of the 1stgens but it certainly doesn't look like a 67 Camaro, no one will mistake it for one... I guess some people just wanted some totally new and out there design...

blackblur1996z28 12-15-2005 09:25 PM

I'm a 2 time 3rd gen owner and 4th gen owner. With some slight minor changes done to the "concept" I'd love to become a 5th gen owner in the future!!

detltu 12-15-2005 09:52 PM

I currently own a 4th gen and previously owned a 3rd gen and i like the styling.

jg95z28 12-16-2005 12:49 PM

I can't vote because no category fits me...

I have two 1st gens and a 4th gen and I don't think the new look is retro.

(BTW, I like what I've seen so far, but I'm withholding judgement for a few more weeks.)

:p

Capn Pete 12-16-2005 01:32 PM

You guys who say it doesn't look retro are in denial;). I'm sitting looking at the concept pics and a picture of my Dad's '69 SS ..... of course they're not "identical", but c'mon fellas, don't kid yourselves, it's retro:rolleyes:.

OK, I currently own a 4th-gen ('02 Z28) but have also owned an '81 Z28. My Dad currently has a '73 Camaro (I love that car to no end:yes: ). And like I said, he also HAD a '69 SS, as well as a couple late 70's Camaros/Firebirds over the years (when I was a kid).

I DO LIKE the looks of the concept. I can't say it's ugly or anything, otherwise that would mean I find 1st-gens ugly, which I don't:no:.

HOWEVER, I'm NOT SURE about the idea of going retro with the Camaro?:shrug: If I fall in love with it at Detroit, then I'll be ok with it. For now, I'm still deciding. It's like the "news" is taking time to settle in with me;). A part of me wishes they'd gone completely NEW design with it, while only maintaining subtle "hints" of previous generations, instead of basically a complete copy.

MasterEvilAce 12-16-2005 01:53 PM

If there were two categories... first being an evolution design, and another being a retro design.. the new maro definitely fits into RETRO. You can't deny it. The new maro has absolutely no third or fourth gen in it. Actually, I don't see any 2nd gen, either.

While it's not a 1st gen (it can't be, because safety standards would completely ruin the old design), it's closer to a 1st gen than any other generation has been.

I hope the official concept is better, and I hope the real car is even better than that. More cues from 3rd/4th generation. Less retro. Then I'd love it. Currently I don't like the 'clay' concept that much. It's currently too bland, however the right ideas are there. They just don't come together all that well, yet. It's a lot more (not sure this is the right word, but you understand) boxy than I ever imagined it would be, though. I expected a curvy sportiness like the SS concept was. Not going back to the old "can't handle" american muscle look ala current fat GTO

jg95z28 12-16-2005 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
You guys who say it doesn't look retro are in denial;).

Its called heritage styling. The Challenger concept is retro. The Camaro concept is not.

I can see styling cues from all four previous generations in the design. Some people can't see this. IMO, that's their problem.