2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Rate the Camaro Concept on a Scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest
34.34%
30.48%
18.62%
5.79%
2.90%
2.34%
1.38%
0.83%
0.97%
2.34%
Voters: 725. You may not vote on this poll

OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:54 PM

Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Retro baby.... GM finally does something right after 99% boring models from them....

Nothing like 1st gen styling cues....

Old 01-09-2006, 05:02 PM

Build it and I will buy it.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:20 PM

I gave it an 8 for two reasons,

#1 While I love the mostly heritage cues on the exterior of the car the Retro interior is just a big turn off to me. Whether or not that makes production, I really just think modern cars need modern interiors. For example I would never consider the new Mustang because of its recessed gauges and lack of ingenuity. Don’t make this mistake GM, look at the C6 its interior is beautiful!

#2 While I love most of the lines on the car (especially around the B pillar where the green house meets the quarter panel, ooooh so awesome!) I’m still going to need some warming up to the front end. However this is not a deal killer for me at all seeing how I know this area of the car can easily be tailored by production time. And I’d also like to see a few variations of the exhaust pipes, those did not thrill me either right off the bat.

Other than that I see this car as a pure winner and myself in one in a few years!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:29 PM

awesome... the first car gm's come out with since 93 that makes me want to got out and buy a new car.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:36 PM

I hate how unaerodynamic the front end is, and I hate the tail lights. The tail lights look incredibly stupid and kitcarish, and reguarding the front end, the car looks stupid from a 3/4 view. It is just too square and boxy.

I want something more aerodynamic, fix the front end by rounding those INSANELY sharp corners (I've seen duller corners on cardboard boxes!) up front and get rid of that stupid lower bumper/spoiler that looks like crap and I'd probably put my order in next year at the local Chevy dealer. I want the car to look like a Camaro, not an Infiniti or BMW with a body kit. Aerodynamics please...

Related note: This concept reminds me of the reason all those old hot rodders used to put bigger tires/wheels on the rear wheels to jack the car up in the back... it's because they looked kind of lame sitting flat. The 4th gens don't look stupid sitting flat, so how about a front end that isn't so darn big?
Old 01-09-2006, 05:49 PM

Gave it a 8...

Front Grill - This has been beaten like a dead horse, but it just doesn't look clean. I would prefer totally blacked out w/ hidden headlights (that could be an option), or at least tone down the "egg crates". You could also keep the headlights exposed w/ a blacked out grill w/ crome trim around the outside of the grill. Myself and three of my buddies like most everything about the car, but the common dislike was the grill design.

Taillights - I think they look alright, but they could be better. I would like to see one taillight on each side, divided into two sections (think 67-68).

Interior - I am not really feeling the dashboard/middle console, at all. I know the Mustang's dashboard is retro, as is the Challenger's, but the square w/ round inner guages just doesn't sit right with me. I would much prefer the round guages like the 67-68's had but modern (I guess kinda like the Mercedes SL's guages).

Wheels - I think they look GREAT, but I don't know how well two different size wheels are gonna go over when the majority of Camaro owners when they can't rotate tires front/back/side to side, so I guess 16's or 17's all around will be standard.

Overall I thought the car was great. Side profile was perfect, and I mean perfect. The front looks flat from the front, but from the side it has a slight slant. Rear quarters are awesome, great look. The front "intake" seems kinda out of place, but it's not too bad, I would prefer it removed.

Last questions:

Are the rear windows going to roll down on the production hardtop??

And, can I get drilled/slotted rotors on mine in late 2008, perhaps that should be part of the top performance optioned Z28 kinda like the Z51 package for the Vette or the almighty Z06?
Old 01-09-2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I want the car to look like a Camaro, not an Infiniti or BMW with a body kit.
How many BMWs and Infinitys have you seen that look like this concept???

The crisp lines of the car are a slam dunk. Very attractive and distinctive. The 3rd gen had sharp lines, as did the 69 that this car emulates.

My only real change would be the change to the grill (and possible hideaway headlights) like Kris Horton's new chop.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:29 PM

GM finaly builds a Camaro other than the 1st Gen that I would buy again.

Gave it a solid 9.

First I would bluge the front fenders out slightly

I would make the tail lights one peice Either 67-68 or 69 Though the 4th gen Vette tail lights are growing on me a little.

Interior is irrelevent at this point because that flashy gold stuff isnt going to make it, but Im not sure I like the 67-68 seperate gauges. Those gauges infront of the stick look cool in white.

Thats it.

The 69 Grille is a must. I love the recessed 69 exposed headlights. 3rd gen fans calling for hideaway headlights need to understand thats the RS option which I believe was demoted to the base car in later years. That means the base car cannot be called RS as there are hideaway headlight RS SS cars. Not a big deal...

Functioning Shark gills from 69 Camaro also seen on Porsche Carrera...

The window lines of 1st gen are a must as well. Short doors again with the bottom 1/4 window lines turn head with those windows down.

The back window is better than any year and I didnt think that was possible. 1st gen from the side stretched to a fastback, 3rd gen rear window with the deck lid gives it a Testerosa rear look from the top. The car has a trunk again!

The engine isnt under the windshield!!!!!!!

The front has more of a raptor beak on it than I thought. It looks like its going to friken eat someone. Two coworkers are already asking when they are taking deposits. If finances permit and production doesnt loose the 69 in it this is me...
Old 01-09-2006, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
The 69 Grille is a must. I love the recessed 69 exposed headlights. 3rd gen fans calling for hideaway headlights need to understand thats the RS option which I believe was demoted to the base car in later years. That means the base car cannot be called RS as there are hideaway headlight RS SS cars. Not a big deal...
There were RS/SS cars, RS/Z28 cars and pure RS cars.

Hideaway headlights should be considered by GM. Cleans things up nicely.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:47 PM

i'd buy it today!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
There were RS/SS cars, RS/Z28 cars and pure RS cars.

Hideaway headlights should be considered by GM. Cleans things up nicely.
Ive seen the 69 RS Z28 but honestly I never knew if they came like that or people put Z28 emblems on other RS cars.

It would be a neat option, but I was just pointing out that RS would mean hideaway headlights the way it was 1st gen, not base V8 like Ive seen many post. I guess 3rd gen RS ment entry V8
Old 01-09-2006, 07:35 PM

I have only a few issues with it. The rear end seems way to high and scrunched up, as if it it's been rear ended. This picture below shows how the fender just seems to keep going up. It makes me think of an old Cadillac with tail fins. Also , the rear end in general seems to me the least Camaro of all, but if it were'nt so high up I suppose that may not bother me as much.

The other thing really is minor but stands out with me. The way the top edge of the hood where it and the grill meet has a slant about it that makes the front seem less sleek and more full and boxy. This picture shows how the fender crease flows around to the front, and just takes away from the overall smoothness, though thats probably just something that bugs me. Also, as others have stated, the grill is slightly meh.

As far as the interior goes,and everything else, I really really love it, then again, I have a '67 rs. Bottom line, I love it overall and am looking foward to driving it off the lot.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:36 PM

I gave it an 8, but that is only for the exterior. Something about the front end doesn't seem just right (I am not sure what exactly). I don't really like the tail lights or exahaust tips. In general, this concept is more retro than I was hoping for, but I do like the aggressive look and stance that this car has.

Now for the interior, I would honestly give this a 2 or lower. I think it is down right horrible. The interior should be modern, and functional with a nice sportly look and good build quality. There has never been a camaro with a nice interior; There is nothing about past generation interiors that needs to be brought back. GM, I beg you to scrap this entire interior design and start over!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:41 PM

Looks awesome

I wasn't totally enamored with the air inlet above the grille but its starting to grow on me.

What about reversing the intake and pulling air from the back via functional cowl induction hood scoop with doors similar to the 80 Z/28. I had an 80 Z/28 back in the day and I used to love hearing the "thwack" as the doors opend up and the secondaries opened up (I know those days are over but it will sound horny)

T-tops are a must.

It would be nice if you could put a 5.3 as an option in the base model.

Z/28 should be the top model and it should be easily distinguished from the base camaro.

Rear end is OK, would rather see some round taillights like the ones on my 73 Z/28

As someone who drag races, bring the gauges up from the console and put them all together and the tach should always be on the right side with the speedo on the left (personal preference) and put the HUD option in as well.

Engine cover looks great, good work.

Overall great concept, now the sooner the better on a production version!!

Uncle Marc
Old 01-09-2006, 07:47 PM

Thumbs up Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

I LOVE it! I want one in red... with T-tops, which I have on my '97.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll