2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It sure has been quiet lately.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:54 PM

It sure has been quiet lately.

For a while we were getting flooded with videos and pics of the testing, but lately they have been very quiet it seems. Have they brought all the Camaros back behind the curtain, and waiting until after the focus group to allow these things to go back out for further testing? are they holding out until they find out more about the next mustang? We seem to be getting so close to start of production, and the fact that they wont allow cameras at this focus group meeting does poke the brain a little.

I wonder how much testing there is left to do on the actual car. Im sure there is still a lot to be done at the plant.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:13 PM

the calm before the storm maybe?

soooooo close, yet soooooo far away
Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Chevycobb
Have they brought all the Camaros back behind the curtain, and waiting until after the focus group to allow these things to go back out for further testing?
Hope so!

We seem to be getting so close to start of production, and the fact that they wont allow cameras at this focus group meeting does poke the brain a little.
The short version is that there are portions of the car that are not ready for publication. What those parts are or how significant they are remain to be seen...or unseen. I'll say what I can but nothing that I cannot.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:34 PM

Indy should be fun.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Indy should be fun.
Glad you mentioned it. If anyone reads these 2010 forums regularly (IE, those who care), Indy is one of those events that when people find out what they have missed, they will never forgive themselves.

How's that for ultra-super-winky-ness?

(...and Bob contributed to it. )
Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 PM

I wish I could go
Old 05-14-2008, 12:15 AM

We seem to be getting so close to start of production, and the fact that they wont allow cameras at this focus group meeting does poke the brain a little.
Have they ever?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:41 AM

I'm anxiously waiting for September. Until then I occupy my time by reading the 100 threads on here arguing about what the top model will be and about wheter or not it will have a change holder.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bradl1982
I'm anxiously waiting for September. Until then I occupy my time by reading the 100 threads on here arguing about what the top model will be and about wheter or not it will have a change holder.
if it doesn't i'm not buying it!
Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 AM

For a while we were getting flooded with videos and pics of the testing, but lately they have been very quiet it seems. Have they brought all the Camaros back behind the curtain, and waiting until after the focus group to allow these things to go back out for further testing? are they holding out until they find out more about the next mustang? We seem to be getting so close to start of production, and the fact that they wont allow cameras at this focus group meeting does poke the brain a little.

I wonder how much testing there is left to do on the actual car. Im sure there is still a lot to be done at the plant.
About the only information left about the new Camaro are the final details, which likely will be in press releases regarding the production car.

Given the amount of time it takes to develop a car or it's powertrain, I seriously doubt they are waiting to find out more about the next Mustang. At this stage of the game, the only thing capable of being changed is is the grain and colors of the interior plastic, the choice of exterior colors, and the final programing of onboard computers. Possibly final tweaking of OEM parts.

Tha Camaro will likely be on assembly lines in a mere 5 or 6 months. The Indy prototype cars are going to be assembled in Australia shortly (unless they already are) using the final interior pieces and specs, and are going to be unveiled the end of the summer, less than 4 months away. The last focus group was for final last minute input which will make it's way into the prototypes and then the production cars.

In short, it's not quiet because GM is taking the cars behind the curtain. It's quiet because the only thing left that hasn't been told is minute details of the final production cars.... and that won't be out till the final production cars are ready.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:59 AM

Indy should be fun.
Are you going Bob?

If so, I'll see you there. It will truly be the highest point since the unveil of the concept.

It's quite a nice setting, IMHO.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:25 PM

I've got my leave planned for it. The only thing I can think of that might prevent it is a serious Atlantic Hurricane threat during that time period (work stuff).

Will do my best to look you up!
Bob
Old 05-14-2008, 03:35 PM

I've got my leave planned for it. The only thing I can think of that might prevent it is a serious Atlantic Hurricane threat during that time period (work stuff).

Will do my best to look you up!
Bob
As I have a home in Florida, I hope the hurricane possibilities are nil, be they atlantic or gulf of Mexico based.

It should be a first class occasion which could only be made better by some face to face time with internet comrades.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Glad you mentioned it. If anyone reads these 2010 forums regularly (IE, those who care), Indy is one of those events that when people find out what they have missed, they will never forgive themselves.

How's that for ultra-super-winky-ness?

(...and Bob contributed to it. )
Pace car?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by km9v
Pace car?
I think you would be looking a bit too far into the future for something like that.

Quick Reply: It sure has been quiet lately.