2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Runflats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:40 PM

Re: Runflats?

Originally Posted by CLEAN
And when they blow a tire?
your thinking removal from beneith? no, you just have the sub floor of the trunk dip down to make it fit, thus all you have to do is empty your trunk. yet it stays out of the way when you don't need it.

if your talking about peopel taking it out, well that's thier own risk .
Old 09-09-2006, 10:09 AM

Right. I can see taking it out if you're going to track it then putting it back in, but to run like that every day...thats just scary. Of my 3 flats, 2 of them would not be fixed by a patch kit, air compressor, or can of goo. One was a stem failure, instant decompression, the other was a chunk of shrapnel that was unpatchable.

I was on a drive through WY this summer, along one stretch when I had gone about 20 minutes w/out seeing another car, I went past a yellow Z06 (C5) on the side of the road. No spare, no runflats for that guy (The car was there alone, nobody in sight, so he may have had to hike it. No cell service there, and no onstar on those things either. Scary.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Right. I can see taking it out if you're going to track it then putting it back in, but to run like that every day...thats just scary. Of my 3 flats, 2 of them would not be fixed by a patch kit, air compressor, or can of goo. One was a stem failure, instant decompression, the other was a chunk of shrapnel that was unpatchable.

I was on a drive through WY this summer, along one stretch when I had gone about 20 minutes w/out seeing another car, I went past a yellow Z06 (C5) on the side of the road. No spare, no runflats for that guy (The car was there alone, nobody in sight, so he may have had to hike it. No cell service there, and no onstar on those things either. Scary.
That's the risk they take by taking it out. Personally i've had a flat in a parking lot and my driveway, but i still carry a donut tire in my car.