2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

I'm I the only one that don't like the new camaro looks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: I'm I the only one that don't like the new camaro looks?

Originally Posted by dream '94 Z28
I can appreciate that, and agree, but...that is completely different than bluntly stating that you can't/shouldn't possibly have formed an opinion or much less say anything if you haven't seen it in person and then bowing at yourself because your personal epiphany was somehow close to divine intervention. That's really simplistic and a bush-league (sp?) mentality.
Yeah, that would have been inappropriate, but I don't think that's what Jason meant in post #51.

I interpreted Jason's to be towards the Concept, not towards himself. I see no problem with that.

The other thing to note is that most of the people around here don't say exactly what they mean. Yes, Jason's words were "he can't say if he liked it or not," but you shouldn't take him literally. He probably meant what I said in post #53.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I guess thats acceptable political bomb throwing. When any responce is talking politics? Thats the second time in this thread.
"bush-league" is not a reference to the current President.

right back at ya.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
"bush-league" is not a reference to the current President.

right back at ya.
Guess Im showing my ignorance. Sorry bout that
Old 07-14-2006, 04:09 PM

Guess Im showing my ignorance. Sorry bout that
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_league
Old 07-15-2006, 08:16 PM

I guess thats acceptable political bomb throwing. When any responce is talking politics? Thats the second time in this thread.
bush-league (NOT capitalized) means 'one level down from the pros': i.e, AAA baseball.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2lane69
Glad to be here!! Glad we are all even able to have this conversation!! A year ago, we had nothing, not even a glimmer, now we get to argue about what it should/could/would look like.....life is good!
How true! Live is VERY good!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:28 AM

I've said it once and I'll say it again...6+ months after it's unveiling (although we've seen it longer with the pictures leakes at the end of last year), I simply still do not like it (at all). I've owned four 4th gen Camaro's (1 V6 & 3 Z28's) and this new 5th gen concept has no styling appeal to me what so ever. NOW...Not to say that's a bad thing because you can't please everyone as we all know and I'm still shocked GM is even considering re-producing this legend...

But, I've seen every picture imagineable in any color, etc. and I happen to think the 4th gens look 10x better. NOTE: Just my opinion here folks. Granted, I havent seen it in person (yes, I know, I know). However, a car has NEVER looked any different to me in person that it has in picture format, so I don't see where that could be an issue like some of you are making it out to be???

Peace,

Mike
Old 07-17-2006, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2000LS1Z28
However, a car has NEVER looked any different to me in person that it has in picture format, so I don't see where that could be an issue like some of you are making it out to be???
Mike, I can understand your point and you certainly are entitled to your opinions, but take it from me - paper and reality are two entirely different things. When I first saw the '98 Trans Am on the cover of Car and Driver, it looked awful to me - I thought they basically aped three or four other cars for the front end and I couldn't stand it. It lacked dimension and seemed uninspired. I can remember telling my brother how they killed the styling of the car. I felt the same way about the WS6 when that first came out - couldn't stand it and I looked for every color I could find and every picture on the web.

Finally there was ONE picture of a Navy Blue Metallic TA WS6 that I saw that changed my mind - a little. When I saw my Black TA WS6, I was totally sold on the look of the car! I could appreciate the deep turn signal slots in the front, the shape of the headlights and hood - it all just seemed to fit SO well. I don't mind saying I felt really foolish about my earlier comments, too - but it was the first time I realized that seeing things first hand makes a big difference.

You simply won't know how the 5th gen grabs you until you see it close-up. The C6 didn't impress me until I saw it in person and finally realized what the slight creases did to make the car look agressive. IMHO since the 5th gen shares some of those cues, it's a real beauty. I STILL love the look of my WS6, and it will always be a classic......but then, progress marches on.......
Old 07-18-2006, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
If you haven’t seen it in person, you haven’t seen it, so quit yer bitching

BTW, its "doesn’t like" not "don’t like"

Wrong.........it is don't like
(even when fitting into his sentence structure)
Old 07-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shootnhogs
Wrong.........it is don't like
(even when fitting into his sentence structure)
It should be "doesn't" in the thread title.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Have you seen it in person? It doesn't photograph well enough to do itself justice.
Yeah im sure that has a lot to do with it, even NOW i see a lot of pictures on the net of 4th gens that are so-so but have seen a couple with my own eyes (that i thought were ok on the internet) and have completely changed the way i feel about them. Plus im not too big on having stock anything, and was the first third gen anyone saw jaw dropping? (well maybe coming from the looks of the 2nd to the 3rd gen) but there are beautiful third gens out there that people have build that are phenomenol (sp) Sorry im just kind of rambling on now, but i need to see something for real before i make my opinion of it, not just some professionally taken photograph.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:31 PM

I'm 45 and the design is just barley starting to grow on me.
Mostly I think I'm just really enthusiastic about a new Camaro finally coming out. I would have preferred a more retro style. And no, I don't think they picked up the 69 styling cues well at all.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by markr01000
I'm 45 and the design is just barley starting to grow on me.
Mostly I think I'm just really enthusiastic about a new Camaro finally coming out. I would have preferred a more retro style. And no, I don't think they picked up the 69 styling cues well at all.
stand over the hood and look straight down at the hood if you havent already.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:33 AM

stand over the hood and look straight down at the hood if you havent already.
Werd. While I haven't seen the car in person, I've looked at every single picture from every angle I could find, and I've owned 2 '69's and a '67, sold the last one a year ago. 2 of them were restorations, so I'm intimate with the body of these cars. In my personal opinion, they nailed the '69's persona. The grille cannot be mistaken for anything else. The tops of the fenders, the way the crease moves past the A-pillar and curves down into the door. The top of the rear quarter panel from where it starts below the window, the transition from the door window to the rear pillar, the shape of the windows, the shape of the rear pillar, the shark gills ahead of the rear wheel. The overall shape of the form, down to the 'coke-bottle' curves.

They managed to do all this, and still keep it fresh and 'modern'.

The only thing I don't care for is the tail lights, personally. It works on this car if I remove any feelings about the 1st gens, but it's the furthest departure from the 1st gens. My mind just tells me that something isn't right.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 2lane69
In my personal opinion, they nailed the '69's persona. The grille cannot be mistaken for anything else. The tops of the fenders, the way the crease moves past the A-pillar and curves down into the door. The top of the rear quarter panel from where it starts below the window, the transition from the door window to the rear pillar, the shape of the windows, the shape of the rear pillar, the shark gills ahead of the rear wheel. The overall shape of the form, down to the 'coke-bottle' curves.

They managed to do all this, and still keep it fresh and 'modern'.

The only thing I don't care for is the tail lights, personally. It works on this car if I remove any feelings about the 1st gens, but it's the furthest departure from the 1st gens. My mind just tells me that something isn't right.
I wouldnt personally go as far as to say nailed it. The tail lights have grown on me because of the afterburner when the brakes are not on. The one thing that they have nailed is the hood from the angle I described. Im hoping onces its thinner for production it wont look quite as wide. Im wondering if it would look better with a more open grille that you would be able to see the headlights without kneeling but the more I think about it headlights you cant see them from standing because of them being recessed is starting to seem really cool and the front side profile is perfect. If the areodynamics is that much better I dont know but I liked being able to see the 69;s recessed grille. The vented brakes through the shark gills are awesome and I hope they make it. I love the dimensions once it gets thinner. I would like wheel well swooshes. I wonder why the rear bumper is so big but with impact standards it may just be a fact of life like the Mustangs. Honestly I liked alot of what Scotts presentation about the car.

I realize Im in the minority I dont expect them to cater to one person, but thats my opinion but Id like to have one in the drive as is so I guess you can take it for what its worth.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 07-25-2006 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: I'm I the only one that don't like the new camaro looks?