2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Mpls Auto Show Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 04:49 PM

Mpls Auto Show Pics

Figured I'd snap some pics while I was at the auto show today. I'm sure I'm not showing you all anything you haven't seen before. Also I must apologize because I'm not the greatest photographer.

One thing I will say is that the Camaro absolutely got the most attention out of any car at the show. It seemed like the Challenger had a decent group around it too, but it was obvious that the Camaro had more. Also, if you haven't seen the Camaro and the Challenger in person, it really changes the way you see these cars. The Camaro made the Challenger look boring and wimpy in person. But when I go back and look at the pics, the Challenger looks pretty good again. In person, it's a whole different experience. I used to rank the Camaro 1st, Challenger 2nd, and GT500 3rd, but after going to the show it is now Camaro #1, GT500 #2, and Challenger #3.

Another thing - GM rocked the show. They had the best displays and really did a great job at mixing it up and using videos and different colors that really grabbed your attention. It made the import displays look drab and uninteresting.

Anyway, here are the pics:

Old 03-11-2006, 04:50 PM

Re: Mpls Auto Show Pics

Old 03-11-2006, 04:51 PM

Old 03-11-2006, 04:56 PM

One last thing - I seriously sat and stared at the Camaro concept for at least 20 minutes. Possibly a half hour. Then I went and looked at the other cars, and then came back to the Camaro before I left and probably stared at it for another 20 minutes. You HAVE to see this car in person. It has been a long time since I looked at a car and felt a knot in my stomach and got chills. Can you imagine seeing one of these on the road? I bet the new Camaro will be the new #1 cause of accidents in the US. There is no way you can see this car and not stare - it's like a giant magnet and your eyes are made of steel. It truly is a work of art.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC
Anyway, here are the pics:

have any more of this model?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:25 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics; I thought you did a pretty good job! I also hadn't noticed that....it seems like the Concept has a bit of a Euro(?) look to it, maybe that's just me... I mean I LIKE it. It's cool, the front wheels seem so close the the front end, something cool about that. Sorry, I can't explain it. Anyway, thought your pics were a fresh perspective, at least IMHO.

Btw: I liked all three cars. I think we've been blessed to live in these times...
Old 03-11-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC
Am I the only one that thinks the front of the Mustang looks like one of those 'Dog' stuffed animals? The one where the perspective on the nose/face/head of the dog is enlarged and exaggerated to look like it's being seen thru a fisheye glass (making the nose huge)? I've got to find an image of one online now.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:20 PM

Ok, here's an example of what the Mustang reminds me of. If nothing else, it's good for a chuckle.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
Ok, here's an example of what the Mustang reminds me of. If nothing else, it's good for a chuckle.

omg! it really does!

that camaro grille is growing on me...
Old 03-12-2006, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by merlinsteele
Thanks for sharing the pics; I thought you did a pretty good job! I also hadn't noticed that....it seems like the Concept has a bit of a Euro(?) look to it, maybe that's just me... I mean I LIKE it. It's cool, the front wheels seem so close the the front end, something cool about that. Sorry, I can't explain it. Anyway, thought your pics were a fresh perspective, at least IMHO.

Btw: I liked all three cars. I think we've been blessed to live in these times...
Euro as in the 3 series Euro? Like the BMW that was on the wall under competition along with Mustang and G35 during the build? Take another look at the front end on the MPH wall paper too.

Nice Pics. Always like a different perspective!
Old 03-12-2006, 09:03 AM

I have a feeling the nose wont make it to production the way it is arter looking at it again. Look at how deep the blinkers are in the nose, kindof hard to see. I'm not saying I dont like it, but by safty standards they may not fly. Good pics tho, that model was alittle plane tho, wasn't she? I will finally get my chance to see the car in person next weekend!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 1stls1
I have a feeling the nose wont make it to production the way it is arter looking at it again. Look at how deep the blinkers are in the nose, kindof hard to see. I'm not saying I dont like it, but by safty standards they may not fly. Good pics tho, that model was alittle plane tho, wasn't she? I will finally get my chance to see the car in person next weekend!!!
I don't think the blinkers would be hard to see from in front of the car. And you have parking lamps on the side of the car as blinkers. So why would it be difficult to see?
Old 03-12-2006, 11:36 PM

The challenger doesn't look that big in those pics....the camaro actually looks larger. Maybe its where its closer up? Very good pics though...I'm with 97z28...anymore pics of the model?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:01 AM

Nice pictures, that looks like the same model that did the Camaro presentation in Chicago. Do the models travel city to city with the cars?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:24 AM

Looks better everytime I see it.

Quick Reply: Mpls Auto Show Pics