2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=SharpShooter_SS;5153215]If you look at the rear 3/4 view pic of the un-cammoed Camaro you can see the backup lights very plainly. They are the wee little rectangles set into the main body of the bumper just above the "new" ridge between the license plate area and the blacked-out diffuser and horizontally just inboard of the exhaust tips. Seeing them in the exposed paint in that pic makes them a whole lot easier to see in the cammo pics because you know they're there.

And yup, what you think you see are indeed the backup lights, not a reflection of anything else.

QUOTE]

yea i see them now...i didn't notice it on the white pics before. i definately don't like that. in the bottom of the inner tail lights seems like the spot.

the HHR fuel door doesn't sound like something i would like. i don't want to have to be pushing on my black paint all the time to fill up.

lastly, the front end bottom of the bumper looks good from the front but seeing it from the side for the first time it has way too dramatic of an angle upward. looks strange...
Old 02-01-2008, 01:16 PM

Lookin' good

However, a new concern has come up--that's not really a concern, but an annoyance for all of us "must have" front plate communist states. I don't see a spot for a plate holder, so some rookie lot attendant will probably be screwing into the front bumper to put a plate holder on.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
Lookin' good

However, a new concern has come up--that's not really a concern, but an annoyance for all of us "must have" front plate communist states. I don't see a spot for a plate holder, so some rookie lot attendant will probably be screwing into the front bumper to put a plate holder on.

There's ANOTHER reason I live in Florida.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroRick
Definitely looks like 275's to me !
All shots Ive seen of this wheel wher eu can see the tire size , it has been a 245/45-20 . It looks no different imo this pic .

Yall will probably disagree , but I believe that car on the trailer is still a 3.6 V6 car . Its the same car from Jalopniks latest spy pics with the 3.6 . With one difference , the Jalopnik photo's have bottom of the barrel base wheels and this one was when the car was in Austrailia wearing the 20" wheel upgrade . I thinking this wheel is a optional 6cyl. wheel .

I "think" your clue to the V8 prototype car is Simmons wheels like the one that on the multiple car hauler
Old 02-01-2008, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
All shots Ive seen of this wheel wher eu can see the tire size , it has been a 245/45-20 . It looks no different imo this pic .

Yall will probably disagree , but I believe that car on the trailer is still a 3.6 V6 car . Its the same car from Jalopniks latest spy pics with the 3.6 . With one difference , the Jalopnik photo's have bottom of the barrel base wheels and this one was when the car was in Austrailia wearing the 20" wheel upgrade . I thinking this wheel is a optional 6cyl. wheel .

I "think" your clue to the V8 prototype car is Simmons wheels like the one that on the multiple car hauler
I don't know, I think the pics we've seen are all from front wheel. There's a chance that we get larger / wider tires for the back....

Still, that rear end is awsome !!! If I wasn't married, I'd hit that
Old 02-01-2008, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Maybe the Z28 will get a billet fuel door.
god I hope not.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
Lookin' good

My Buick Rendezvous had a removeable panel in the front bumper that the plate would then fit perfectly.

But when left in place, matched the bumper kinda like a fuel filler door.
Maybe, they could do this for the Camaro???
Old 02-03-2008, 07:37 PM
b4z

My SRX has the fuel filler door on the passenger side and you push on it and it pop open.
There is no remote fuel filler release like my GTO has.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:38 PM
b4z

There is no way that's a 245 width tire on a 20" wheel. It would look like a rubber band.
My GTO has 245s on a 18X8 and even it looks a little narrow.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by blackbirdta
the HHR fuel door doesn't sound like something i would like. i don't want to have to be pushing on my black paint all the time to fill up.
How would it be any different than the way you close any fuel filler door? You still have to push any filler door once to close it. With this style it would just be pushing it twice, if I understand the mechanism correctly. I don't have a HHR, so I can't say for sure.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by b4z
There is no way that's a 245 width tire on a 20" wheel. It would look like a rubber band.
My GTO has 245s on a 18X8 and even it looks a little narrow.
SRT-8's have 245/45/20's and I don't think they look any bigger than what's on that Camaro.

Edit: On second thought these might even be the same wheels!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by jamier2
How would it be any different than the way you close any fuel filler door? You still have to push any filler door once to close it. With this style it would just be pushing it twice, if I understand the mechanism correctly. I don't have a HHR, so I can't say for sure.
closing it isn't really a big deal because i'll just push the edge of the door like i always do, but to open it i'd have to push the door itself. i'd rather have a popper or even a notch in the door. pushing on the door to open it seems like it would scratch easier than closing if you can more or less just touch it and it pops open i won't mind. someone at work here has an HHR...maybe i'll have to go play with the fuel door.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 AM

I also live in a state requiring a front license plate. I'm really hoping Scott and team come up with a solution that avoids the word "drilling". A mounting bracket that that goes through the lower intake and bolts on out of site would be ideal. *Fingers crossed*
Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bart
I also live in a state requiring a front license plate. I'm really hoping Scott and team come up with a solution that avoids the word "drilling". A mounting bracket that that goes through the lower intake and bolts on out of site would be ideal. *Fingers crossed*

the 98-02 Trans Am had a great nose for both front plate and non front plates. The removable piece with the Bird on it was a great idea.

Unfortunately the design of the new Camaro's front end does not look like it would accomidate something like this. Another reason to move to Florida.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bart
It's easy. Just leave it off. I have no plans to allow a front plate on mine. (I live in NJ which requires the ridiculous front plate.) I drove 2 years without a front plate on my S10 Xtreme and never had a problem.

Let the cops go after the REAL problems in my area instead. :::coughillegalalienscough:::

Quick Reply: New Pics