2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Official Dallas Auto Show Report!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 03:37 PM

Official Dallas Auto Show Report!

First off I want to thank Scott, Billy and everyone else I met last night at GM for putting this on for us. I had an exceptionally great time! Thanks for picking up our tab for the drinks and auto show tickets. I just think it’s so amazing that there are people at such a huge company that will take the time to do something special for their customers.

The unveiling wasn’t quite as grand as the one in Detroit (no parade), but it wasn’t a bit less exciting. We were all let in the exhibit hall about 5:30 and headed over to the Chevy section. The Camaro was covered when we walked up but had two very cool cars sitting next two it. There were a 2002 and a 1967 matching yellow Berger SS Camaro’s. We watched the introduction video that was played in Detroit, Scott said a few words and then the cover came off.

Now I know it’s been said here many times….But the pictures online don’t even compare to seeing this car in person. It is pure sex on wheels in person. Every line on this car is just perfect. I honestly can’t say anything bad about it after seeing it in person. The proportions now that I have seen them in 3-D all look so ideal. My only hang up still is the dash in the interior. Now I still have to say the interior overall looks even cooler in person, I’d still like to see the dash look a bit more modern and similar to the C6’s dash.

This car will be a huge success when it goes into production. Now while there were not any official announcements last night (I have a feeling it has something to do with Delphi and GM’s current gloomy situation), everyone I spoke to from GM talk liked it was obviously going to be approved. But again no one said anything that we can put in concrete but I got some smiles….I like to read between the lines.

I did hear they took the concept out around Dallas earlier this week for some promotional pictures and video.

So if you saw it driving around Monday night, your not crazy, that really was the Camaro concept

It was also great that we pretty much had the entire auto show to ourselves with free booze!

That defiantly beats going on a Saturday with 200k other people and little kids running around.

Oh the Challenger just looks sad too…. I walked over to it just to say I saw it….Even my 49 year old Dad who really isn’t a car guy said it looked too retro and boring compared to the Camaro…

Overall I have to say it was well worth the 2 ½ hour drive from school. It was real great to talk to Scott again and meet some other guys from GM. I was there till almost 10 just hanging out.

I also got to fix Scotts phone, he does a great job with Camaro but has trouble with technology apparently….

I’ve got a few pics to post but I’ll have to do that after I get out of class….I’m off right now but I should be back around 530.

Last edited by stars1010; 04-06-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:29 PM

Re: Official Dallas Auto Show Report!

So Scott was tearing up the local strip Monday night huh? Sounds like the Scott we all know and love making the oldest of women blush, and the fastest of Mustangs quiver!
Old 04-05-2006, 04:33 PM

Yes, big thanks to Scott and the others that allowed us to get in and took care of all the expenses. I was also wondering if we could reuse the ticket we recieved later this week.

The Camaro was awesome and I came away with the same feelings about the Challenger. Once you see the Camaro the Challenger just looks boring, not bad, just very plain.

On a funny note, I have a pic of the $600,000 Saleen S7 with a big spot of bird poo on the hood.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:17 PM

Ok here are a few of my pics........

Before the cover was taken off:

Scott giving a short speech:

The unveiling!!!

Nice Shot:

Dustin (DWray) and myself

My Dad and me

The '02 Berger
Old 04-05-2006, 05:22 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by stars1010
I also got to fix Scotts phone, he does a great job with Camaro but has trouble with technology apparently….
what did he do to it NOW?

Old 04-05-2006, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by chrisL
what did he do to it NOW?

He couldn’t figure out how to make it vibrate
Old 04-05-2006, 05:29 PM

I think the Bergers were a 1969 and a 2000, not a '67 and an '02. lol I recognize you and your friend. I went with my mom, perhaps you'd remember seeing us.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:32 PM

Truly was a great night. Scott, Stefan, Dustin, and everyone else I met last night, it was great to meet you all, hope to meet up at some events this summer.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I think the Bergers were a 1969 and a 2000, not a '67 and an '02. lol I recognize you and your friend. I went with my mom, perhaps you'd remember seeing us.
I remember your car in the lot!
Old 04-05-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Oh I honestly didnt look at the model year for the Berger's, so I just guessed

Yeah I remember seeing you, and BTW thats my silver GTP in the back ground of this pic.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:39 PM

The '02 Berger
Thats nice, I didn't get to see that at the Chicago auto show.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:21 PM

That 2000 Berger SS was flawless. It was really impressive and a unique color too. I was really excited to see it. I got a few great shots of it I'll share this weekend.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:43 PM

Nice pics. I just got home, so I'll upload mine eventually.

Who's nappy hair is that in the bottom left of the unveiling picture?

Old 04-05-2006, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by DWray
Nice pics. I just got home, so I'll upload mine eventually.

Who's nappy hair is that in the bottom left of the unveiling picture?

Ha ha....you kept getting in the way, so I just took the pic

Hey later can you send me some of the pic of me you took?
Old 04-05-2006, 06:54 PM

Hey later can you send me some of the pic of me you took?
You narcissistic bastard.

Quick Reply: Official Dallas Auto Show Report!