2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

The Real Camaro experience?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 PM

Hey Jason....can I post the "kid gloves" PMs that we exchanged?

And Scott....the "Winkie" comments are completely and totally tongue in cheek these days. I guess I assumed that was pretty obvious.

The ******* swinger stuff....well....maybe not so much tongue & cheek, but in an effort to keep Jason out of my PM Box, I can adjust fire.

And I still think you are way off on Charlie, but its dropped on this end.

Bob
Old 01-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

Bob, you owe me beers.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Bob, you owe me beers.
Come to Chicago guys - I'll buy.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Admin Emeritus

Well, there's always the next CamaroZ28.Com Member Summit in Indy this year. I think Bob said he can't make it or is scared of me. One or the other. Charlie, you up for it?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 PM

I just WISH the spy pics never surfaced. I think the problem on this site is that many people get into arguments over something that can’t be changed and we never should have seen. It’s very easy to second guess the car from pics of unfinished work. I really hate to see the name calling because I just know that it makes no difference. We act like we have some kind of control over the car and maybe because Scott takes time to post here those concerns will be put at the top of the list. Some have said their sharp criticism is for the good of the Camaro. Very noble but your opinion makes no difference and when a pissing match breaks out the opinion means even less.
Listen GM is the only company that can build a real Camaro, they are the only ones whom ever could. We are all here because at one point in time we fell in love with one of those Camaros. They did something right so give them the benefit of the doubt this time. In fact this is the first Camaro under development during the internet age. It’s amazing they got any of them right w/o our daily internet chat board input. So just wait until the car comes out! Then make all the opinions because then people can take it or leave it and there will be no debate because it’s done. (It’s really done already)
Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 PM

I don't do beer....I need complete control of all my faculties - all the time - just to get through the day. I'll buy ya a diet DP though.

Charlie....my Daughter has been accepted to the Chicago School of Art. If she goes there (and they'll need to pony up a scholarship, cause Mom & Dad can't afford that kind of school!), I'll look you up when we go out to get her settled.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Well, there's always the next CamaroZ28.Com Member Summit in Indy this year. I think Bob said he can't make it or is scared of me. One or the other. Charlie, you up for it?
I'm trying to schedule it.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
I don't do beer....I need complete control of all my faculties - all the time - just to get through the day. I'll buy ya a diet DP though.
DP works for me. It is what my entire family has drank long before I was around.

Originally Posted by Z284ever
I'm trying to schedule it.
Cool. I'll bring the boxing gloves.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby

Charlie....my Daughter has been accepted to the Chicago School of Art. If she goes there (and they'll need to pony up a scholarship, cause Mom & Dad can't afford that kind of school!), I'll look you up when we go out to get her settled.
Well, you'd better look me up.

I don't do beer much either. I had more than my fill of it in school. I do enjoy a Kettle One martini, straight up, though. Try ordering one of those in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Blue cheese olives? Wha?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
I just WISH the spy pics never surfaced. I think the problem on this site is that many people get into arguments over something that can’t be changed and we never should have seen. It’s very easy to second guess the car from pics of unfinished work. I really hate to see the name calling because I just know that it makes no difference. We act like we have some kind of control over the car and maybe because Scott takes time to post here those concerns will be put at the top of the list. Some have said their sharp criticism is for the good of the Camaro. Very noble but your opinion makes no difference and when a pissing match breaks out the opinion means even less.
Listen GM is the only company that can build a real Camaro, they are the only ones whom ever could. We are all here because at one point in time we fell in love with one of those Camaros. They did something right so give them the benefit of the doubt this time. In fact this is the first Camaro under development during the internet age. It’s amazing they got any of them right w/o our daily internet chat board input. So just wait until the car comes out! Then make all the opinions because then people can take it or leave it and there will be no debate because it’s done. (It’s really done already)
I occasionally go against my better judgement on an internet site... This is probably one of those occasions.

You are absolutely right to wish some of these spyshots were never posted. I realize it can be fun, or exciting, to peek under the curtain at a rehearsal for a show, see an unedited film, or in this case look at a car in progress. Formulating what appears to be a final opinion on a non-finalized project is essentially drawing a conclusion on an unconcluded offering.

The Camaro will be a huge success in it's final form if the economy allows it to do so. I think I have some automobile saavy, and can draw a reasonable feel from the reaction the concept draws from a huge sampling of folks from all over this country.

I have spent more time around the concept Camaros than most folks and I just can't square any thoughts about the preproduction exterior pix that have hit the net which find it not true to, or better than the concept.

Any bruhaha over the interior shots posted are NOT a valid basis to draw and post CONCLUSIVE declarations on this or any other forum. Love or hate the final product, not "rehearsal" shots STOLEN for an apparent moment of profit or ego gratification.

GM is, no doubt, willing to hear the good and bad reactions when they show the final product. However, it is counterproductive to them to have to put out fires that aren't burning. There's lots of money, jobs, and lifestyles at stake.

If people want to be insiders. If people want to be perceived as car sharp? Then act like it.

Draw conclusions when things are concluded. There's a reason football games are not "called" in the third quarter. It would not be fair.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 01-29-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 AM

Well, you'd better look me up.

I don't do beer much either. I had more than my fill of it in school. I do enjoy a Kettle One martini, straight up, though. Try ordering one of those in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Blue cheese olives? Wha?
I'm coming to Chicago my friend. Be there or accept the black Suburban treatment... Perhaps you can chug a couple of DPs, but make mine a nice wine or single malt.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:56 AM

I'm still trying convince my wife we need to go visit her friend in Indy this September. She's not keen on the idea of a roadtrip though... especially in the Camaro.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I'm still trying convince my wife we need to go visit her friend in Indy this September. She's not keen on the idea of a roadtrip though... especially in the Camaro.
Well..I'm doing all I can to be there... SO... tell her I would consider it a personal favor.

That should do it
Old 01-29-2008, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
I'm coming to Chicago my friend. Be there or accept the black Suburban treatment... Perhaps you can chug a couple of DPs, but make mine a nice wine or single malt.
Let me know when and where...
Old 01-29-2008, 04:21 PM

Let me know when and where...
Flying in next thursday. I'll be there for several days. McCormick

Quick Reply: The Real Camaro experience?