2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

OK...part 2- what special edition Camaros would you like to see.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Guys, I've touched on this before... the Yenko name is trademarked, and the former Yenko Chevrolet is now Yenko Honda.

Drop the idea already, please?
Well that's no damn fun now is it?

Screw it then, let's come up with a brand-new modern day special edition Camaro....

I'm thinking of an all-black, villian type of Camaro...something that could be the "evil car" in an action movie....

What would be it's name.....??
Old 05-24-2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Lets see if we can come up with new names or name never used for the Camaro special cars.

How about Panther. This was a working name from the past never used.

You've obviously never heard of the "Black Panther" Camaros packaged by Gorries Chevrolet in Toronto.

Black with gold accents. Extremely rare.

http://www.classiccar.com/black_panther1.asp
Old 05-24-2007, 11:12 AM

You've obviously never heard of the "Black Panther" Camaros packaged by Gorries Chevrolet in Toronto.

Nope, never heard of them.....until now. Very good read

.....and I think I like the sound and look of that... a lot!!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:25 PM

Does that come with the Eldridge Clever autograph on the dash?

I don't thing Chevy will name a car a Black Panther since the same name was used for a large violent radical political group in the 70's. Though it would be retro it would be retro though and a big seller in the LA Watts area.

You have a better chance at a Pink Panther than the Black.

I think it would be best to stick just with Panther.

How about we just spell out Super Sport and Rally Sport on the front fender like Chevy used to on many cars.

Last edited by hyperv6; 05-24-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:46 PM

How about we just spell out Super Sport and Rallye Sport on the front fender like Chevy used to on many cars.
That would be "Rally Sport".
Old 05-24-2007, 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=jg95z28;4622137]That would be "Rally Sport". [/QUOTE

Fix! Now Get some sleep!

Last edited by hyperv6; 05-24-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:59 PM

Indy Pace Car
Yenko (Yenko Honda )
ZL1
1LE
Old 05-25-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by cook_dw
I haven't read through all the posts so if this has been said then forgive me.

Just a thought but what about using the Panther name on a special edition one?
Ford used the name on the Crown Victoria-Mercury Grand Marquis-Lincoln Town Car platform.

Going back to the original thread starter, there has been alot of reference to Yenko and other historical Camaros that were the result of private entities, that no doubt have trademarks, and or known ONLY via hardcore Chevy enthusiasts.

Mustang has a deep well of special edition cars in it's history that came from Ford itself.

I think if anyone is going to reach back to past Camaros to create special editions, we might want to stick to what actually came out of Chevrolet... and admittedly, the pickings are pretty slim.

What special edition Camaros have actually come from GM over Camaro's history?

The only ones I can think of is the 1LE, ZL1, or the B4C.
(none of which have catchy names or any meaning to the public the way Bullitt, Mach1, Boss, Shelby, or the scattering of other names that appeared over the years on cars coming off Ford's assembly line.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:15 PM

I agree with this previous post:

"SS model with the base V8 and full power/luxury options." as long as the base V8 is the 6.2. It should be the base V8 in an SS anyway....
Old 05-25-2007, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by guionM

Other than "pace cars" and "anniversary" editions, none immediately come to my mind. I wouldn't count 1LE, ZL1 or B4C either as they were nothing more than RPO designations... but then so was Z28.

IDK, should we be including IROCs in the equation?
Old 05-26-2007, 03:45 AM

Other than "pace cars" and "anniversary" editions, none immediately come to my mind. I wouldn't count 1LE, ZL1 or B4C either as they were nothing more than RPO designations... but then so was Z28.

IDK, should we be including IROCs in the equation?
I think so. It has a good sound to it and it's probably the only one the general public will recognize.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
Ford used the name on the Crown Victoria-Mercury Grand Marquis-Lincoln Town Car platform.

Going back to the original thread starter, there has been alot of reference to Yenko and other historical Camaros that were the result of private entities, that no doubt have trademarks, and or known ONLY via hardcore Chevy enthusiasts.

Mustang has a deep well of special edition cars in it's history that came from Ford itself.

I think if anyone is going to reach back to past Camaros to create special editions, we might want to stick to what actually came out of Chevrolet... and admittedly, the pickings are pretty slim.

(none of which have catchy names or any meaning to the public the way Bullitt, Mach1, Boss, Shelby, or the scattering of other names that appeared over the years on cars coming off Ford's assembly line.
Sounds like a good time to make history vs reliving it.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:13 AM

Sounds like a good time to make history vs reliving it.

Good answer!
Old 05-26-2007, 11:25 AM

i think a bumblebee edition would be cool. i agree it shouldnt be like you are driving a billboard for the movie around.. anything transformers related would be subtle.. like autobot logos on the center caps of the wheels and the steering wheel..

the color and stripe package should be exclusive to the BB edition.. and it should have upgraded suspension, different wheels, maybe an upgraded intake and exhaust... a more agressive tune...

overall not a very expensive special edition over a base V8 camaro.. but a unique car
Old 05-26-2007, 12:02 PM

Truth be told, I'm not that into this whole special edition thing for the Camaro. I don't know, it sort of dilutes the focus of the rest of the line up, IMO. Also, as we've seen in this thread, once you get past RS, SS, Z/28 - there aint a whole lot more Camaro heritage names to fall back on. Okay maybe ZL1 and IROC-Z. But I'd doubt that GM wants to pay for the IROC name, and as the original owner of an IROC-Z, I really have no yearning to see it come back.

BTW, even though I haven't seen the movie (obviously), I can't even imagine myself going into a Chevy dealer and plopping down my hard earned cash for a Camaro Transformer Bumblebee Edition. Not a chance. Perhaps my eleven year old might - unfortunately, he is not gainfully employed.

Quick Reply: OK...part 2- what special edition Camaros would you like to see.....