2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

So is it going to look diffrent than the Pics?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 07:59 PM

So is it going to look diffrent than the Pics?!?!?

I have herd more than once "WAIT TILL YOU SEE IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE THE PIC'S" so were the leaked pics, not the ones?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:01 PM

Re: So is it going to look diffrent than the Pics?!?!?

I doubt it would be that much different, otherwise GM wouldent have gone nuts over the pics..
Old 01-05-2006, 08:15 PM

My guess would be that it will look close to the leaked pics. Round tailights in the rear instead of rectangle and front end toned down a bit.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by V8 Slayer
I doubt it would be that much different, otherwise GM wouldent have gone nuts over the pics..
Well... you could argue that GM went nuts for just the opposite reason.

A lot of people have seen the pics, and immediatly swore not to buy it based only on the looks (e.g. it's too retro, it looks to much like a mustang etc..)

So GM could have been upset because they knew that concept pic we saw wasn't the final product... and so they wanted everyone to hold their judgment untill the autoshow.

So allthough I believe the concept we see at the show will be similar... I wouldn't be shocked if it was still fairly different.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:52 PM

I hope it will be different or I'll have to settle for a vette.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 96SSConv#2033
"Settle" for a vette?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:02 PM

I was just looking over a C6 book I got for Christmas, and there was a section in there about the design phase. They had lots of pix exactly like the ones we saw, showing various concepts (at that stage, they're called "clown suits"). Anyway, the one that they decided to run with....you can certainly see the similarities to the finished product, but MOST of the details (the lights, mirrors, grille, glass, fender lines, ect) were tweaked a bit for the final design. I would imagine the clay we saw was THE chosen direction they decided upon, but I would also imagine that virtually every line on the car was tweaked up a little bit for the finished concept we'll see on Monday.

So to answer your question, it will look similar in stance probably, but the details are almost certain to be different. Does that clear it up for you?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by indieaz
"Settle" for a vette?
My next "toy" will be a new camaro or used vette. I would rather a new car because I'm tired of someone else's second hand stuff but I cannot afford a new vette, so I would settle for a used vette. I guess I should have said "used" in my first post. oops.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by )2overt SS
Well... you could argue that GM went nuts for just the opposite reason.

A lot of people have seen the pics, and immediatly swore not to buy it based only on the looks (e.g. it's too retro, it looks to much like a mustang etc..)

So GM could have been upset because they knew that concept pic we saw wasn't the final product... and so they wanted everyone to hold their judgment untill the autoshow.

So allthough I believe the concept we see at the show will be similar... I wouldn't be shocked if it was still fairly different.
Uhhh.... Then ban all the other 5000 concepts floating around making it look like a retro 1st gen cues only car...
Old 01-05-2006, 09:22 PM

Difference is that the other 5k concepts aren't GM pictures of a styling clay.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:53 PM

Unfortunately it's likely that a lot of the 'hard points' have been already set in stone, and this concept reflects that. In other words, the final product cannot change drastically from the leaked pictures.

It's too bad GM didn't have the ***** and/or creativity to come up with something more advanced than a rehashed '69 . Given the general population's image of Camaros being for mullet-wearing rednecks, well, this design isn't going to change any perceptions or win any new customers. It's too bad: a fresh, new, modern design could have done wonders for Camaro's image and actually redefined how people think about pony cars. Instead GM decided to pander to an ever-shrinking fan base and forego progress. Don't be surprised when sales fall off the cliff after the first couple years of production.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:10 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by CLEAN
I would imagine the clay we saw was THE chosen direction they decided upon, but I would also imagine that virtually every line on the car was tweaked up a little bit for the finished concept we'll see on Monday.

So to answer your question, it will look similar in stance probably, but the details are almost certain to be different. Does that clear it up for you?
I think this makes alot of sense and is probably dead on.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:19 PM

So the Mustang styling seems to be a hit, and the Challenger seems like it will be well received also. I believe, IMO, that if GM stays close to the concept it WILL sell. Remember, WE are enthusiasts. It may be a little milquetoast to us, but you see where catering to the enthusiast got the fourth gen.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:33 PM

Where's 1FastDog or John Henricy when you need them.

There is NO such thing as settling for a Vette

As for the cammaro concept. I'm sure it will be pretty much the same but it will be cleaned up, the back end may be a little different and it's possible we could see it in a different color than silver
Old 01-06-2006, 12:28 AM

GM got upset ont he release of the concept because it taints the image of what people expect from Chevy. You now expect that this image you saw as the Camaro, instead of being of clear mind when you see the real concept on the 9th. It could put people off that wont care to see the real thing, and think that "GM f*cked up again" or whatever that stupid saying means.
Either way, destroying the surprise is what GM is more upset about.
The real thing might look a little different considering that this was a clay model, and that the one at Detroit is said to be a moving one, so that means steetmetal/plastic around hard points and a drivetrain.

Quick Reply: So is it going to look diffrent than the Pics?!?!?