2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

How to say "Thank You"..........

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

How to say "Thank You"..........

I know this is not perhaps the appropriate section for this - but I would ask that it remain here until after Veterans Day........

On Wednesday, November 11th, and again on Monday, November 16, we will show our respect and our thanks -- and memorialize those who have given so much so that we (that's you and me) can live in a free society.

Yes-- Veterans Day - formerly known as "Armistice Day" (...in the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month....) is celebrated each year -- and we must never forget!

Please -- make it a point to say "Thank You" to those who are serving --and also to those who HAVE served.

Most of you know that I travel a lot. I see so many of our men and women in uniform in airports.

I try to say 'Thank You' whenever I get the chance. However, sometimes it can be awkward - you don't want to interupt or disturb.

Sooooo...........how do you say 'Thank You' without feeling that you're imposing?

Our Camaro Comrade, Jan Mellor sends the following link -- and I hope you'll share this with your friends, family, and club members -- as well as sharing with the various Enthusiast sites that you frequent.

GO HERE TO WATCH AND LEARN A VERY SIMPLE WAY TO SAY "THANK YOU" >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo

Also of note:

Several businesses are honoring our Active Duty Men and Women as well as Veterans:

Applebee's. Applebee's is offering a free entree on Wednesday to veterans and all active-duty military from 11 a.m. to midnight at all 1,900 locations. Although Applebee's requests some kind of military ID, "We're not going to argue with folks who might forget to bring it," says Sam Rothschild, senior vice president of operations.
•McCormick & Schmick's. For the 11th year in a row, the 87 locations in 25 states are offering free entrees to veterans on Sunday. The chain also requests military ID and highly recommends reservations. The promotion is on Sunday instead of Veterans Day, "because it allows vets to bring their families who might not be available during the week," CEO Bill Freeman says.
•Golden Corral. The 485-unit chain is offering free buffet meals — including beverage and dessert — to current military and vets on Monday, Nov. 16, from 5 to 9 p.m. No military ID is required for its ninth annual Military Appreciation Monday, says Dolly Mercer, national events manager. The event is held on this date, she says, "so we don't interfere with Veterans Day activities."

Outback Steakhouse offers a free Bloomin' Onion appetizer and beverage to past and present military members on Wednesday,

Krispy Kreme has free doughnuts.

Home Depot and Lowe's are offering a 10% discount to military and veterans.

Kudos to each of these businesses-- so the next time you're thinking about going out for lunch or dinner? Please consider one of these restaurants -- and when you DO - -make SURE you tell them "Thank You for recognizing our Military!"

.......I hope we (that's you and me) will make a positive impact on their bottom line so that they do it EVERY Veteran's Day.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:36 PM

I'm a former service member, and currently work as a civilian contractor working directly with Marines and Soldiers "in the dirt". A lot of times, people will see my contractor ID and tell me "thanks for your service". I always tell them, "thankyou, but I'm just a contractor". They usually say thankyou anyway. But I never try to take any glory away from my uniformed brothers and sisters.

If I see a service member, I approach them, tap them on the arm, extend my arm out and shake their hand, while saying "thanks for your service". Short, quick, and to the point. Not wasting my time, or theirs.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:52 PM

Very nice Scott...I always feel awkward but now I know how to say thank you with out bothering anyone.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:46 PM

That was very nice of you...thanks, and you're welcome. I sort of "turned the torch" over to my oldest son when I retired back on 1 Feb. He is a Marine (just went over 2 years), currently on deployment - gets back next month. I will proudly pass a BIG thank you on to him.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:41 AM

Thank you to everyone who served before me...It is on your shoulders we serve today.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 PM

On November 10, 1775 at Tun Tavern the United States Marine Corps was started. Cap. Samuel Nicholas began recruiting the two batallions of Marines that was ordered by the Continental Congress at the now legendary Tun Tavern. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS!!

SEMPER FIDELIS!

And a hearty thank you to all who are serving and to all that have served our great country!!!