2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shots of 1SS Camaro (Interior Pics. Included)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:49 PM

Shots of 1SS Camaro (Interior Pics. Included)

I picked this up from Camaro5, its a 1SS with the cloth interior. If I say so myself, its it absolutely magnificent. ENJOY!!!!

LINK:http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10822
Old 12-21-2008, 03:02 PM

That's pretty awesome! You know the only thing that disappoints me about the Camaro interior is that there is no push button starter. I would have really liked to see that. Otherwise, awesome pics!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM

the more i see pics of the car. the harder the wait becomes. i have followed this car and the dodge challenger since their inception in 2005. ill admit the challenger did something for me when i seen the concept. however as the years progressed and i seen the final production pics. the less interested i became in the car. however with this 2010 camaro. i can never get sick of looking at production nor concept pics. this car has followed the concept as true as possible without becoming watered down as the challenger has. this car will look even better parked next to my 1993 z28 and 1972 ss pretty soon.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 PM

That is darn impressive for the "bare bones" SS Camaro. Darn impressive.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by monstertodd
That's pretty awesome! You know the only thing that disappoints me about the Camaro interior is that there is no push button starter. I would have really liked to see that. Otherwise, awesome pics!
We had one this week as a loner from the wife's Volvo dealer....and I ask the question "why the hell would anyone want a push button starter???" Its twice the movements of a single key ignition switch. So why would you want something thats twice as much work? Just because its "cool"? Duh........

Speaking as someone who has used it I DO NOT want a car with it. I look at it as a negative when considering a vehicle.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:10 PM

Those cloth seats remind me of the early 4th gen Camaro two-tone cloth seats,which i loved. What is UP with the gauge font,i hate it,sometimes we get the cool,classy speedo numbers from the first official pics and sometimes we get the numbers that look handdrawn.....which is the car getting??
Old 12-22-2008, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by detroitboy
We had one this week as a loner from the wife's Volvo dealer....and I ask the question "why the hell would anyone want a push button starter???" Its twice the movements of a single key ignition switch. So why would you want something thats twice as much work? Just because its "cool"? Duh........

Speaking as someone who has used it I DO NOT want a car with it. I look at it as a negative when considering a vehicle.
Twice the movements? Twice the work?

Have lived with push button start in my Vette now for nearly a year and I love it. Never have to use a key or even the fob. Get near the car and it unlocks on it's own. Get behind the wheel push the start button and off I go. Arrive at my destination push the button and the car turns off. Get out and walkaway and the car locks itself. The Key/ fob stays in my pocket like a wallet or money clip and I never give it a second thought. Couldn't be easier.

Push the button "On". Push the button "Off". One movement, One action. I guess you could make it easier if didn't have to push a button but could just give a verbal command instead.

Maybe Volvo should take a lesson from the worst auto manufacturer in the world that builds cars nobody wants (sarcasm) and figure out how to do a better push button start.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Northwest94Z

Have lived with push button start in my Vette now for nearly a year and I love it. Never have to use a key or even the fob. Get near the car and it unlocks on it's own. Get behind the wheel push the start button and off I go. Arrive at my destination push the button and the car turns off. Get out and walkaway and the car locks itself. The Key/ fob stays in my pocket like a wallet or money clip and I never give it a second thought. Couldn't be easier.

Push the button "On". Push the button "Off". One movement, One action. I guess you could make it easier if didn't have to push a button but could just give a verbal command instead.

Maybe Volvo should take a lesson from the worst auto manufacturer in the world that builds cars nobody wants (sarcasm) and figure out how to do a better push button start.
I would LOVE to see that option on the Camaro!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by cmg06s
I will for sure get a 2SS, while that is some nice cloth, i would be embarrassed to tell people I paid 30K for a car with cloth seats.
I like cloth
Old 12-22-2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Northwest94Z

Have lived with push button start in my Vette now for nearly a year and I love it. Never have to use a key or even the fob. Get near the car and it unlocks on it's own. Get behind the wheel push the start button and off I go.
This is "Keyless Go" and not just pushbutton start. There are a lot of cars on the market that have starter buttons, but you STILL have to put the key in the ignition to use it. I think that's what he's talking about. If you already have to put the key in the cylinder, is it really easier to push a button than to just turn the key?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:30 AM

My ex's Altima is just a push-button.
Leave the fob in your pocket, push the button and it starts, push it again, and it shuts off.
At first we didn't like it. Too gimmick-y. But after a few months, dealing with a key has become a hassle.
All cars should have push-button start.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
This is "Keyless Go" and not just pushbutton start. There are a lot of cars on the market that have starter buttons, but you STILL have to put the key in the ignition to use it. I think that's what he's talking about. If you already have to put the key in the cylinder, is it really easier to push a button than to just turn the key?

Most if not all push button cars now have just a button. I dont know of another company that has the key and button opperation anymore.
GM has been all over the place with push button starts, like they were with paddle shifters.
The Vette, STS and XLR's window switch is goofy, but works.
The CTS's **** is stupid
But the upcoming SRX, LaX, and probably several other new cars all have gone to a real round button to start the car.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
If you have to insert a key and then push a button to start the car I can see the twice the work comment making sense. What's the point. I say Volvo should drop their "pushbutton" start approach and copy GM's more advanced "Keyless Go" system. Much better IMO.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 AM

Anyone know if you still have the ability to view the oil pressure and tranny temp via the DIC if you don't have the 4-pack gauges? Is the 4-pack going to be an option on the 1SS or a dealer installed option that you can get on it, etc? I can't recall. I'll feel a little uneasy if I can't at least periodically cycle the DIC through to monitor the oil pressure, the more info available the better I say. Anyone know if you can set what the default info displayed on the DIC is, or is it always speed?
Old 12-22-2008, 03:25 PM

I see cloth as a performance option. It is simply more practical in that there is less maintenance and for those of us in extreme climates they are more comfortable. I have not touched the leather in the new Camaro yet; but if it is like the leather in pretty much every other car under 80k dollars, I would be embarrassed to pay 30k for a car with such low quality leather.
In summation, I am excited by the look of the cloth interior. Actually, I was so excited by it, it was hard to sleep last night. LOL.

Quick Reply: Shots of 1SS Camaro (Interior Pics. Included)