2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, How Many People made it to Bowling Green Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 PM

Well, How Many People made it to Bowling Green Today?

Just wondering if the turn out is looking good this year, I'll be down Friday morning, probably around noon. I heard the red concept was there instead of the silver one. That is ok with me, I saw the silver one in Atlanta but I will miss hearing it run.

Hope to see some of you all this weekend.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:33 AM
Prominent Member

Re: Well, How Many People made it to Bowling Green Today?

We'll be there just after lunch...
Old 09-15-2006, 07:35 AM

I will be there in the morning with the wife and kid. I will be the ONLY dude there in an LS1LT1.com shirt if anybody wants to say hello.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:12 PM

Aren't you the one with the kid that has a birthday party?
Old 09-17-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by 2000SilverLS1
Aren't you the one with the kid that has a birthday party?
Her birthday and party was over labor day weekend.

I ended up loning it. THe little one had a fever so she and mommy stayed home.

I was REALLY disappointed with the turnout this year. There was simply nobody there....I thought the concept would draw more folks to town.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
I was REALLY disappointed with the turnout this year. There was simply nobody there....I thought the concept would draw more folks to town.
I 2nd that! I drove up on Saturday expecting to see a ton of Camaros, and there weren't. I was pretty disappointed. I was also disappointed that I didn't get to hear the silver one running. On a high note, it was nice getting to hear all of the things that Scott had to say.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:08 PM

yes i was there saturday. there wasnt much of a turnout. i did enjoy all that scott had to say. his presentation was very informative.i was surprized how much i liked the concept car.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:12 PM

I missed Scott's seminar. We went at 11 to Logans for lunch, got caught in traffic due to a wreck on Scottsville Rd and essentially took us all afternoon to get there eat, and get back. I did get to catch up with him later that afternoon before hitting the road.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Friday there were quite a few more cars because that was the day of the show.. Still not as many cars as I've seen in the past there though.

Last edited by 95 Z/28 LT1; 09-17-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:08 PM

My weekend pretty much sucked!

I was planning on getting there about lunch time Friday, ran into some problems, didn't get down there until 10 mins til closing time. Everyone pretty much already cleared out. We ate dinner at Logan's then went to the Beech Bend, on my 3rd run I shreaded the serpentine belt. It was completely gone, except for some shreads on the A/C compressor, it must have fallen on the track somewhere. We limped back to the hotel under battery power and no power steering, good thing the water pump is cam powered.
Got up early Saturday morning, called a shop that can change belts, they also called a tow truck for us since the battery didn't have much left. It took the tow truck 2+ hours to get there, by the time we made it to the shop they were closing in 15 mins. They agreed to stay and fix the car, but they didn't have a belt in stock, they had to order one from Napa. Napa got there in 30 mins. with the belt, after that it didn't take them long at all to put on the belt.
2 thumbs way up for Mark's Muffler Shop on Scottsville Rd. for staying late and fixing my car, if they didn't I probably would have been out of luck for the rest of the weekend and would have to gotten a rental car to drive back home on Sunday.

By the time we made it back to the museum it was time for Scotts seminar. Its a good thing I didn't pre-register this year, because I pretty much missed everything. In fact we didn't register at all, by the time we had a chance to most everything was over and all the T-shirts were gone. So we just paid general admission to NCM looked over the concept and sat in on Scott's seminar, which as always was a real treat, listening to Scott talk. After the seminar was over, we went outside and most everone had already cleared out. So much for going around and checking out everyones F-Bodies. Across the street at the Country Hearth Inn, the parking lot was full of F-Bodies, and I wondered why aren't these people over here in the NCM lot? Well we decided to leave and head toward Nashville for the evening.

This year was a huge dissappointment, I really thought the concept would draw in the people to this years event, I believe some fault goes to NCM because they have really let the schedule get stale, they need some changes to get the poeple to come back every year. Offer more things and get some vendors in there, go all out like they do with the Corvette events. There was some talk on suspending next years event, and if they do, I bet they will never bring it back.

Last edited by 30thZ286speed; 09-17-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by 95 Z/28 LT1
Friday there were quite a few more cars because that was the day of the show.. Still not as many cars as I've seen in the past there though.
Good to meet you Saturday afternoon by the way.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by 30thZ286speed
This year was a huge dissappointment, I really thought the concept would draw in the people to this years event, I believe some fault goes to NCM because they have really let the schedule get stale, they need some changes to get the poeple to come back every year. Offer more things and get some vendors in there, go all out like they do with the Corvette events. There was some talk on suspending next years event, and if they do, I bet they will never bring it back.
I agree I thought the concept would draw more people. I also agree the schedule is stale. IMO they need more going on OUTSIDE.. music...an MC belting out announcements......They need to recruit more vendors (there was a whopping 1 this year) and generally have more activities going on outside. In past years there were multiple GM people there for seminars. This year just Scott.

My guess is we'll see the NCM event take a year off and perhaps in '08 it will come back with a vengance, and maybe even a pre-production Camaro by then.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:59 PM

I was there Wed-Sun. Had an awesome time. Hopefully the event in Detroit next year will yield a bigger turnout.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Disciple

Awesome time in BG this year.
I too expected a bigger turnout, but regardless I'm sure everyone there had a great time, and those that didn't go missed out BIG TIME.

Already looking forward to next year's event!
I'll definitely be there regardless of location.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:04 PM

What's this about it being in Detroit next year?

Quick Reply: Well, How Many People made it to Bowling Green Today?