2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Ordering a 5th Gen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 11:17 PM

Ordering a 5th Gen?

OK when the hell can I put in my order/reserve my spot for a new 5th gen camaro? My fiancee took delivery of her GT500 a few weeks ago (yes she was one of the lucky few). I want to settle the blueoval bowtie discussion in the house.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:21 PM

Re: Ordering a 5th Gen?

Originally Posted by Cooter_Z28
OK when the hell can I put in my order/reserve my spot for a new 5th gen camaro? My fiancee took delivery of her GT500 a few weeks ago (yes she was one of the lucky few). I want to settle the blueoval bowtie discussion in the house.

The GT500 is in production.

The 5th gen Camaro isn't.

The GT500 at on the autoshow circuit was a pre-production car.

The Camaro on the autoshow circuit was a "design idea" (a concept).

The GT500 has been under development by Ford for the past few years.

The Camaro for all intents and purposes has started just this year.

IF you are being factual when you say your fiancee took delivery of her GT500 (for my own reasons, I feel you are BS-ing us here... but I'll keep that to myself because I don't feel like checking on it today), you should completely enjoy that car with her because it's a hell of a ride, & she must be a hell of a gal and I'd say she's a keeper.

I say this because I know what markups are running, she must be both pretty well off and a absolute fanatic about Shelbys & Mustangs (and really knows and is more into real high performance cars than 90% of the male population) to go through getting the thing. She is buying one of the 1st off the line, so she must have previously had or missed ordering the last supercharged SVT Mustang Cobras because those are the people who got 1st crack at ordering the new ones. Or else she is such a hard core performance addict or so into race cars (Cobras and GT500s are essentially stiff clutched racing cars) that she is willing to put up $50,000 plus to get one with current average markups.

Female GT500 buyers will probally be able to hold a meeting around a card table, since cars like these only attract 5% or less female buyers, right up there with female Viper owners.

The new Ford Mustang GT500 will be at least a couple of years old by the time the 5th gen Camaro comes out, and will be (again at minimum) 3-4 years old before you can order a comparable Camaro. But by then, the GT500 will probally be pumping out 600 horsepower or more.

Car makers don't stand still, you know.

Last edited by guionM; 05-21-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:53 PM

If Scott says the Z28(Or whatever the hell the top model is) is already on proving grounds, I see no reason why it would be pushed a year passed a launch of the entire lineup.

That is, of course, he's talking about the top model specifically, and not the Camaro in general.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cooter_Z28
Ahh hell I will do it, I call BS on having a GT500 a few weeks ago. Pics or no belief, also delivery of such a sweet ride should have made it into the lounge or future vehicles forums for sure.

Also to quote this article

The Ford Shelby GT500 won’t hit dealers’ showrooms until this summer...
The ebay GT500s clearly state that the car isn't even out yet.

Example 1
To quote this one:
This vehicle has been assigned a VIN number as you can see and is scheduled to be built on June 5th which means that the vehicle should be delivered to our dealership sometime in the last 10 days of June
This one gets delivered next month.

Another saying it won't be delivered yet.
Unlike Some Of The Mustang Shelby GT's That Are Listed On Ebay, Our Vehicle Is Guaranteed To Be Delivered To Our Dealership By June 5, 2006!
So the BS flag has been shown. Just admit the car hasn't been delivered yet
Old 05-21-2006, 06:37 PM

For the right amount of money, you can get one before the dealers get it, but it is highly unlikely that a female would be that person.

However....the Camaro look is starting to look old to me again. I've seen it too much for too long or something I guess. And now that the GT500 and the Challenger are gonna hit the market before then...it looks like GM is gonna be late to the party again...
Even for the hi performance cars, we're gonna get the GT500, then hi-po challenger, then the Z/28...by that time, the Z/28 is gonna be competing with the next generation Challenger and GT500s (or whatever they name the next hi-po mustang).

Anyone remember how fast the Ford GT was designed from scratch?
The first meeting over the 5th gen was held in the late 1990's...and they have talked about it on and off since. It's kind of messed up that its gonna take so long. They really should't of even shown that car. Because like I said when I first saw it, by the time the thing is agailable for sale, its gonna looke like an old sn95.

Last edited by number77; 05-21-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by number77
For the right amount of money, you can get one before the dealers get it, but it is highly unlikely that a female would be that person.
Meh. If you can spend well over 50k with no fuss you were either born into money, made a huge amount of it, or married money a large amount. Males are only more likely in the second catergory.

However....the Camaro look is starting to look old to me again. I've seen it too much for too long or something I guess.
Stop looking at it.

And now that the GT500 and the Challenger are gonna hit the market before then...it looks like GM is gonna be late to the party again...
There arent gonna be that many of either on the road, especially when they are new.

Even for the hi performance cars, we're gonna get the GT500, then hi-po challenger, then the Z/28...by that time, the Z/28 is gonna be competing with the next generation Challenger and GT500s (or whatever they name the next hi-po mustang).
The only car that will probably be even freshened by 08-09 will be the Mustang. Unless something fairly concrete has said the date will be much later.

Anyone remember how fast the Ford GT was designed from scratch?
The first meeting over the 5th gen was held in the late 1990's...and they have talked about it on and off since. It's kind of messed up that its gonna take so long. They really should't of even shown that car. Because like I said when I first saw it, by the time the thing is agailable for sale, its gonna looke like an old sn95.
The GT is a low volume car. It has no budget compared to a comparison car, doesen't have to be made to appeal to 90% of the buying public, and probably for innumerable other reasons isn't a fair comparison.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:31 PM

i think im going to keep on waiting. definately would not even consider a dodge. wouldnt buy a mustang no matter how desperate i was for a new sports car. only thing that kills me about this is. the tahoe was completely redesigned and released. yet we have nothing .

Last edited by nas-T-72z; 05-21-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:40 PM

Tahoes make more money than Camaros. A lot more.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:46 AM

If you want, you can send a $5,000 Deposit to

Big Al's Camaro Fund
107 Lakeview Dr
Ocean Twp, NJ 07712

kidding, but you still could cut me a check if the money is burning a hole in your pocket.