2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Philadelphia Auto Show - Camaro Enthusiasts Event

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 03:28 PM

Signed up. See you all there
Old 01-25-2007, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Let your friend go on Sunday and Monday.......we'd love to have you join us on Friday. (and let him be 'all about the name!'!!!!)
LOL Thanks. I think I may have talked him into going actually.

Problem is, he's the one that knows Philly. I'm lost if you get me out of my home area. heh I'm the poster child for needing GPS Navigation...

I'm going to try my darndest to go... Just have to get past the 'Business Attire' thing. LOL (Last time I wore anything that passed for 'Business Attire' was my younger brothers funeral last August...)

Question (for anyone that knows and I'm not sure how to word it)-

I assume this is an event where everyone is free to check out all the exhibits at the Auto Show? Not just GM's (not that I'm overly interested in anyone elses LOL)? I've never attended anyting like this, so apologize if that was a silly question.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:54 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Yes, we should have access to the entire show floor. Of course, if Scott sees anyone by the Mustangs, you will be whisked from the hall, shoved into a black Suburban, and never be heard from again.

You dont need to go overboard. Put on a pair of dockers, a collared shirt and tie, shoes, and youre good to go.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:12 PM

Worse than being over near the Mustangs is being within 50 ft. of the Toyota display!

Being wisked away in a black Suburban is nothing compared to what happens if you are anywhere near a foreign car manufacturers display!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by '99 SS
Worse than being over near the Mustangs is being within 50 ft. of the Toyota display!

Being wisked away in a black Suburban is nothing compared to what happens if you are anywhere near a foreign car manufacturers display!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

LOL No worries about checking out a Mustang here...

The Toyota display I can't promise anything though. The 2 people I have that may be interested in going (is the 1 guest limit set in stone? :::hopeful look:: aren't as faithful to American manufacturers as I am... 1 of them even drives a 1994 Camry at the moment. While the other said to me just the other night 'my next car might be a Toyota'. Needless to say I scowled at him. (He currently drives a 1999 Buick Regal and has owned only (used) GM cars so far... Hopefully we can keep it that way.) See, I need to bring both of them with me JUST to sway them away from the dreaded Toyota.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 PM

Too bad this isnt for Chicago, I'd be there.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Disciple

[QUOTE=EllwynX;4367592]LOL Thanks. I think I may have talked him into going actually.

Problem is, he's the one that knows Philly. I'm lost if you get me out of my home area. heh I'm the poster child for needing GPS Navigation...

The convention center is very easy to find. If you need help I'm sure someone be able to.....
Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM

http://www.phillyautoshow.com/directions.asp
Old 01-26-2007, 03:54 PM

I signed up, see you guys there!!
Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by EllwynX
LOL No worries about checking out a Mustang here...

The Toyota display I can't promise anything though. The 2 people I have that may be interested in going (is the 1 guest limit set in stone? :::hopeful look:: aren't as faithful to American manufacturers as I am... 1 of them even drives a 1994 Camry at the moment. While the other said to me just the other night 'my next car might be a Toyota'. Needless to say I scowled at him. (He currently drives a 1999 Buick Regal and has owned only (used) GM cars so far... Hopefully we can keep it that way.) See, I need to bring both of them with me JUST to sway them away from the dreaded Toyota.

Please introduce me to them..............

<evilgrin>

Memo to self: Need more black suburbans........
Old 01-29-2007, 08:26 AM

Hey Scott, you think I could sneak in my 5th gen poster and trouble you and Mr. Welburn for a signature?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:30 AM

Sign-up is ending Wednesday, January 31st at 10:00PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
Hey Scott, you think I could sneak in my 5th gen poster and trouble you and Mr. Welburn for a signature?
Bring it... I'm sure if you can get Scott to stand still for 5 seconds, he'd be glad to sign it for you.

I dont think Scott could speak on behalf of Mr Wellburn though. If you can get near Mr Wellburn, ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Please introduce me to them..............

<evilgrin>

Memo to self: Need more black suburbans........
Heh, if I get the chance it shall be done. LOL
Old 02-02-2007, 01:08 PM

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Scott and Mr Welburn.

I have to say, I've spoken with some so called "big wigs" in the auto industry, but the genuine passion they both have for all things Camaro is just amazing.

I almost wish there weren't so many other people there, because Ed is a guy I would love to share a beer with and just talk about Camaro all night.

Pics to come later on, gotta catch up on some work.

Quick Reply: Philadelphia Auto Show - Camaro Enthusiasts Event