2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Testing new Z28 running around my area

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:16 PM

nice photoshop...dont know why it still is in camouflage, you say this was taken in the lot? seems to me the wheels are moving too quick to be in a lot. one of your previous posts mentioned the guys are friendly and dont mind if you walk around and in fact ignore you, now you say you dont have the ***** to go and talk to them? Furthermore, the wiper in the pic and the edge of the car are too blurry compared to the surrounding area, the dimensions just seem wrong. Fact is i am calling all of this BS, if you have real pics, as you say you have i will feel like a dumbass when you post them, but for now it seems you just want attention, sorry.

Last edited by ELMATONSS; 06-12-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ELMATONSS
nice photoshop...dont know why it still is in camouflage, you say this was taken in the lot? seems to me the wheels are moving too quick to be in a lot. one of your previous posts mentioned the guys are friendly and dont mind if you walk around and in fact ignore you, now you say you dont have the ***** to go and talk to them? Furthermore, the wiper in the pic and the edge of the car are too blurry compared to the surrounding area, the dimensions just seem wrong. Fact is i am calling all of this BS, if you have real pics, as you say you have i will feel like a dumbass when you post them, but for now it seems you just want attention, sorry.
LoL! You're a complete a$$hole!

As for the pics.....uh, this just looks the same old Camaro testers we've been seeing for months now.

Last edited by Vettejet82; 06-12-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:13 PM

If he Photoshop these he must be really good. I didn't see any photoshop work personally. It’s obvious that the car is on a road not in a lot. The reason the wiper is not in focus because the focus was on the Camaro. A Camera cannot focus the Foreground and back ground unless you open up aperture on the lens.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:01 AM

Dude give him a chance. If it is BS, which im saying is not, wait untill september.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by garyfrisco
I live high in the Colorado mountains and the GM performance guys have
about 15 cars up here testing them for days. They all park them at
one local motel. The only ones they cover at when they pull in for the
day are the two Z28 cars and they put car covers over them and strap
the covers on them. I walked up to one and lifted the cover to check
the wheels etc. and feel the hood scoop/bulge. The scoop is functional
in the front (ram air) and the back cowl is also open facing the windshield.
They have a couple of what appear to be Malibu (SS?) as it has V8 badging
on them. A couple of Cobolt SS and a slew of Pontiacs, hi-perf G98's (a
coiuple disquixed as Holden (Australia) SS cars, yet interior is all Pontiac
with Pontiac steering wheel - they juxt put Holden badging on them and
there are two fully trimmed out G8's, Also two Holden R8 Clubsport with
right hand drive (LS3, 411 hp!) and those are sweet! Also 4-5 hi-perf
Soltices and Saturn Sky.. They just run these around all day then they
come back in sit in the lot checking all the laptop data in the cars. You
can just walk right up and check them all out. The guys pretty much
just ignore you...maybe I will try and get them to talk a bit...

What made you think that they were Z/28's.

BTW, when I glanced at your screen name, I thought it said gayinfrisco.

No offence to anyone who might be offended...
Old 06-13-2008, 01:06 AM

Yikes on edge just a little. Was this thread in the Lounge for a time?
First of all the picture is not a photoshop. Obviously it was taken on the road from another vehicle. The wiper is blurry because it's not the object the lens is focused on to take the pic.
What we don't know is when or where this pic was taken. According to your fellow newbie it was snapped recently near his home. I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt and time to explain why the pic shows the Camaro moving on the road and not in a parking lot.
As for the camo; Yes Bob Lutz did order all Camaro test cars to have their camo removed several months ago and told everyone out there to take pics of them where ever they are seen.
Now from a GM perspective there are numerous reasons why if the car was pictured recently still has camo. They are working to develop a new Camaro not to satisfy amateur spy photographers.

garyfrisco, the reason there is so much attention and a little extra attitude is because of this. "Z28" While it may seem harmless the Z28 has been rumored to be the most powerful and expensive 5th Gen Camaro. It's production isn't due until the next model year after the 2010 Camaro is available next Feb. So when you say you have pics of the "new Z28" it's going to cause a stirr. The pic you have shown could be the Z28 or an SS or even a V6 we just don't know but calling it a Z28 and then the wait for pics that many of us have seen before has put a few over the edge. Welcome to CZ28.com in the 5th gen forum a few months from production, it's like the 4th quarter crunch time!
Old 06-13-2008, 06:18 AM

4 pages, and still no quality photo....
Old 06-13-2008, 07:14 AM

hey it could be worse....the news bimbo on fox2 news here in st louis just called a 69 z28 a dodge charger......so keep things in perspective,,it could be worse.ie the 5th gen called a dodge challenger
Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 AM

Yeah, I guess I did sound like an a$$hole, but, even though I just registered on this site, I have been following the camaro through this site and camaro5 since the 5th gen announcement, do own a 01 camaro, and plan on getting the 5th gen as soon as its in my dealer. The fact is that, as you guys might agree, aside from the transformers camaro pics we really have not seen any new pics, and it’s not garyfrisco’s fault, but if he posts a new thread mentioning the Z28! is in his area and he has seen it and then for the next two days there are no pics, and then when there is one it’s the same old camaro mule we have seen for the last year. it kind of got to me. So, sincerely, I agree I responded too harshly and I apologize to gary, and any others.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:19 AM

I think the picture above is the one that garyfrisco is saying was the car in the lot. Looking at the camo on the rear quarter, this is the same mule that was pictured in this thread:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=610952

If I understand that thread correctly, this is the car that was at the MiFBody Meet & Greet event recently.

Video Clip of mule arrival posted at http://www.mifbody.com
Old 06-13-2008, 10:52 AM

ELMOTONSS....FYI, there are 2 shots I listed, one is yes moving, shot threw my windshield and the other just showing the wheels was shot in the lot. They were
both shot yesterday and I asked the same question...why would they still be in
camo and covering them up so quickly. The camo just might have been on these
cars since they were first put out for testing and why bother taking it off (?). I
will post more pictures later today of this car that were shot yesterday. I also refer to this mule as a Camaro/Z28 as I do not KNOW if it is
a Z28, I only thought it could be by the bigger wheels, the big dual exhaust pipes/muffleres and the ram air scoop and cowl induction hood.
It also sound healthy. Other than that, yes it could be a 6 banger, though it doubt it. I will post all my shots later today....someone magazine said they MIGHT want them, thus one just can't put them out there if a magazine wants a good shot. I do have better shots...

Last edited by garyfrisco; 06-13-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Disciple

Looks like the one the Disciples drove in Milford in May.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/21/c...d-focus-group/
Old 06-13-2008, 11:14 AM

Well 8Banger, if you wait long enough good things come...be patient. Here is one Camaro/Z28 shot I got this evening. I posted this one picture
just so you know I am not yanging your chain,

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=P6120021.jpg
Ok, we've all seen this camo Camaro many times. Where is the Z28 that
you speak of?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:31 AM

You got a pic of the Camaro while driving right? You couldn't speed up a little to get a pic of the front so we can see the hood??
Old 06-13-2008, 12:00 PM

It sounds like they are Camaro SS preproduction mules, not Z28s. Based upon previous statements that the Z28 will be 18 months behind the initial launch, I'd be very surprised if any Z28 mules were already on the street.

Quick Reply: Testing new Z28 running around my area