2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Mr. Settlemire

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 05:52 AM

Paging Mr. Settlemire

Scott,

I searched through some past threads and found that the biggest F-Body market (sales wise) was in Texas. Just curious as to what was the top 5 markets in the 3rd and 4th gens were. Thank You For Your Time.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:35 PM

Re: Paging Mr. Settlemire

I can't give you exact numbers but, the largest sports car market is usually Texas, followed by California, and Florida. The large populations has a lot to do with it.

I'd wager for the F-body.

1. Texas
2. Florida
3. California
4. New York

Heck, look at the F-body message boards and see which states have their own forum in the "regional" sections.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:52 AM
West South Central Moderator

I have a feeling that weather and the size of the state have something to do with it also. Texas is the largest state in the lower 48 and generally has warmer weather through the year than northern states. California is also very large, has a large population and also has warmer weather through the year.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:24 PM

Hello, Illinois......

should be in there somewhere.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:01 PM

Dallas / the Metroplex has been the #1 Market the last few years
Old 02-05-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by AdioSS
I have a feeling that weather and the size of the state have something to do with it also. Texas is the largest state in the lower 48 and generally has warmer weather through the year than northern states. California is also very large, has a large population and also has warmer weather through the year.
Even with the F-body aftermarket . Its like Texas is a F-body haven , so many blistering fast expamples coming from there . Seems like Chicago is another densely populated F-body market . Check out MFBA.org sometime
Old 02-05-2006, 06:47 PM

The Canadian market isn't so big but I am aware of a couple shops in Edmonton and Vancouver that deal specifically in F-body parts and accessories.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:19 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

well......it's been a while, but as I recall, DFW is largest metro market.......Houston is second..........

Texas number one state.....with Florida as number two. (Cali lost that in about 1998......)

Strong markets for Camaro:

Phoenix
Denver (yup!)
Chicago
Long Island
Atlanta

There's a thing called a "BDI/CDI" report.

BDI meaning "Brand Development Index" and CDI "Category Development Index"

Category Index would indicate a market's tendency to purchase something based on the national average. For instance, if, say Detroit, MI has a CDI Sport Coupe Index of 120, it means that people purchase sport coupes 20 percent higher than the national average. BDI indicates what the individual brand does in the same market. For instance, if Camaro had a BDI of 138 in Detroit, it tells us that people buy a sport coupe at 20% higher than national average.....and Camaro at 38% higher than national average.

Texas BDI was very high....so are a lot of the warm weather states.........
Old 02-06-2006, 12:41 AM

Not surprising in Denver. It really does not snow that much here, the mountains may get hammered, but I haven't seen any snow at my house in almost 2 months.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:45 AM

Thanks everyone for answering my question. It's very much appreciated.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:01 PM

My guess is that if you have a high red neck population, muscle cars will be in high numbers as well. Don't get me wrong, that was NOT a slam. Look at my sig, I've had my share of them. Just an observation from someone whose spent his life in the south. I've lived in Texas, Georgia, S.Carolina, California and currently in Florida. And I think the warm weather (ie. no snow) makes rear wheel drive cars more popular. We don't need no stinking front wheel drive.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
well......it's been a while, but as I recall, DFW is largest metro market.......Houston is second..........

Texas number one state.....with Florida as number two. (Cali lost that in about 1998......)
Old 02-06-2006, 07:32 PM

I'm surprised Michigan isn't in there some where with how many FBodies we have in the Detroit area.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:08 AM

I'm surprised too, but when you look at the Solstice, Detrot and the metro areas do not have the foothold I would have thought.

Metro-Detroit goes more towards the volume products like now, well the Fusion. It's a hot seller and is doing great in Detroit and outer cities.

The Solstice while gets the looks....many lots around here still have them on the lots and are even starting to gather quite the collection, take a look around metro-Detroit meissenation.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather

Strong markets for Camaro:

Phoenix
Denver (yup!)
Chicago
Long Island
Atlanta
Thanks for the confirmation Scott. Living on Long Island, it's hard to go a day without passing tons of f-bodys. Although the ricers have a strong foothold, it's still Camaros, Firebirds and Mustangs that rule around here.

I'm going through withdrawl pains since selling my Z in October and can't wait to see the concept at the NY show. Better yet, I really can't wait for production confirmation...

Quick Reply: Paging Mr. Settlemire