2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Interesting Camaro vs. Mustang Video Review (Part 1 of 2)

Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 PM
  #16  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Annapolis MD
Posts: 2,802
Originally Posted by 426HPSS View Post
most of you have probably read my comments...probably would be repetitive to say that the Stang lovers on the site dont drive too many Gen 5's....
sorry guys...Love my SS....Soo many fabulous things about the Camaro.....Soo many things I dislike on the stang....but hey...the battle rages on..I am sure the 5.0 will be a fast car ...maybe even faster than my SS...no sweat....in Ontario if you get nailed at 30MPH over the limit it is an automatic loss of licence....bet ya did not know that!
30 over loss of license? Im sorry thats just wrong... ours isnt much better.
5thgen69camaro is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:22 PM
  #17  
Registered User
 
CamaroZ282008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 222
Cool

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i picture the "funness" of driving a mustang, the same as driving a kia soul. or about as much fun as that guy you see drving his girlfriends volkswagon bug.
Sure do hate on Mustangs don't you? Never understood this. I mean brand loyalty is ok but...really? The Camaro is and always has been a great car for what it is...however it isn't the BEST of everything as you seem to portray. It's one thing for a car guy who's a true car guy to poke fun at a competitors car once in a while, but it's entirely different to plain hate the competitor purely because your opinion is that your car is better in all respects without real justification.

The Mustang is and has been since it's debut in 1964 1/2 plenty of fun to drive. The 2010 being a lighter car it actually is more fun to drive then the 5th gen. as stated in numerous test in the car magazines and by those who have gotten behind the wheel and compared both instead of just stating an opinion without driving both.

Just because most generations of the Mustang have been down to the Camaro on power doesn't make them not fun to drive.

There are more aspects that make a car fun to drive then a big motor and tons of power, has something to do with a thing called...weight. Ever hear of an Elise? Sky? STI? EVO? NSX? Mustang GT?

Is the 2010 GT faster then the SS nope.
Does it handle better yes. With a IRS nope.
Ride quality- Average person woulden't know which has which.

Fact is if the 315 hp 2010 GT can stay within a car length with the 426 hp 2010 SS down the drag strip and def. in the turns, the 2011 GT is going to be a great deal of fun against the 2010-11 SS.


Some Information on the 5th and new Mustang (my opinion with some known facts)

2010 Camaro SS pros- LS3/L99, IRS (though most people won't be able to truly notice the difference).
2010 Camaro SS Cons- Heavy. Large footprint. Gunslit window openings means poor visablility-A real issue to those who aren't gotta have it chevy diehards, Cheapest interior in the class with cheapest materials comparable to economy car cobalt and very poor ergonomics.

2010 Mustang GT pros-4.6 V8, SRA, Very high quality interior with ergonomics in mind. Great visibility. Lighter and more nimble means better handling without the use of an IRS. SYNC>Onstar isn't even close.

side note: Aftermarket Mustang support is 10 fold versus the 5th gen. The 5th gen. attention in this area isn't remotely close even after the Camaro swept sema.

2010 Mustang GT cons-Less hp/tq.

As for looks/design it's very subjective. I like the exterior of the Camaro, but the interior design/materials are poor.
I like the exterior of the new Mustang, and really like interior design/with obvious better quality materials.

2011 Mustang GT Pros-5.0. 6 speed (6 speed joke is old) and all the great carry over's from the 2010 with hp/tq needed to run head to head if not away from the SS.

2011 Mustang GT cons- Isn't here yet.

As for the 2011 Mustang GT/ 2010/11 Camaro SS should be awesome when the two meet at the track soon.

2010 Mustang v-6 was underpowered. 2011 Mustang with the 3.7 vs. the 2010/11 Camaro 3.6 will be great.




Last edited by CamaroZ282008; 03-25-2010 at 10:11 PM.
CamaroZ282008 is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 AM
  #18  
Super Moderator
 
JakeRobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Okemos, MI
Posts: 9,295
Originally Posted by CamaroZ282008 View Post
The Mustang is and has been since it's debut in 1964 1/2 plenty of fun to drive.
I drove a 2003 Mach 1 5-speed when they came out (actually just before; it was a late pre-production build). It was okay, a good bit more fun than the Oldsmobile Achieva I owned at the time, but it wasn't as much fun as a V8 pony car can/should be IMO. I also drove a 2000 GT auto and a 1995 GT 5-speed. The 2000 was pretty disappointing. The '95 was pretty well matched against the Mach 1. (Note: this is all in terms of how much fun they were, in my own personal opinion). None of these cars were even remotely close to fun enough to make we want to buy one.

It took me about 40 seconds behind the wheel of my Z28 to decide that it was by far the most fun car I've ever driven (and still is). Easily 10x more fun than any of those Mustangs.

My wife's aunt has a '65 289 convertible. That thing isn't fun to drive -- it's a frickin' nightmare. Sloppy steering, flexy chassis, brakes that instill fear more than anything else...

In summary, I disagree 100% with the quoted text. I'm sure there are some fun Mustangs out there, but to claim a consistent track record for all ~46 model years across all trim levels is foolish.
JakeRobb is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 12:31 PM
  #19  
Registered User
 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,483
Originally Posted by CamaroZ282008 View Post
Sure do hate on Mustangs don't you? Never understood this. I mean brand loyalty is ok but...really? The Camaro is and always has been a great car for what it is...however it isn't the BEST of everything as you seem to portray. It's one thing for a car guy who's a true car guy to poke fun at a competitors car once in a while, but it's entirely different to plain hate the competitor purely because your opinion is that your car is better in all respects without real justification.

The Mustang is and has been since it's debut in 1964 1/2 plenty of fun to drive. The 2010 being a lighter car it actually is more fun to drive then the 5th gen. as stated in numerous test in the car magazines and by those who have gotten behind the wheel and compared both instead of just stating an opinion without driving both.

Just because most generations of the Mustang have been down to the Camaro on power doesn't make them not fun to drive.

There are more aspects that make a car fun to drive then a big motor and tons of power, has something to do with a thing called...weight. Ever hear of an Elise? Sky? STI? EVO? NSX? Mustang GT?

Is the 2010 GT faster then the SS nope.
Does it handle better yes. With a IRS nope.
Ride quality- Average person woulden't know which has which.

Fact is if the 315 hp 2010 GT can stay within a car length with the 426 hp 2010 SS down the drag strip and def. in the turns, the 2011 GT is going to be a great deal of fun against the 2010-11 SS.


Some Information on the 5th and new Mustang (my opinion with some known facts)

2010 Camaro SS pros- LS3/L99, IRS (though most people won't be able to truly notice the difference).
2010 Camaro SS Cons- Heavy. Large footprint. Gunslit window openings means poor visablility-A real issue to those who aren't gotta have it chevy diehards, Cheapest interior in the class with cheapest materials comparable to economy car cobalt and very poor ergonomics.

2010 Mustang GT pros-4.6 V8, SRA, Very high quality interior with ergonomics in mind. Great visibility. Lighter and more nimble means better handling without the use of an IRS. SYNC>Onstar isn't even close.

side note: Aftermarket Mustang support is 10 fold versus the 5th gen. The 5th gen. attention in this area isn't remotely close even after the Camaro swept sema.

2010 Mustang GT cons-Less hp/tq.

As for looks/design it's very subjective. I like the exterior of the Camaro, but the interior design/materials are poor.
I like the exterior of the new Mustang, and really like interior design/with obvious better quality materials.

2011 Mustang GT Pros-5.0. 6 speed (6 speed joke is old) and all the great carry over's from the 2010 with hp/tq needed to run head to head if not away from the SS.

2011 Mustang GT cons- Isn't here yet.

As for the 2011 Mustang GT/ 2010/11 Camaro SS should be awesome when the two meet at the track soon.

2010 Mustang v-6 was underpowered. 2011 Mustang with the 3.7 vs. the 2010/11 Camaro 3.6 will be great.



woah woah woah! i never said the camaro was perfect(but i made mine perfect). i said that the mustang doesnt appeal to me. dont hate my opinion because i dont find anything about it that i like. its just not my sup of tea and i would spend money on it. if you likeit then like it. you dont need my approval.
i dont know why your pulling out all these numbers. because dude, i know the specs on the car. i never complained about a single thing here. didnt say that the camaro was too heavy, or that the mustang isnt fun because its under powered, and i never said anythign about the rant you went on about the light cars. i dont know where your going with this or what that has to do with me just strait up not liking the car.

Last edited by 2010_5thgen; 03-26-2010 at 12:33 PM.
2010_5thgen is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 PM
  #20  
Registered User
 
CamaroZ282008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 222
Originally Posted by JakeRobb View Post
I drove a 2003 Mach 1 5-speed when they came out (actually just before; it was a late pre-production build). It was okay, a good bit more fun than the Oldsmobile Achieva I owned at the time, but it wasn't as much fun as a V8 pony car can/should be IMO. I also drove a 2000 GT auto and a 1995 GT 5-speed. The 2000 was pretty disappointing. The '95 was pretty well matched against the Mach 1. (Note: this is all in terms of how much fun they were, in my own personal opinion). None of these cars were even remotely close to fun enough to make we want to buy one.

It took me about 40 seconds behind the wheel of my Z28 to decide that it was by far the most fun car I've ever driven (and still is). Easily 10x more fun than any of those Mustangs.

My wife's aunt has a '65 289 convertible. That thing isn't fun to drive -- it's a frickin' nightmare. Sloppy steering, flexy chassis, brakes that instill fear more than anything else...

In summary, I disagree 100% with the quoted text. I'm sure there are some fun Mustangs out there, but to claim a consistent track record for all ~46 model years across all trim levels is foolish.
And to this I say that's absolutely fine. However though that '65 may have been a "frickin nightmare" in your opinion today, back when they debuted they were plenty of fun with the technology and engineering available. The mustangs from the early 70's,80's,90's and today are very fun. Mid to Late 70's not so much. Opinion varies obviously and you seem to think otherwise it's ok.Most cars from the 60's are sloppy, have a chassis that flexes quite a bit and weak brakes in comparison to today's cars. It's old technology. The Mustang like the Camaro has been a fun car to drive for almost all generations.
I will say that the Mustang II was absolute garbage even though it did sell extremely well
All in all I like the Camaro as much as I like the Mustang. The Challenger on the other hand...

Last edited by CamaroZ282008; 03-26-2010 at 05:18 PM.
CamaroZ282008 is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 05:35 PM
  #21  
Registered User
 
CamaroZ282008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 222
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
woah woah woah! i never said the camaro was perfect(but i made mine perfect). i said that the mustang doesnt appeal to me. dont hate my opinion because i dont find anything about it that i like. its just not my sup of tea and i would spend money on it. if you likeit then like it. you dont need my approval.
i dont know why your pulling out all these numbers. because dude, i know the specs on the car. i never complained about a single thing here. didnt say that the camaro was too heavy, or that the mustang isnt fun because its under powered, and i never said anythign about the rant you went on about the light cars. i dont know where your going with this or what that has to do with me just strait up not liking the car.
Saying a Mustang's "funness" is comparable to a Kia soul? Harsh a bit? That's like someone else saying camaros are about as fun to drive as a dumptruck. What's with the rude trashing of the competitor beyond the reality of what these cars are capable of? It may not be as quick as the 5th Gen. you own but it sure doesn't handle bad. Both cars are fun just a matter of taste.That's all.
I put my opinion based figures up there just to point out both cars have there flaws and both have great advantages.
CamaroZ282008 is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 AM
  #22  
Admin Emeritus
Thread Starter
 
JasonD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1997
Location: Nashville, TN area
Posts: 11,156
JasonD is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 AM
  #23  
Registered User
 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,483
Originally Posted by CamaroZ282008 View Post
Saying a Mustang's "funness" is comparable to a Kia soul? Harsh a bit? That's like someone else saying camaros are about as fun to drive as a dumptruck. What's with the rude trashing of the competitor beyond the reality of what these cars are capable of? It may not be as quick as the 5th Gen. you own but it sure doesn't handle bad. Both cars are fun just a matter of taste.That's all.
I put my opinion based figures up there just to point out both cars have there flaws and both have great advantages.
well thats fine. however you think of it is your opinion. i just dont like them, dont like the looks, dont like the interior, and those 2 things right there make the car something i wouldnt want to ride in and couldnt enjoy. if you dont liek the look of your car, how do you expect to enjoy it? dont try to force your opinions on me to like the competition. wow, what ever happened to a thing called "rivalry"? now everyone has to like the other cars because someone else says so? because its fun to drive....to you?
2010_5thgen is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 05:29 PM
  #24  
Registered User
 
bossco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SeVa
Posts: 2,977
Originally Posted by CamaroZ282008 View Post
Both cars are fun just a matter of taste.That's all.
1st rule of the intrawebz: Opinion = FACT!

I kid, I kid
bossco is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 05:40 PM
  #25  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Elgin,SC
Posts: 604
Originally Posted by JakeRobb View Post
I drove a 2003 Mach 1 5-speed when they came out (actually just before; it was a late pre-production build). It was okay, a good bit more fun than the Oldsmobile Achieva I owned at the time, but it wasn't as much fun as a V8 pony car can/should be IMO. I also drove a 2000 GT auto and a 1995 GT 5-speed. The 2000 was pretty disappointing. The '95 was pretty well matched against the Mach 1. (Note: this is all in terms of how much fun they were, in my own personal opinion). None of these cars were even remotely close to fun enough to make we want to buy one.

It took me about 40 seconds behind the wheel of my Z28 to decide that it was by far the most fun car I've ever driven (and still is). Easily 10x more fun than any of those Mustangs.

My wife's aunt has a '65 289 convertible. That thing isn't fun to drive -- it's a frickin' nightmare. Sloppy steering, flexy chassis, brakes that instill fear more than anything else...

In summary, I disagree 100% with the quoted text. I'm sure there are some fun Mustangs out there, but to claim a consistent track record for all ~46 model years across all trim levels is foolish.
Should have drove the 03 Cobra instead of the Mach.
Sax1031 is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
  #26  
Super Moderator
 
JakeRobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Okemos, MI
Posts: 9,295
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
Should have drove the 03 Cobra instead of the Mach.
My former college roommate wasn't on the Cobra launch team.

Anyhow, a bunch of extra horsepower would have helped, but I don't think it would have made up all of the difference.
JakeRobb is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 PM
  #27  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Elgin,SC
Posts: 604
Originally Posted by JakeRobb View Post
My former college roommate wasn't on the Cobra launch team.

Anyhow, a bunch of extra horsepower would have helped, but I don't think it would have made up all of the difference.
I never drove a stock one. My friend put on a CAI and exhaust before I ever got to drive it. But it was a blast.

Couldn't be beat for a pony car that still retained a factory warranty for the time.

Last edited by Sax1031; 04-08-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Sax1031 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
NewsBot
2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia
0
12-30-2014 09:40 AM
ChrisFrez
CamaroZ28.Com Podcast
0
12-28-2014 02:25 PM
Hurin
Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes
4
12-13-2014 07:38 PM
ChrisFrez
CamaroZ28.Com Podcast
0
11-30-2014 08:41 AM
NewsBot
2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia
0
11-25-2014 11:20 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting Camaro vs. Mustang Video Review (Part 1 of 2)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.