2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: Evil robot Mustang from Transformers to punish and enslave the Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by number77
That Bb says "454".....
i believe that's the license plate :P
Old 12-08-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
As long as they don't turn Bumblebee into Mr Slave.
Je..Jesus Chrissst!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:31 PM

What Im asking is what types of "rights" does GM have to this movie. Distribution ? Toys? Or do you mean they are "Official suppliers" of Autobot vehicles?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by CAMAROJOE
What Im asking is what types of "rights" does GM have to this movie. Distribution ? Toys? Or do you mean they are "Official suppliers" of Autobot vehicles?
I dont know if "rights" is the right word......looks to me like the have a marketing agreement.........
Old 12-08-2006, 09:06 PM

Thats what Im thinking too, at the most. It kinda read like GM was getting in the movie business.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:31 PM

Sorry, yeah. What I meant, but said it rather poorly is they're the official supplier, at least from what I hear.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:59 AM

I've been following the movie for over 3 years (I'm a huge transformers fan from back in the day when I was 10)

GM made a deal where all the regular autobots would use GM vehicles. That's as far as it goes. It's nothing bigger than GM or Ford in other movies, where they licence the use of one of their cars for the main character to drive, or something along those lines. Of course, the cars transform here so it's a BIT more important, but it's the same idea.

They don't have any rights to anything. They just got the moviemakers to use GM vehicles for the good guys. The decepticons aren't bound to anything like that, and Barricade is a Mustang specifically because of the old GM/Ford rivalry. Barricade is pretty evenly matched against Bumblebee in the movie as well, as in real life.

It's not surprizing at all. The director, Micheal Bay, is a GM fan (he put the Cien in his latest movie, The Island, remember?). He's also directed a few GM commercials. He's just using past relationships to get cheap licenses to use for the vehicles.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by boxerperson
I've been following the movie for over 3 years (I'm a huge transformers fan from back in the day when I was 10)

GM made a deal where all the regular autobots would use GM vehicles. That's as far as it goes. It's nothing bigger than GM or Ford in other movies, where they licence the use of one of their cars for the main character to drive, or something along those lines. Of course, the cars transform here so it's a BIT more important, but it's the same idea.

They don't have any rights to anything. They just got the moviemakers to use GM vehicles for the good guys. The decepticons aren't bound to anything like that, and Barricade is a Mustang specifically because of the old GM/Ford rivalry. Barricade is pretty evenly matched against Bumblebee in the movie as well, as in real life.

It's not surprizing at all. The director, Micheal Bay, is a GM fan (he put the Cien in his latest movie, The Island, remember?). He's also directed a few GM commercials. He's just using past relationships to get cheap licenses to use for the vehicles.
Sweet. Should be a good movie.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by boxerperson

Finally someone cleared that up.

Thank you!

I am definitely looking forward to this movie