2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: Chevy Camaro Convertible Concept rolls into Detroit early

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

Hubba hubba! I think I'm in love again...this car just keeps getting better!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Us "old schooler's" are just the opposite....windshield frames are supposed to be chrome / SS...painted makes the car look incomplete with the top down.
Agreed.

I just may have to bag the whole idea of a Z/28 super Camaro if this color combination is available on the product SS convertible.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by hsyr
Anyone else notice the LS2 on the cover where the intake manifold is? Don't know if the engine has been confirmed but this might put an end to the LS3 or 6.2L debate
As mentioned......way too early. You know that the concept said LS2 as well, right? And if you asked GM what was in the concept, they would tell you LS2..it's no secret. That in no way is related to the production version, except for the fact that they will have V8 options.

Originally Posted by Northstar
I think it looks great, though the color combo is not the best.

Check out these colors I made:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...0&#entry235441
IMO, GM chose the right colors to debut it in. The hugger orange(?) and dark gunmetal is perfect. That one blue one you have there isn't bad though...
Old 01-04-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by fredmr39
IMO, GM chose the right colors to debut it in. The hugger orange(?) and dark gunmetal is perfect. That one blue one you have there isn't bad though...

Its like GM is speaking to me... I always wanted a convertible Camaro. My first Camaro was hugger orange with parchment (white) interior. This freakin' concept is screaming at me man!!!

BTW... I absolutely love the direction the interior has taken. Put it in production as is!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by hsyr
Anyone else notice the LS2 on the cover where the intake manifold is? Don't know if the engine has been confirmed but this might put an end to the LS3 or 6.2L debate
The LS2 will not be in the production Camaro, so the debate is infact over.

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Us "old schooler's" are just the opposite....windshield frames are supposed to be chrome / SS...painted makes the car look incomplete with the top down.
I guess there's some truth to that "Old Skoolers" thought. I love the chrome windshield frame.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:51 PM

Im not an old schooler and I LOVE the aluminum looking windsheid frame . Like was said earlier , it looks much more upscale . I would hope it is real aluminum though and not silver painted like on the cheaper solstices and sky .
Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 PM

Love the stainless winshield frame. Perfect for this car.
Love all the stainless trim on the car (especially around the base of the winshield). Very period.
Love the redlines.
Love the seat belt buckles. 'Bout time they got rid of the boring seat belt buckles.
LOVE the parchment interior. Again, period perfect.

These new Camaro concepts are undoubtably the best design GM has come up with since 1969!! Without a doubt!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:15 PM

Not a vert fan but i would be willing to conVert for this car. Oh God that pun was terrible.

But seriously, these pics really reveal the absurdly small amount of legroom in the back seat. Hopefully the coupes will be able to gain a few inches.

Doesn't matter, i'll still buy one anyway. =D
Old 01-04-2007, 07:18 PM

The car looks great as it always has but I was sort of hoping for more production, or at least where they are going with it, style. Otherwise I really like the color combination. I do hope they offer stripes in 2009.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
Im not an old schooler and I LOVE the aluminum looking windsheid frame . Like was said earlier , it looks much more upscale . I would hope it is real aluminum though and not silver painted like on the cheaper solstices and sky .

I dunno, I just don't see it. It sticks out like a sore thumb to me instead of melding with the rest of the vehicle.

But since I don't actually want a convertible it's a total non-issue for me.

Besides, even if I did, it'd be silver so it'd match anyway.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 PM

I'd like to see someone photoshop a few different color combos. Mind you, the following colors are Pontiac's names for the colors. I don't know what Chevy's names were for the same colors. But here goes:

Limelight Green with gold stripes and with black stripes.
Warwick Blue with white stripes, black stripes, and with silver stripes.
Antique Gold with no stripes and with black stripes.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by NewsBot
GM unfortunately didn't release any pics with the top so we can't judge the new silhouette
does the concept even have a top? do concept cars normaly? I had heard i think in another thread that it wouldnt have an actual top.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:43 PM

GORGEOUS CAR dont like the rims to bling bling. but well get one annyway
Old 01-04-2007, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by roypenneyz
dont like the rims to bling bling.
Really??? Of course you'd buy one anyway...they're the rims of a concept car who knows what options we will have. But I think I actually really like the rims of this concept. I don't see the bling in anything but size maybe, other than that, I love the bowtie in the middle, the lugs, how just the "edges" are polished while the rest is a brushed or matte like finish, and of course the pinstripe. The rims aren't really all that overdone (besides size) for a production car IMO. I would like to see some anniversary or special edition package available that would include things like the pinstripes on the wheels in this concept.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:41 PM

I did a 5 minute photoshop of Yellow and black. It's not the best, but you get the point of it.

Quick Reply: NEWS: Chevy Camaro Convertible Concept rolls into Detroit early