2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I thought of a name for Red's book

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 10:59 PM

Re: I thought of a name for Red's book

Originally Posted by Red Planet
I will be there behind the scenes...many things have to happen in order to pull off an unveiling or press event.

As to presenting...I would suspect it will be Ed Wellburn or Bob Lutz.....no decision just yet.

But I will be beaming proudly......with a silly-assed grin on my face that won't leave.

Yes...Challenger is good ...competition is good.
Yeah, except that now I have to convince my wife that it is essential, not simply ideal, but that my very existence depends on having one of each
I am even pulling out the convertible card, I am not a big fan of convertiables, but she is
Old 11-30-2005, 11:04 PM

I will be there behind the scenes...many things have to happen in order to pull off an unveiling or press event.

As to presenting...I would suspect it will be Ed Wellburn or Bob Lutz.....no decision just yet.

But I will be beaming proudly......with a silly-assed grin on my face that won't leave.

Yes...Challenger is good ...competition is good.
I want the first, post-debut interview!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:04 PM

I better be impressed. It better be red with black Z28 stripes and not retro.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:08 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by IZ28
I better be impressed. It better be red with black Z28 stripes and not retro.

and if you aren't we have this fleet of black suburbans......................................... ...........................

(lock up the liquor...they're mean drunks.....)
Old 11-30-2005, 11:09 PM

I love this place so much
Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 PM

and if you aren't we have this fleet of black suburbans......................................... ...........................

(lock up the liquor...they're mean drunks.....)
Holy Cow! I wouldn't want them to get into Guy's Mickey Finn'd Merlot.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
I love this place so much
Me too .

David
Old 11-30-2005, 11:46 PM

Knowing how I am with Camaros, if I didn't like it, they'd have to watch out for me, not me watch out for them. It's n/p though since I can't be there, I very much appreicated the invite though.

Last edited by IZ28; 12-01-2005 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:51 PM

PROOF!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:25 AM

Camaros are from Mars, Mustangs are from Uranus!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:55 AM

not that I'm trying to avoid hugs (which I am...but hey....) I need to make something very clear here.

There are a lot of people at GM that feel very strongly about muscle cars..and Camaros in particular. If you love what you see in January...I can't take the credit for it. Yes, I've beat down doors....I have screamed and yelled constantly over the past 10 years.......and I won't let ANYONE forget how important the Camaro is to the enthusiast community...(and that community is far wider than just Camaro and Firebird) ...and I'm constantly putting in my 2 cents....to the point that if I got all those pennies back, I could retire and live well and have a kickass Camaro/Firebird collection..........................

........but if you love the design....you can thank some very talented designers within GM Design. I think it's very telling that Ed Wellburn drives a Camaro......that Tom Peters drives a Camaro......that many others drive Camaros and Firebirds.....names too numerous to go into right now.

I gotta tell you......I'm in love with this concept.

I mean......I'm in LOVE.

I haven't been this excited since the 93 unveil........or the 82..........or the 70.......or.......for that matter, as excited as I was on September 10, 1966.

(go ahead...ask me the relevance of that date!)
Thank you and everyone else who have made it a reality! That post made coming here the past few years that much more worth it I really can't wait for it. I wish i could see it in Detroit in person. To everyone going - I expect plenty of pics and videos. I can't wait for it!

The date, if i remember correctly, would be when your family's dealer got their first Camaro.

Last edited by 0toinsanein5.4sec; 12-01-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by SGT Posaune

Old 12-01-2005, 10:20 AM

........but if you love the design....you can thank some very talented designers within GM Design.
PS did Sam Ramona (not sure if I got the name right.. but the gentleman at BG) have a hand in any "design study" that may show up in Jan.?
I'm not sure if I'm asking this right but where can we see Sam's other influence i.e. has he had a hand in other cars out on the road.. or some aspects of any vehicles...?
just curious.. I tried to talk to him at BG but didn't get to spend much time with him.. but the small "chat" we had was good..

I will be there behind the scenes
Scott.. I can just picture the unveiling with Maximum Bob driving unveiling the car and you peeking behind the curtains in the back with a tear rolling down your cheek. I wish I was there to snap a pic of it.. (whoever is going make sure you get his reaction.. it could be nice to include in the book)
Old 12-01-2005, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by SGT Posaune
Damnit, I just laughed so loud in my cubicle at work here, its a little obvious now that I'm not doing my job What the hell, its lunch anyway...
Old 12-01-2005, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Holy Cow! I wouldn't want them to get into Guy's Mickey Finn'd Merlot.
Slashman! Have no fear! After the debut, we'll have to make sure Merlotman doesn't stumble on to stage and give Maximum Bob a big hug, then stumble over to his Malibu Maxx SS and run over the press as he flies away on another heroic journey...

Which brings to mind the fact that I don't think Guy has formally accepted his new title yet

Chevroletman,
You and I, Pontiacman, must keep the concept secure at all times. I think Scott should put us on 24 hr watch, after giving us the keys first

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNNN (for some reason, that hasn't gotten old yet, but might soon )

Quick Reply: I thought of a name for Red's book