2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: 2016 Chevy Camaro makes camo'd appearance in Germany

Old 09-29-2014, 03:30 PM
Automated News Poster

Arrow NEWS: 2016 Chevy Camaro makes camo'd appearance in Germany

Filed under: Spy Photos, Coupe, Performance, Chevrolet

After our initial round of spy photos revealed a heavily camouflaged prototype of the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, we've been on the lookout for anything new on the next-gen muscle car. And now, we have it.

This is the best look we've had of the 2016 Camaro yet, and while it may be wearing a Michigan manufacturer's plate, this tester is zipping about on Germany's Nürburgring. As with our first batch of photos, this appears to be a more potent version of the Camaro, potentially an SS 1LE or ZL1, judging by the power bulge in the hood, the quadruple exhausts, the meaty wheels and a significant rear spoiler.

Aside from those items, most of which were available in the July round of photos, our spies point to an even slimmer roofline, which leads into a smaller rear decklid and a rounded rear end. Out front, we can see an evolution of the current Camaro's wide, narrow grille (more than one Autoblog editor points out that there's a Scion tC-like quality to this car's nose, although we'd like to point out that's largely the fault of the camouflage) and a front axle with wheels pushed towards the outer corner of the car.

It's not clear what sort of engine is sitting under this Camaro's hood, although considering it's sporting touches, we're betting it's some sort of V8. Other engines that could arrive on the new Alpha-platform Camaro include the usual suspects - GM's 3.6-liter V6, which is found in the current car, and the 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder found on the next Camaro's platform-mates, the Cadillac ATS and CTS.

Take a look at our full battery of spy photos of the 2016 Chevy Camaro.2016 Chevy Camaro makes camo'd appearance in Germany originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Old 09-30-2014, 05:19 AM

Re: NEWS: 2016 Chevy Camaro makes camo'd appearance in Germany

Looks like an evolutionary and safe design from the beautiful 5th generation.

From what we can see so far.

As stunning as the 5th generation cars are. I was hopeful of a greater styling shift. Seems as though this is true of both the new mustang and the camaro. I imagine sales success warrants such design evolution.

I'm sure technically this new car will be impressive.....it will be a nice car to move up from a 5th generation car when it's time to buy new again.

I hope this continues GM s sales success for a long time although it could be that the dramatic changes are in the details we can't see with the decals in the car.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:38 PM

Yeah, I would agree it doesn't appear as if there are any radical changes. I love the current gen styling. But, things need to be freshened up a bit to keep everyone's interest and such. I hope they do make some changes which I'm sure they will.

I will say it appears the car is a bit smaller. If you click on the picture you see other pictures which were taken. There is a side view of the car. It almost looks like there is a less body from the front tire to the front. Or perhaps the wheelbase was increased which decreased the body length? Hard to say but it kind of looks like it.

Also, from the side view, it appears the front of the car is a bit more rounded versus simply coming to a point. Although, the point is still there technically.

I'm betting the big changes, aside from the platform change, will come from the interior of the car along with a bit of weight reduction.

Isn't the car supposed to be introduced in Feb? I can't wait.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:36 AM

the problem is the current car's interior

still hideous ... even with the new (better) steering wheel

if the interior is not vastly improved, well ....

again, i won't be buying one