2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summer for SS production?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:52 PM

Summer for SS production?

My wife and I visited the Houston Auto Show, sat in the LT, and were very impressed with its interior and the exterior look of both cars. A Chevy rep was there, and he seemed knowledgeable enough. He claimed that although production starts in March, no V-8s would be made until the summer, sometime. True?

If true, I don't understand that from a business perspective. I'd bet that most of the existing orders are for the SS. Why would GM want to aggravate an existing customer base like that? The people who preordered are most likely to chat the car up to everyone they know. Every dealer would want to have some V-8s around, just for the "Wow!" factor. Many customers may settle for the LT for reasons of purchase price or gas mileage, but it's the SS that will draw them onto the dealers' lots.

What do you think?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Peyton
My wife and I visited the Houston Auto Show, sat in the LT, and were very impressed with its interior and the exterior look of both cars. A Chevy rep was there, and he seemed knowledgeable enough. He claimed that although production starts in March, no V-8s would be made until the summer, sometime. True?

If true, I don't understand that from a business perspective. I'd bet that most of the existing orders are for the SS. Why would GM want to aggravate an existing customer base like that? The people who preordered are most likely to chat the car up to everyone they know. Every dealer would want to have some V-8s around, just for the "Wow!" factor. Many customers may settle for the LT for reasons of purchase price or gas mileage, but it's the SS that will draw them onto the dealers' lots.

What do you think?

That is 100% false! They are building ALL models of the Camaro once production starts. The only real "constraint" is for the color white, which is supposed to be available a few months or so after production begins.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:20 PM

You probably talked to the same guy I did...the one who didn't know that there was a seat release, didn't know the steering was telescopic, and told me that the LS only came with black interior.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon
You probably talked to the same guy I did...the one who didn't know that there was a seat release, didn't know the steering was telescopic, and told me that the LS only came with black interior.
Sounds like someone is due for a visit from the black Suburbans.