CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   RS with polished wheels..... YES! (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/rs-polished-wheels-yes-643455/)

ChrisL 10-20-2008 08:12 AM

RS with polished wheels..... YES!

Folks, I'm seeing some posts from those who have ordered the RS package that wanted the poslished wheels.

GM has decided to allow adding polished wheels as an option with the RS pkg. MSRP $470

Check back with your dealers. Once GM alters the ordering tables, you will be able add the polished wheels to your RS

Originally Posted by Chery Pilcher
Yes Chris, we did get the approval to offer the 20" polished wheels on the V6 RS and the Camaro SS/RS. It may not show up officially yet, but it will be there.

blackbirdta 10-20-2008 08:40 AM

I thought for a second this meant it was part of the RS package, but i thought wrong. I'll stick with silver until i can find wheels i like.

so its officially SS/RS?

Doug Harden 10-20-2008 08:50 AM

And yet, still no blue for the SS..........

2010_5thgen 10-20-2008 09:05 AM

nice!!! i might have to change my order.

ChrisL 10-20-2008 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden (Post 5642593)
And yet, still no blue for the SS..........

I'm not sure that fight is over yet. Adding the wheels is much easier to make happen

ChrisL 10-20-2008 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by blackbirdta (Post 5642582)
I thought for a second this meant it was part of the RS package, but i thought wrong. I'll stick with silver until i can find wheels i like.

so its officially SS/RS?

Correct, midnight silver is the standard wheel with RS. Polished is now available as a customer ordered option.

txturbo 10-20-2008 09:13 AM

cool....but will they still be an additional $470?

Bearcat Steve 10-20-2008 09:45 AM

Great news! My 2LT/RS will have the 20" polished.

350 HRSS 10-20-2008 10:21 AM

So, post up!

I placed my order Friday, and the polished option was not in the system yet, although I did get the RS option.

How do I get this to happen? Do I need to go back down there, and get them to change the order? What would they need to do to add the polished wheel option?

I 'heard' that the original order would have to be cancelled, and resubmitted. I hope this is not the case.

So, for those of you who have changed your original order, to get the polished wheels, what did you have to do at your dealership?? What exactly did they do in the system?

I don't want to screw anything up....

Also, another good question, is the car officially a "SS/RS" ?

Please post up and let us all know!

350 HRSS 10-20-2008 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by txturbo (Post 5642634)
cool....but will they still be an additional $470?

Also need to know this...

ChrisL 10-20-2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 5642749)
I 'heard' that the original order would have to be cancelled, and resubmitted. I hope this is not the case.

So, for those of you who have changed your original order, to get the polished wheels, what did you have to do at your dealership?? What exactly did they do in the system?

I don't want to screw anything up....

Also, another good question, is the car officially a "SS/RS" ?

Please post up and let us all know!

Order shouldn't have to be cancelled. Any order can be altered up until the point it is assigned a VIN in the GM systems.... which wont happen for months.

Not sure if the actual change in the system has been made yet. Knowing how fast corporate IT changes typically get implemented..... hopefully it wont be too long. I'm not even sure the dealers have been officially notified yet of the change.

If you talk to your dealer and they look at you like you have three heads, just tell them its a done deal, and keep an eye out for the internal announcement. As a buyer, I'd make sure I'd followup in the upcoming weeks.

I'll see if I can find out about pricing.... but again, your dealer should have that info once its in the system.

350 HRSS 10-20-2008 10:40 AM

Thanks for the replies!

If anyone has went to the dealership, and successfully changed their RS option to the polished wheels, post up. That should give us all an idea if the systems have been updated yet. I myself would rather get this small piece of alteration done now, instead of waiting a couple of weeks ;)

Sounds good on the price verification, please let us know...I don't mind a $470 increase in my price, just want to be sure it won't be over 1k or something crazy.

Also, can someone officially verify is this will be called "SS/RS" ?

jg95z28 10-20-2008 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 5642790)
Also, can someone officially verify is this will be called "SS/RS" ?

Cheryl must've slipped. I believe Jason reported earlier that "official" GM documentation refers to it as the "RS/SS".

350 HRSS 10-20-2008 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28 (Post 5642806)
Cheryl must've slipped. I believe Jason reported earlier that "official" GM documentation refers to it as the "RS/SS".

Can someone please post up, and show it's official which 'name' the car will be called?

Thanks!

ChrisL 10-20-2008 11:19 AM

confirmed pricing is the same. MSRP $470

Primus 10-20-2008 11:20 AM

I can't even get my dealer to place the order, much less try to change it in the system.

ChrisL 10-20-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Primus (Post 5642893)
I can't even get my dealer to place the order, much less try to change it in the system.

oye... they dont read the announcements closely then.

cant be done thru normal ordering. they have to use "quick ordering". I bet thats it.

350 HRSS 10-20-2008 12:04 PM

Thanks for the confirmation on pricing, I will add that to my list of options, and MSRP final amount.

If anyone has went to the dealer, to change their pre-existing order, and added this option, please post up, so we will all know when it's in the system.

:)

jg95z28 10-20-2008 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 5642811)
Can someone please post up, and show it's official which 'name' the car will be called?

Thanks!

Does it really matter? First gen Camaros combined with both options were "officially" SS/RS cars; however quite often they get referred to erroneously as "RS/SS" cars. Yet, no where on the car was there any "name" or badge stating they were "RS" Camaros, as the "SS" badge superseded the "RS" designation. The only difference was in the lights and trim.

Flash forward to the 5th gen Camaro, and there actually is a distinction as the "SS/RS" cars get red "SS" badges vs. the standard "SS" silver badges. (Along with the "RS" features.) However, again... nothing saying "RS" other than the options.

350 HRSS 10-20-2008 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28 (Post 5642984)
Does it really matter? First gen Camaros combined with both options were "officially" SS/RS cars; however quite often they get referred to erroneously as "RS/SS" cars. Yet, no where on the car was there any "name" or badge stating they were "RS" Camaros, as the "SS" badge superseded the "RS" designation. The only difference was in the lights and trim.

Flash forward to the 5th gen Camaro, and there actually is a distinction as the "SS/RS" cars get red "SS" badges vs. the standard "SS" silver badges. (Along with the "RS" features.) However, again... nothing saying "RS" other than the options.

Thanks for that explanation, as I was trying to get it figured out! I have already reserved my personalized tag for this car, and just wanted to make sure I had it correct, or at least, letters in an order that made sense :p

Now, if someone confirms they have changed their actual pre-existing order for the addition of the polished wheels on the RS package, I will be set, and know that when I go to my dealer this evening, I will be good to go.

I had asked them about it Friday when I ordered, and they said they knew about it...so at least I won't get the 'deer in the head light' look.....but I wanted to be able to get an updated order sheet or something, saying I have added this option.

Thanks to all of you for being so quick to reply :)

Primus 10-20-2008 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL (Post 5642900)
oye... they dont read the announcements closely then.

cant be done thru normal ordering. they have to use "quick ordering". I bet thats it.

Yeah. I even told them as much, but for some reason they won't place "Quick orders via order workbench". I'm going to try calling again but i can never seem to get a hold of my salesman. This is why I hate dealerships.

polo3433 10-20-2008 04:18 PM

Polished or not polished !! How about Summer or All-season tires? I pay $475 for that.

brooklyn2 10-20-2008 06:06 PM

That sounds great what about hud please

350 HRSS 10-21-2008 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by brooklyn2 (Post 5643718)
That sounds great what about hud please

HUD is next year....please stick to the subject of this thread.

350 HRSS 10-21-2008 07:46 AM

So, has anyone tried this??? I am thinking when changing the order all they would need to do is add option code Q9J (20" wheels 8" front and 9" rear) to the current order??

If anyone has done this yet (altered their RS package successfully) please post up!

Fbodfather 10-21-2008 10:53 PM

It is an SS/RS -- SS is the model -- RS is an option on the model.

JasonD 10-21-2008 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather (Post 5645737)

Finally that is cleared up! I was going by the PDF files that Chevrolet released and it just didn't sound right. Thanks!

1 RS-SS 10-21-2008 11:31 PM

and i thought it was an RS packaged SS so.... RS/SS

LOL.... i guess this can get really out of hand..... OK i'm done now.... :lol:

hmmm.... now to change my screen name.......... :D

IPrice 10-22-2008 01:35 AM

YES!!!

Would be even sweeter if they only upcharged the difference between the Midnight Silver and the Polished.

Prolly would see a crapload more of the Polished wheels out there...

Anyhow, who cares. Great call!!!

Thanks GM!,
Ivan

350 HRSS 10-22-2008 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather (Post 5645737)

Excellent!! Thanks for the confirmation!

redbomb 10-22-2008 07:59 AM

Is the $470 the standalone price for the polished wheels? If so, why wouldn't you just get the painted rims to begin with and then order the polished rims later? The painted rims would basically be free spares at that point. (I'd get them re-painted black)

JasonD 10-22-2008 08:02 AM

$470 is an upgrade fee, not an outright cost of the wheels. Would be nice, though! :)

350 HRSS 10-22-2008 08:04 AM

Ok, $470 for the upgrade, I have added that to my cost sheet...now, does anyone know if the systems have been updated yet, so we can alter our orders? I can run by there today and do that, if someone can post up...and I would hope to get an updated print out afterwards...

bkwagonss 10-22-2008 12:15 PM

I really wanted the polished wheels, so this is great to be able to get them.

But I have a couple of questions now.

First what does the midnight silver wheels look like?
I don't think I've seen a picture of them yet.
I ordered beige interior and victory red exterior, so I don't think black wheels would look very good with that combo.

Second, we are really not getting much in the RS package anymore.
The headlights and some trim stuff. I'm begining to wonder if the headlights
are worth $1200.

350 HRSS 10-22-2008 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by bkwagonss (Post 5646586)
I really wanted the polished wheels, so this is great to be able to get them.

But I have a couple of questions now.

First what does the midnight silver wheels look like?
I don't think I've seen a picture of them yet.
I ordered beige interior and victory red exterior, so I don't think black wheels would look very good with that combo.

Second, we are really not getting much in the RS package anymore.
The headlights and some trim stuff. I'm begining to wonder if the headlights
are worth $1200.

Does anyone know if the midnight silver color is on any of the other GM wheels? Is that the basic silver color of GM wheels, or is the midnight silver something new?

Still waiting for someone to say they were able to alter their order, and not have to cancel and resubmit....

phlegm 10-22-2008 01:19 PM

I put in my order today and it did not have the option for the polished wheels when I selected the RS package.

txturbo 10-22-2008 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 5646657)
Does anyone know if the midnight silver color is on any of the other GM wheels? Is that the basic silver color of GM wheels, or is the midnight silver something new?

Still waiting for someone to say they were able to alter their order, and not have to cancel and resubmit....

The Black IVER with the white camo had the RS wheels on it.
Attachment 42396

350 HRSS 10-22-2008 01:34 PM

Thanks for the updates....and the info on the wheels....

You think if GM offered to change this item, and allow these wheels, the system would have been updated by now....what is taking so long? How hard can it be? :o

bkwagonss 10-22-2008 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by txturbo (Post 5646743)
The Black IVER with the white camo had the RS wheels on it.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...8/DSC00164.jpg

That doesn't look like a midnight silver wheel.
It looks like the regular unpolished 20" wheel.

10Redrocket 10-22-2008 05:18 PM

So were looking at $1670 to get the RS package with polished wheels.

Polished wheels were a must for me when I ordered the car so I dropped the RS package. As the SS2 comes with 20's already, it seemed excessive to me to pay $1200 for lights and painted moldings.

Does anyone else think this is excessive or am I just cheap? :lol: