2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: Ed Peper on Volt and Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Automated News Poster

Arrow NEWS: Ed Peper on Volt and Camaro

By Bill Betts GM Blogs Manager

The Chevrolet Volt "...is not hype...we're going to get there...," says Chevrolet General Manager Ed Peper at the Chicago Auto Show. Peper talks optimistically about plans to develop the Volt concept vehicle into a production vehicle during an interview with Matt Kelly of Podtech.net. Peper also explains why he thinks customers are going to be surprised by the affordability of the stylish next generation Chevrolet Camaro.

More...
Old 02-19-2007, 04:44 PM

Here's a link to the video clip of the interview:

http://www.podtech.net/home/technolo...olt-and-camaro
Old 02-19-2007, 08:44 PM

You'd be surprised how many people I've met (non-enthusiasts) think it will cost $40k just from looking at it.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
You'd be surprised how many people I've met (non-enthusiasts) think it will cost $40k just from looking at it.

Lol... I wouldn't be suprised because I have encountered a fair number as well. People ask me when i plan on getting rid of my truck and I tell them that I am holding out until the new Camaro is released. They all say the same thing... are you sure you want to spend over $40,000 on a car?

I just laugh.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Casull
Lol... I wouldn't be suprised because I have encountered a fair number as well. People ask me when i plan on getting rid of my truck and I tell them that I am holding out until the new Camaro is released. They all say the same thing... are you sure you want to spend over $40,000 on a car?

I just laugh.
Same here. People always comment how expensive it's going to be.

I just don't understand why. Most people know Mustang and Camaro are in the same 'market'. Why would they assume the Camaro's going to start over $30,000 while the Mustang can be affordable???
Old 02-19-2007, 10:37 PM

...like this douche
Skip to about 3:10 remaining if you wanna listen to his thoughts on pricing.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by ImportedRoomate
...like this douche
Wow, you hit the nail right on the head.... someone needs to teach him a little something about credibility.... Its called use sourced for your "data"....
Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 PM

...like this douche
Wow. I don't think any of my friends can afford 40K plus for a car. Maybe the top dog car will cost that much fully optioned. But, since when is the market for these cars for drivers 16-24?

But yes, all opinions based on opinions. No sources or facts.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:21 PM

...like this douche
Wow the ignorance of that video is appalling. I mean I can find something wrong with just about every statement he made. I mean everything……I don’t even know where to start. My head hurts now…….
Old 02-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Admin Emeritus

I watched that clip just posted.

It is nice to see someone who is seemingly concerned about things, but I think he needs to do some research before he spouts off like that.

He should also turn off the fish tank or waterfall or whatever was running the background...I wanted to take a leak through the whole clip.

But back to the first post...I met Ed Peper a couple of times and I can't say enough nice things about him. He's a real enthusiast and a damn straight shooter from what I can tell. At the convertible unveiling, he was visibly more amped up than a lot of the hardcore enthusiasts there and that is no exaggeration. If he says the price will be surprisingly affordable, then I believe him. I have posted many times that it will be within $500 of a similarly equipped Mustang and this fortifies my thoughts on it. Anyone who says that the Camaro will be 50 grand needs to look up because the sky is falling.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:26 PM

The douche Kid makes a good point. Consider a decent Impala goes out the door for about $22,000. Why would a Camaro not sell for under $25,000? See Mustangs with stickers over $27,000. Sure don't see the kids working at Pizza Hut buying them.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by tom2
The douche Kid makes a good point. Consider a decent Impala goes out the door for about $22,000. Why would a Camaro not sell for under $25,000? See Mustangs with stickers over $27,000. Sure don't see the kids working at Pizza Hut buying them.
Very true, however you don't see kids working at Pizza Hut buying the $22,000 Impala (I am sorry to say) and you surely won't see a $40k or $50k Camaro.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:55 PM

You will be able to get a V6 for that kind of price. Base Mustang is $19995. You will be able to get one for under 25k. You will also see the top dog car for north of 30k. I am not sure what the kids at Pizza Hut refers to. Kids at Pizza Hut would also like Corvettes. Not going to happen. But they could an entry V6 if they saved every penny.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Plague
You will be able to get a V6 for that kind of price. Base Mustang is $19995. You will be able to get one for under 25k. You will also see the top dog car for north of 30k. I am not sure what the kids at Pizza Hut refers to. Kids at Pizza Hut would also like Corvettes. Not going to happen. But they could an entry V6 if they saved every penny.
Sorry, thinking of the old days when young guys with about any job could buy a Camaro or Chevelle with a real engine. Actually a really nice musclecar was cheaper than an Impala back then. Today you see a new Mustang GT, SSR pickup or such, some gray haired guy like me behind the wheel. Thank goodness for used Camaros.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Sorry, thinking of the old days when young guys with about any job could buy a Camaro or Chevelle with a real engine. Actually a really nice musclecar was cheaper than an Impala back then.
Ain't that the truth and a crying shame at the same time. Now it is unfortunately an entirely different world.

Quick Reply: NEWS: Ed Peper on Volt and Camaro