2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many here will keep their current F Body if they buy a 5th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:40 PM

Re: How many here will keep their current F Body if they buy a 5th gen?

Keepin all of them, just brought the 01 ss from a member here a couple of weeks ago and it is awesome if the 5th gen is supposed to be an improvement count my family in for at least 2
Old 12-13-2005, 10:44 PM

My 86 is going. To good hands: My brother. The aged Bird will be taken care of.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:09 AM

Not a chance will I be keeping my current one.

There's no way our budget can allow two V8 two doors.

I believe I'll be happy with the new swap though.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Pandamonkey
Not a chance will I be keeping my current one.

There's no way our budget can allow two V8 two doors.

I believe I'll be happy with the new swap though.
Sounds like it is time to switch your old F-buddy onto the $1000 deductable and liability only so you can afford another car . If your wife is the one wanting to get rid of the car, bring up the fact that it is cheaper to insure an older car than a newer one. When I was looking into insurance, it would have actually been several hundred dollars cheaper a 1/2 year for me to insure a '96 V6 Camaro on liability than the '02 Corolla I got.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
Get rid of it?

Who does that kind of thing?

Funny! Cause I laugh, when I feel like crying sometimes. Sarcasim aside. Thats only because each of the cars in my sig were keepers (especially the '69), and each time, life dictated that it wasnt gonna be that way. Hope to keep the '01, and hope to find and buy back the '69. Didnt see the photo of the 5th gen before it was yanked, but based on the feed back, I'm definitely interested.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Red Planet
(guess I'd better get busy designing one with all the generations......and I wonder if I could special order a casket in white with dual Hugger Orange stripes with a Houndstooth interior????)

see....I really am crazy.
Well, I guess I have the answer as to who designed and approved the 30th package

(Although, the original owner of mine decided for the all-white leather instead of the houndstooth).

Lew,
I know, right?? I love my fiance dearly, and thankfully she loves me a lot too...because she's already getting the idea that unless its a driver, if I buy it, it doesn't LEAVE

Right now, it appears that my father, while wooed by the 5th gen pics, will indeed be keeping his Formula Which is good, because that means I won't have to find a home for it for a long, long time. So by the time '10-'12 rolls around and I have a new house, my Z should fit between my 5th gen and the 350 IROC I hope to have by then

And should we be talking a 6th gen someday, that's when it may start to get ugly But if all else fails and I had to sell cars, the Z would never go. I got lucky...when I bought my home 2 years ago, my dad could have been a ***** and told me to "grow up and sell the car." But he knew I wouldn't do it, and I woulda stayed in my apartment. Without even mentioning the idea, he let me borrow the $$$ from him to put a new roof on the house. Its since been paid back, and the Z still sits in the garage. I now officially have no excuse to ever sell it
Old 12-14-2005, 07:21 AM

I'll be keeping my '93 Z28 and adding either the 5th gen or a Challenger to the driveway. As others have mentioned, it's not worth selling my old car with the mods I have put into it, I'll never get enough m oney to make it worth while. Besides when I bought my Z28 my insurance only went up $60 a year to have 2 cars. So it's not too expensive to have 2 cars and if I need to take some time installing performance parts in my new 5th gen I still have a car to get around in.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:02 AM

I have a 2000 SS. Currently, it is at LT1DAVE's shop getting new AFR 205 heads, the Tony Mamo Cam, LS6 intake, Kooks 1 3/4" headers, Billingsley 9" with 4.30's, BMR Extreme Torque Arm, Bogart wheels, ET Streets & skinnies, etc. I will keep that car for a LONG time.

Today my daily driver is a 2004 Monte Carlo SS. When the 5th Gens are available, it will probably be time for a new daily driver. More than likely, one of those will show up in my garage.

The short answer is that I will keep my 2000 SS (the TOP Camaro ) and buy a 5th gen as well.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:55 AM

Although I am by no means in the financial situation to buy a third car (college kid- woohoo!), I would not even consider trading my '96 TA for the new Camaro even if I did have the cash - at least not if it looked like the photos we saw! Like a lot of the people were saying, I would much rather see a "modern" style like the progression from the C5 to C6. None-the-less, I can't wait to see the Camaro back even if I don't personally care for the styling. Can't wait to see the concept!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:05 PM

its kinda cool to think that at 19, i could almost trade in both my vehicles and finance a 5th gen Z28 (actually thats a lie ) would I though? hell no. i need the truck, and im far too attached to my 4th gen... i will be keeping that for life if i can help it.

Last edited by JoeliusZ28; 12-14-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:59 PM

I'll be glad to trade in my 01 WS6, it's starting to feel too much like an f-body, rattles, vibrations, problems etc. It's warrantied till April 2007 or 84,000 miles - I don't drive the car much anymore, if I go somewhere I usually am either going somewhere with the dog or with my bike and both require me driving the truck, so the 16,000 miles I have left should last me easily till April 2007.

But I doubt I'll go with a 5th gen when I do trade in, I'm over it, I want a nice 4 door, maybe a CTS-V or a V8 STS Cadillac. I'd get an Audi if it wasn't for my hatred of german engineering always breaking and lacking torque. Basically I want something that when I say "lets go for a road trip" and suggest taking my car, people won't laugh at me I do like the 5th gen pics that I saw, but eh, it's still a 2 door car and the back seat will still suck. I'd consider a Charger SRT-8 over the new Camaro, I like my hemi Dodge Ram, but never driven the charger or had a close look at the SRT8's.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:21 PM

I'm keeping it(.)
Old 12-14-2005, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
My 94 Z28 is never going anyhere , while Ive done just about evrything imaginable with cars , the 94 is the 1st car I tore down to bare shell to restore from the inside out . I actually will be adding a 3rd gen before the 5th gen gets out . I MISS MY 3RD GENS ...dammit . Someday the perfect Medium Blue Metallic 5.7 ~or 5.0 5speed 89-90 Iroc , or the same color 91Z or a 92 Quazar Blue Z28 , is gonna show up at the right time
I would type, but, you seemed to have read my mind, so I'll just quote you

My '90 firebird is gone, but the '94 Z/28 just got a new motor & a bunch of toys thrown at it, is a 1LE, and will never be sold. My '98 could have been gone a few times, but it would cost me more to sell it and be left with nothing than to just finish building it and have two. Which only leaves me with this problem:

The car that should be the race car (my 1LE which is light and has few options) is my daily driver. The car that should be my daily driver (the black car has power everything) is becoming my race car. Neither car has ttops. And now Im looking to add an IROC (which should be my drag car and leave turning to the 1LE), and a 5th gen, which by that point, I have no idea where it fits in.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 PM

Would love to keep it, but who knows its quite a ways away! My ultimate goal, is to have one from every generation ( I'm sure I'm not alone). I was close once, before my first 94Z, I had a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bad AZz Z28
and a 5th gen, which by that point, I have no idea where it fits in.
Haha , a nice cushy daily driver . Compared to my F-bodies , ( the 94 will be a little more than radical , lol ) , the 5th gen is gonna feel like driving a Caddy( the new good handling kind ) .

Quick Reply: How many here will keep their current F Body if they buy a 5th gen?